It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunkin' Donuts employees suspended after one of them pours water on sleeping homeless man

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you have a link to that? I didn't see anything about that is the article itself--or did I miss something--or in the comments.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't. It was in a comment on a social media page. If i come across something ill share.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks.

If so, it just makes it all the more nasty.

I have more familiarity with that sort of situation then some, or even most, you get a much, much better reaction if you're civil, and as kind (maybe not quite the right word--but I'm dealing with a cold, and cold meds.)

I was always firm, but polite, when I had to move transients aka homeless along. I hated doing it, as oddly enough, the store I worked at was considered "safe" by the homeless, as we kept a very close eye on what was happening, not only in the store, but in the parking lot, as well. Odds were good, you'd be able to get a bit of a sleep there.

We didn't make a big production out of it, if they were away from our doors, they're fine, but if they were too close, we'd move 'em on. Only occasionally would I have to call the cops.

I'd been working at the store for about two years, on nights, when I discovered an odd thing...among the community of homeless, I was considered "alright". Apparently, I was fair, and not above helping out. More than once I let people in out of the cold and wet, let 'em sit in our deli area to warm up--since the deli was closed, it wasn't a big deal.

Obviously, Dunkin' can't do that, as their area is open, if they're open. The guy is just sitting there, sleeping as his phone charges? No reason to be anything but firm and polite, any issues you call the cops. There's nothing complicated here. The only reason I can see for doing the water dumping is for the LOL's, and 15 minutes on YouTube--which I find despicable.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
utterly reprehensible idiocy

and for idiots with the " excuse " that " it was only water "

lets tip a bucket of water over you - then throw you on the strreet for the night with no resources

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join