It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunkin' Donuts employees suspended after one of them pours water on sleeping homeless man

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Saw this a couple days ago on Live leak .

A black Dunkin donuts manger poured a pitcher of ice cold water on a white guy sleeping in the store. Then he called the white guy a N word and threatened him.

Can you imagine the headlines if this was a white manager and a black homeless man? This would be a hate crime.

Do you think Dunkin Donuts will shut down all of their stores for racial sensitivity training?

This has gone viral and the manager has been suspended , not fired but suspended.

But the sleeping guy does have a gofundme up to 14 grand , so probably glad the racist idiot did it.

patch.com...
edit on 2-10-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I doubt they’ll shut down their stores for racial sensitivity training. It’s a very hypocritical world.

The guy seemed to be polite as well, calling his attacker “sir”. I’ll bet if he would have been gently nudged and asked to leave firmly, he would have complied.

Like the homeless don’t have enough to worry about, now his only clothing is freezing wet, and he gets put outside.😕

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I doubt they’ll shut down their stores for racial sensitivity training. It’s a very hypocritical world.

The guy seemed to be polite as well, calling his attacker “sir”. I’ll bet if he would have been gently nudged and asked to leave firmly, he would have complied.

Like the homeless don’t have enough to worry about, now his only clothing is freezing wet, and he gets put outside.😕

I would have jumped up swinging. Sir my ass lol.

Grab a chair and smash him over the head with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I read the report on the BBC and there was no mention of eithers race, people can interpret how ever they want

my opinion was and still is the guy should be fired, I am not sure any policy for dealing with someone involves pouring a liquid substance onto them, especially in my country the UK with the rise in acid attacks.

Homeless or not the guy deserves some form of compensation from dunkin donuts, not just the generosity of people on go fund me.

I am not sure what makes anyone react in such a manner while on the clock at work, if you stressed dont be taking out on the general public.

edit on 2-10-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I think most guys would have done that. This guy has probably learned that being very polite has helped him more in his plight than letting his temper rule.

I’m so happy his gofundme account is doing well. Enough to get into a place of his own, hopefully.

edit on 2-10-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly.
Not only does he get a little revenge for the ALS challenge he didn’t sign up for, but he would be brought someplace to eat and sleep.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Sheye

I would have jumped up swinging. Sir my ass lol.

Grab a chair and smash him over the head with it.

Now that would have been a hate crime.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Considering the manager's tone and the context, I don't think he did anything wrong here. He did the dude a solid by not calling the cops, it's obvious they've had this discussion before between the two of them, and the usage of the n word wasn't presented in any sort of attacking manner, he called him "my n" same as he would have anyone he was conversationally talking to (in the name of disclosure, I could care less who uses what word and in what context... it's just words, we've all used many of them so there's no need to play childish *gasp, you said that* games)

If I was a franchise owners, I'd be happy with this man as the manager of my franchise.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This happened near me, local news is saying both employees of Dunkin...the pourer and the filmer, are fired.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
This happened near me, local news is saying both employees of Dunkin...the pourer and the filmer, are fired.

That's a shame.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Considering the manager's tone and the context, I don't think he did anything wrong here. He did the dude a solid by not calling the cops, it's obvious they've had this discussion before between the two of them, and the usage of the n word wasn't presented in any sort of attacking manner, he called him "my n" same as he would have anyone he was conversationally talking to (in the name of disclosure, I could care less who uses what word and in what context... it's just words, we've all used many of them so there's no need to play childish *gasp, you said that* games)

If I was a franchise owners, I'd be happy with this man as the manager of my franchise.

You cant assault the pulblic. You can ask them to leave and call the cops if they dont.

But you cant just pour ice water on them and their phone . I would fire his ass because this is a lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

That's a shame.

Its a shame the other 2 employees were fired I agree. But the guy who poured it on him should be fired.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

As Starbucks showed us, you can't call the cops on them either, or an incident occurs.

There was a crime committed, here, it's called "trespass" and it was committed by the bum. Businesses exist for one reason: to make money. Homeless shelters, community centers, churches... those are places for nonpaying patrons to lounge, not businesses where the object is to sell a good or service to people who may then enjoy the amenities provided by the business. It's a much larger liability to allow homeless to hang out in your establishment because most normal people won't frequent a flophouse and the business will suffer.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

But you cant just pour ice water on them and their phone

"I had to clean the bench and table, your honor. The trespasser would not respond to me or move and so I continued about my duties with nontoxic water to perform the cleaning operation."

It's WATER. Not acid, not feces, WATER. Your definition of assault looks incredibly weak and petty.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

"I had to clean the bench and table, your honor. The trespasser would not respond to me or move and so I continued about my duties with nontoxic water to perform the cleaning operation."

It's WATER. Not acid, not feces, WATER. Your definition of assault looks incredibly weak and petty.

Its not my definition of assault but it was assault. If I poured ice water on a cop just to be a dick would he charge me with assault?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

and the usage of the n word wasn't presented in any sort of attacking manner,

Really right after dumping a pitcher of ice water on his head? He was being endearing?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Its not my definition of assault but it was assault. If I poured ice water on a cop just to be a dick would he charge me with assault?

On a cop? LMAO, please pick something a bit more realistic and balanced, OK? I can put a middle finger in your face and nothing happen, if I did the same to a cop, I'm going for a ride.

I don't doubt in some of the more, err, lilac sniffing communities this would be seen as assault... I'm saying that's bush league bullcrap. No assault happened here. A loitering vagrant was simply moved along his way via traditionally acceptable means.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Im just saying the law is the law that could very easily be construed as assault under current laws.

Woman guilty of assault for throwing water

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Alot of examples.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join