It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

Indications seem to be leaning in that direction. I suppose it depends upon if the loans were paid. At prevailing interest rates. That should show up. Somewhere. Hundreds of millions.

Some people wondered why Trump was so sensitive about the tax thing. Some thought it was because it might show he lied about his wealth. Big deal.

Of course, there's that invoicing thing...

Indications? No, more like the hope filled insinuations of the left attempting to derail Trump.

You don’t think that the IRS knows how to discover if loans are legitimate? Really. According to CNN

(CNN)Donald Trump on Wednesday released a letter from his tax attorneys attesting that the GOP presidential front-runner's tax filings from 2009 and onward are still being audited by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS has, however, completed audits of Trump's tax returns through his 2008 filing. Trump's tax returns have been audited by the IRS each year since 2002, the letter said, and Trump's tax returns between those years "have been closed administratively by agreement with the IRS without assessment or payment, on a net basis, of any deficiency," the lawyers stated.

Trump is making too much positive progress to be derailed now. And besides, the left has no candidate and no message except hate Trump.

The only potential for weakness I see is voter complacency resulting in low turnout because things are going so well. However the NYTs, CNN and the Left have that issue well in hand. Thank you very much!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

According to CNN

According to Trump's attorneys, actually. And we know he's good at choosing attorneys.

Groovy. But This goes back a bit before that. I think.

edit on 10/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I remember a guy named Rangel

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

m'kay

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Trump was audited every year for a decade. Don’t you think they would’ve found something if there was anything there ?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Edit;

“ trust the New York Times “ lol

no dog in this race but in the UK the dailymail is also seen as a garbage news outlet, Mr Trump has had finacial backing from his rich parents IMO so what, thats how silver spoons work I guess

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

According to CNN

According to Trump's attorneys, actually. And we know he's good at choosing attorneys.

Groovy. But This goes back a bit before that. I think.

So you think Trump's tax attorneys are lying and are fabricating a story that the IRS have closed Trumps tax returns "administratively by agreement with the IRS without assessment or payment, on a net basis, of any deficiency" up to the year 2008?

Seems like a public lie like that might alert the IRS don't you think????

You are reaching. This is a story about how clever the President has been in paying the least amount of tax possible under the rules.

edit on 3/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

So what? That's up to the IR and if they have not challenged Mr Trump all these years, why would they do so now? They have had his returns year after year.

Remember a guy named Capone?

And now that you mention your buddy Alfonso:

www.washingtontimes.com...

The Democrats are working from Al Capone's playbook - Washington Times

edit on 3-10-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Well, at least you guys are going on the record that you are ok with crime as long as your guy does it. Wonderful.

Just imagine if we had a REAL genius in the office, someone who truly made an international company. Let's take Jeff Bezos. Started with nada, literally working out of a garage, and is now worth a 100 times what Trump is.

And then look at this great self promoter, who started with an empire and managed to triple it, or quadruple it -- over 50 years.

Imagine what a real genius could have done with that money. Imagine Bezos starting with half a billion, 50 years ago! Now imagine if we had a real international businessman, who understands trade and agreements better than DJT does, who didn't just fall into money but learned how to get there.

That's what we need to look at the next time around -- not hot air and self boasting.

who has the bigger pecker? that is what you are really looking for here right?

If Trump broke the law, arrest him. If not, don't. Why is it that innuendo and supposition are needed when tax returns are facts? Perhaps due to the nature of the charge? Go get em tiger.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thats downright not fair - without taxes how else will the Bureaucracy breed and nurture its leftist "ideals" throwing money at those who flourish with the Govt teat.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

They'll always try to write Trump off for what he's been able to do. And if he did get a bigger loan from his dad, I still wouldn't be bothered. When my grandfather passed away earlier this decade, he left over $9 million to my grandmother, plus his multi-million dollar company.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Trump was audited every year for a decade. Don’t you think they would’ve found something if there was anything there ?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Edit;

“ trust the New York Times “ lol

Of course not! The NY Times is much better prepared to do an audit than the IRS. How can you be that obtuse to even think the NY Times would do this story if it wasn't true. Some people are so partisan! /Sarcasm off
edit on 3-10-2018 by Scifi2424 because: Hit send to fast..

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

The NYTs fbi unit is working overtime before November. The fbi should hire some these reporters.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I was reading the article and it said D Trump was made a landlord from the time he was 3. A three year-old making 60k a year. Hard to imagine.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh shucks - and yet no prosecution under the tax codes?

At the risk of you responding "whataboutism" what was the alternative Clinton? whose Foundation amassed $100's of millions in pay to play schemes from Governments around the world? Lets not even talk about the Clinton body count thats followed them.

Do you really think that was a viable alternative?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So. His dad trying to get around greedy gov inheritance tax to leave his fortune to his kids I don't have a problem with that charging 55 percent tax on money that has already been taxed as income is double dipping and should not be allowed period why do you think people like Mark Suckerberg put most of his fb profits in a foundation why his daughter listed as head of so he can get around democraps stupid inheritance taxes.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

did your grandma boast incessantly that she built her empire from a tiny 1 million loan?

he didn't build any damn empire. it's hilarious.

edit on 3-10-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: LSU2018

did your grandma boast incessantly that she built her empire from a tiny 1 million loan?

he didn't build any damn empire. it's hilarious.

Your opinion. I see someone who is worth billions and has spent his life employing an unknown amount of people with high paying construction and architecture jobs among my other high paying jobs in other areas.

What have you done in your insignificant life? How many families have you created better lives for? How many Jews and Blacks have you allowed to have memberships at your golf courses in a time when it was not an acceptable thing to do? How many women have you promoted to high ranking and powerful jobs long before it was the it thing to do?

You are just a sad, bitter little person that cant see through your own irrational hatred.

Sad. So sad.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

trump lied about a loan to make himself appear better than he is and i'm the sad bitter person, ya, that's it sherlock.

there are literally schools/roads/shopping complexes in texas named after my grandfather and his brothers. bless your heart.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think this is a scam by the NY times to get his tax records. If the president were to sue because of false allegations they could hey a copy of his taxes as exculpatory evidence.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Man.... If President Trump isn't careful with this whole tax issue he could end up in serious trouble like Timothy Geithner ! Man, I can't think of a worse punishment for not paying taxes, than being made Secretary of the Treasury.....

Where were all these "concerned citizens" back then ? Oh ya, they were defending the President at that time, and defending Turbo-Tax Timmy....

Guess taxes are more of a political concern /shrug

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join