It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone dream of someone passing and it happens? More than once?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Before my mum passed suddenly I had dreamed I was in her house looking for her but she was gone. Light was streaming through the windows but the clock said 4:33 AM. Doesn't make sense that it would be that light at that time. Went from room to room and couldn't find her.
About a month later she passed away and I had to go to that empty house.

About 4 weeks ago I dreamed that I was in a place with windows and light and I heard the distinct voice of a former neighbor to my mum saying she had passed. I asked if she had seen my mum on the other side but she said no. I can't remember what else was said if anything.
I was really shaken when I woke and told my husband (and called a close relative of mine that knew who she was) that it really spooked me but I didn't call her as we had not kept in touch since I moved away.

You can't just call someone out of the blue and tell them you dreamed they had died.

So weeks pass and I didn't hear anything on FB from someone who still lived next to her so I assumed we were out of the woods with that prediction and I figured it was a goofy dream.

Well, yesterday my relative happened to pick up a local paper and saw my former neighbor's obit. She PMed about it and when I read it I got a shiver.
Now I'm super freaked out.

I always have vivid and detailed dreams - sometimes talking to relatives who have passed or in otherworldly situations and they seem to be a blessing but I really don't want to be the one to know these things beforehand. I remember a dream I had where I was on a game show and it was like a wheel of fortune thing and what you spun and landed on was your sign. Mine landed on the grim reaper symbol.

Unsettling.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

...Well...Goodbye then.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

I haven't had dreams that were of the premonition type, like you are describing, but my brother passed away less than 2 years ago and I have seen and talked with him in dreams a handful of times.

Recently (a little over a week ago) I had one of the realest dreams ever with him in it. We were talking for awhile and I just remember being so fascinated by the fact that his voice was exactly the same, and it sounded so crisp and exactly as I'd remembered. Sometimes I fear I will forget what it sounded like... luckily I believe he is still communicating in those fleeting moments and I believe I will see him again one day.

From what you are describing, it sounds like more than just coincidence, but in the end everyone will have their own opinions and beliefs about what you are saying. Thanks for sharing, it was intriguing.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I see my grandparents in my dreams often. At very least once or twice a week, more now than before. I'm sure there is some significance to it, like my subconscious trying to figure an issue out within me. In my dreams, it's like they never passed, at least I dont know that they had while in the dreams, for obvious reasons.

I don't think it's spirits, ghosts or them coming back to tell me something. I really believe it's just something symbolic used for my brain to either figure something out or a way to understand something that vexes or perplexes me in my awakened state.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
while i was at the university dorm one night i dreamt of my mom falling off from a high a place, i ran and catch her and when i woke up i really felt hot and very alarmed and soon i learned she was about to go to surgery due to breast cancer and they were hiding it from me.

my ex was again going through a surgery..again cancer last year and whole day of operation was a freaky nightmare ans so was the few following weeks. doc said to family it was too late after the prosedure and then they found out no he is ok and he can go without even kemo.

so..what was i gonna say? i think it doest matter anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Gives "dreaming of you" a sinister cast.

We all die, so eventually every dream character (and every dreamer) will die, too, making the predictive percentage 100.

But precognitive dreaming is something that happens.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sort of the opposite happened for my wife. Her father was very intense about wanting a grandson. My wife's sister had 2 daughters and our first child was also a girl. The first thing he usually said to me is, "When am I going to get my grandson?" Well, he passed away 6 months after our daughter was born. After that my wife would dream about him regularly, just having conversations. After a while the dreams faded and we had our 2nd child, another girl. We figured that was it and pretty much stopped trying for any more kids.
Well, ten years down the line my wife was asleep and having some random dream and she says her father straight up busted into it and excitedly says, "Mija! (daughter) We got him!" Confused, she says, "Got who Dad?" He replied, "We got our boy!" then she woke up. She told me about the dream and I being a dumb male dismissed it outright. Well she went shopping that day and picked up a pregnancy test while she was there. Sure enough, she was pregnant. Our son was born 8 1/2 months later.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes, have had it happen. I don't want to go into details at the moment but recently have found out through court docs it pretty much parallels what had happed. It's frightening me in a sense that I knew what happened through the dream before I knew of their passing.

Another case where it was paranormal contact through the dream. I had asked the building caretaker and they had confirmed the torture and kidnapping, to say the least, of what happened to the woman. Although this one was some years after it had happened.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A very dear friend of mine (lady in her 60’s) does. If she dreams of it 3 times, it happens. Though the dreams aren’t specific to who will pass- she gets the gender and often the mode of passing. It’s wild.

top topics

join