It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Shot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I would VERY much like to know what percentage of health care professionals get the flu shot, and also if they are pressured/leveraged into doing so.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have never had a flu shot and never will. If you enjoy being a guinea pig for big pharmacy etc. then by all means get as many as you can.a reply to: Skorpiogurl

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Never gotten the flu shot and I think I've had the flu twice in my 48 years of life. Both of those were when I was a child. Never again since. I worked for 10+ years as a lab tech in a hospital and was around some very sick people every day. Only very rarely got a cold and even now with my immune system not being the best, I haven't had anything worse than a case of allergies acting up in a while.

Anything is possible, but to be honest, I don't trust the shot and would rather not tempt fate and get a mild case of the flu from it. I literally cannot afford to be sick at this stage.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

There are some folk who believe that the ingredients in the flu shot can cause Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

I was COMPLETELY paralyzed with GB Syndrome at age 18, could only blink my eyes and the pain was excruciating. Months spent in hospital and years of physical therapy to get back to about 90% normality (still some nerve damage in face and extremities). Flu shots have a warning that people who have had GB Syndrome should NOT receive the shot because of a higher chance of re-acquiring the illness. This doesn't stop everyone from my doctor, health insurance company, and pharmacist from begging me to take the Flu Shot every year DESPITE it being listed as an ALLERGY on my medical records.

Even if it is a very minuscule risk and I had never had GB, I wouldn't chance taking it. If my job required it, I would find another job or get an exemption. But, it's your body and your health, put what you want in it!
edit on 1022018 by seattlerat because: mai spilling sugz

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Where's the research?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join