It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Making Rape Political.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The teacher should be allowed to teach until evidence is provided showing their is a reasonable chance these crimes were committed

By your standard, would any anonymous allegation do?

come on Grambler

any parent worth a # would want that teacher removed from the class until a thorough investigation has been completed.

bunch of 1st graders are going to continue to be taught by an alleged pederast?
i dont think so

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
We are in danger of diminishing the seriousness of sexual assault...

The moment you open to the flood gates to ANY allegation, including all of the false ones, without any consideration of an accused's presumption of innocence, you've done that all by yourself.

Why should any woman be believed if none have to prove it?

That's the problem with many on the left, they create standards that increase injustice, not diminish them.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: notsure1
Innocent until proven guilty does not mean that your kids teacher gets to keep on working after being accused of touching the kids up.

They get suspended and they get investigated.

A COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS analogy.

Children are largely defenseless and particularly vulnerable. There is a compelling interest to do something very different in that example.

What is the risk with Kavanaugh? What vulnerable class are you trying to protect?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Mrs. Ford provided a written statement before her testimony. In that written testimony she named 2 guys and 1 girl as being present, 1 of the guys she claimed was an actual witness to the assault.

All 3 individuals, 1 a lifelong friend denied being present at the party, denied even knowing Judge Kavanaugh, the other 2 also denied the alleged incident.

I never called her a lair but when 3 people provide sworn statements denying the incident, the accused denies the allegation and the person that makes the allegation has never filed a formal criminal complaint in over 35 years, makes a good case today to say I don't believe her.
edit on 10/2/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

The teacher should be allowed to teach until evidence is provided showing their is a reasonable chance these crimes were committed

come on Grambler

any parent worth a # would want that teacher removed from the class until a thorough investigation has been completed.

i dont think so

Legally not even the school could suspend the teacher unless someone filed a report and pressed charges.

That's the main issue here. What they are doing has no legal standing because nobody has filed a charge. Kavanaugh should be voted in. If they file a police report than the discussion can be had about his position.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
this thread is dangerous, believing accusations with out corroboration and due proses is dangerous, you Americans are in deep trouble, the lefts are a cancer, cut them off, dont vote for them, save your country, and save the world in the process, its unprecedented and never heard of before

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Whats funny is I am not even sold on him being the best possible candidate but the stupidity from the left in this clown show is forcing me to defend the guy which leads to at least a backwards endorsement for his confirmation.
edit on 2-10-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: notsure1
So because we believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty we are making it political?

Nope, it’s because you frame your argument as being about innocent until proven guilty and due process when it’s really about your political bias.

How else to explain the blind support on ATS for a man who was an architect of the Patriot Act and also ruled that American citizens could be disappeared by the FBI and CIA with no recourse?

Unless we’re all supporters of the patriot act and government spying now I’d think most people on a place like ATS would be against that kind of thing. Unless you know, politics.

I support him because of the witch hunt and the false allegations. I have said it on here before I would never had supported him but now I find myself supporting him vigorously.

Because you guys want to destroy the constitution.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Actually, I could also say the same about Trump or many of this administration's policies.

But when the cure is worse than the disease....

The left is unhinged and I'm supposed to support that?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If you don't want to make rape political, then don't bring the charges to a politician.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

I made this point on another thread today.

Innocent until proven guilty does not mean that your kids teacher gets to keep on working after being accused of touching the kids up.

They get suspended and they get investigated.

Now I am not saying I believe her or not, I am saying that he cannot possibly be a holding the position of Supreme Court Judge before the allegation is dealt with.
Well nobody has accused Kav of doing that but that didn’t stop them from preventin him from coaching soccer. This is all Democrat doing plus Flakey Fkake.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

come on Grambler

bunch of 1st graders are going to continue to be by an alleged pederast?
i dont think so
So who is the alleged pederast ?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: underwerks

Just because I dont agree with the guy doesnt mean he's bad for the country. I've disagreed with loads of politicians and here we are...still the US of A....

I am not always right, but apparently you are.

A2D

As a general rule, I’m not going to support anyone having anything to do with the patriot act. Especially for a position on the Supreme Court.

It’s not like I just disagree with his positions on a few issues, his interpretation of the constitution has been shown over and over again to be anti-freedom and pro-government surveillance. The decisions he will make if confirmed will effect all of our lives, and it doesn’t sit well with me after I researched his past. It’s not a small thing.

Why anyone would be for a candidate with his track record is beyond me. He’s everything the Trump supporters here have been screaming about fighting against for the past two years.

Yet, here we are.
How about if SCOTUS just decide not to uphold roe v wade because they don’t like it ? Is that how you feel about how Supreme Court Justices should decide which laws they want to uphold ?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

come on Grambler

i dont think so

So anyone could submit an anonymous letter with no details no return address that just says the teacher is a sex offender, and that’s it?

Ridiculous

Would it also be cool anither person who applied for that job to sit on an allegation for 6 weeks, and then spring it as they were about to hire the other teacher?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Whats funny is I am not even sold on him being the best possible candidate but the stupidity from the left in this clown show is forcing me to defend the guy which leads to at least a backwards endorsement for his confirmation.

I seem to remember a similar sentiments when people were voting for POTUS, damned if you do and damned if you don't seems to be a recurring theme here.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

come on Grambler

i dont think so

So anyone could submit an anonymous letter with no details no return address that just says the teacher is a sex offender, and that’s it?

Ridiculous

Would it also be cool anither person who applied for that job to sit on an allegation for 6 weeks, and then spring it as they were about to hire the other teacher?

On the flip side what if you did nothing and one of your kids was raped by the accused in that anonymous letter?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There is a reason why the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Did you ever read a book entitled To Kill a Mockingbird? Perhaps we should update it for today. Instead of a fascinating character named Atticus Finch, it features the lynching of a black man for raping a white girl because #BelieveAllWomen.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There is a reason why the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Did you ever read a book entitled To Kill a Mockingbird? Perhaps we should update it for today. Instead of a fascinating character named Atticus Finch, it features the lynching of a black man for raping a white girl because #BelieveAllWomen.

Exactly!

There is no freedom "to".
Only freedom "from".

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

At no time do condone believe all women, looking at an early thread of mine will show you I have experienced the fallout of lies from an ex, it screwed my life right up, only now am I recovering and moving forward, hell my son ended up in foster care for a while because of the authorities bias towards women, the system is broken.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Kick em all in the balls and feed their corpses to the swine.

New Rules.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join