It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Making Rape Political.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

So what happens when every single justice from now on gets accused? We just get rid of the scotus? No one is qualified anymore...game over. Shows over. Go home. No refunds. No encores. (?)

A2D

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The crux of the disagreement is to who's satisfaction must these allegations be resolved? Many of us on the Right side are satisfied that he's innocent... many of the Left aren't. Who should be pandered to?

Who should be pandered to.

Neither side should be pandered to, only perhaps the alleged victim.

It should be investigated just like if your neighbour were to make an accusation like this against you and when the investigation is concluded then his nomination I think should be taken from there.

But not even she was pandered to!

She claimed she wanted to remain anonymous throughout, and the politician who had her letter with the allegations mysteriously allowed those allegations to leak in the most damaging to the nominee manner possible.

So you want rape to stop being political? Perhaps you should be yelling at the politicians and not the posters. Had proper procedure in this case been followed ALL of this would have been handled behind closed doors.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well fortunately everything is on the table when it comes to a position of such magnitude. The only huge negative is if she is misleading the public as to what really happened. This is politics like it or not..

I would like to see them both take a polygraph with a greater degree of specificity with regards to questions. The questions that were read to the accuser seemed to have left out some important questions like , was Kavanaugh the person who sexually assaulted you on the night in question?" and for Kavanaugh Did you sexually assault Ford on the on the night in question?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Well that says a lot about our society... doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
We don't want a man sitting on the Supreme Judicile Court - that has even been accused of these sort of crimes. Do we? Don't we want a man or woman of incredible integrity sitting upon these top courts? Not even someone who was in any way expected of this sort of crime? Don't we?

???? Listen to yourself man. For real....re-read what i have quoted above. If you need to read it again.

Then think about all the false allegations that get trotted out by political types when it is politically expedient.

No one expected this sort of crime, hence the 6 previous FBI background checks.

A man of incredible integrity can be easily tanked by flimsy allegations when you set your bar so low.

Side note: this bullcrap is why we don't get decent people running for office. Lord knows I would never run for national level office....look at how we treat people. Look at how many people lap the horsecrap up like it was chocolate ice cream.

We get the government we deserve.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Not mention she was attending a funeral around the time of her test. Her emotional state would (or should) have been suspect for something like an accurate reading on a polygraph.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Well that says a lot about our society... doesn't it?

Yes. That willing pawns are willing to set aside any shred of adult credulity to believe their political overlords.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think a lot of us on ATS are digging deeper for the truth. Asking questions, having meaningful discussions but that's not the real world were it goes down party lines.

If you're a democrat, you're supposed to believe these women, no matter what.

If you're a republican, you're supposed to dismiss these women as a political attack.

Talk to your friends and co workers in real life. have a discussion on Facebook and you'll see. Almost everyone that believes that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted women is a democrat. Almost everyone who's dismissing these women as politically motivated is a republican.

It's the same with all of our discussions. Climate Change/global warming. If you believe in man made global warming, your a democrat, if you don't you're probably a republican.

Weird eh? It's almost like we're being brainwashed by the news we watch and instead of thinking for ourselves, we're believing what we're told we should be believing in.
edit on 2-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Darling man, haven 't you heard? The color of a person's skin is political. Where they were born is political;
whether or not they are "scum" and whether they are an honest person or a liar is political.

Everybody line up quickly and take sides!

May the loudest people win, of course.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

So then, oh enlightened one, what is the middle ground?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You said it. None of the rest of us did.

Do you know why it's political? Because politicians have created voter blocks. They tell you what you care about and how to vote based on those blocks.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: notsure1

I made this point on another thread today.

Innocent until proven guilty does not mean that your kids teacher gets to keep on working after being accused of touching the kids up.

They get suspended and they get investigated.

Now I am not saying I believe her or not, I am saying that he cannot possibly be a holding the position of Supreme Court Judge before the allegation is dealt with.
But that's the problem and I won't stand for it.

Just because he is under investigation doesn't mean he stops his duties, you might as well call him guilty.

Nope.

So what in the analogy I just used, teacher, allegedly touching the kids, gets to keep working while being investigated.

No

And to me this is no different, he is a judge, he cannot do that job while himself being investigated for crimes of sexual assault in my view.
I refute your opinion, completely.

The smear campaign is designed just for that, relying on the emotionally naive who'll be quick to cast judgement simply cause of the radical nature of the subject.

Keeping him from running a kids group shouldn't change that because it would be a cop out admission and you know that.

So, no, you can't destroy peoples lives based on allegations.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Darling man, haven 't you heard? The color of a person's skin is political. Where they were born is political;
whether or not they are "scum" and whether they are an honest person or a liar is political.

Everybody line up quickly and take sides!

May the loudest people win, of course.

Says a cheerleader for the left.

Rah Rah.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Don't use rape as a weapon to destroy political opponents.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The thing is all of your quoted estimations and statistics are irrelevant to what is currently taking place. We are currently in the midst of a mass moral panic the likes of which we've never seen. Yes, it is unfortunately piggybacking a very real and very serious issue and that makes it even more difficult to get untangled. It is also spreading faster and further than any previous moral panic episode because of it is taking place in a new era of social media. Another alarming factor is that in previous episodes in history it is usually the intellectuals or academics that eventually step forward to quell the fears and end the panic. But in this instance, it is largely the intellectuals and academics that are complicit in fanning the flames. This is uncharted territory.

Now I know I'm going to be shouted down and called heartless and ignorant, etc. That is just how these things go and that's fine. As long as the message reaches a few rational minds, that reach a few more rational minds and so and so forth. That is the only way I can think of that will help combat the sheer lunacy we are currently facing.

To the rest of, well - you probably don't even have the first clue as to what I'm on about.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's thinking for ourselves. Rachel Maddow is going to lie to you. Sean Hannity is going to lie to you. Rush Limbaugh is going to lie to you. Bill Maher is going to lie to you. Laura Ingraham is going to lie to you.

I don't have all the answers. I keep trying to sift through this Kavanaugh stuff. Yeah, of course the democrats are using it for political purposes. Of course the Republicans are going to say there's nothing to any of this. I don't know what the truth is yet, but I don't make my mind up because some Hack on Fox news or MSNBC tells me to.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's thinking for ourselves. Rachel Maddow is going to lie to you. Sean Hannity is going to lie to you. Rush Limbaugh is going to lie to you. Bill Maher is going to lie to you. Laura Ingraham is going to lie to you.

I don't have all the answers. I keep trying to sift through this Kavanaugh stuff. Yeah, of course the democrats are using it for political purposes. Of course the Republicans are going to say there's nothing to any of this. I don't know what the truth is yet, but I don't make my mind up because some Hack on Fox news or MSNBC tells me to.

What does your gut tell you?

(post by angeldoll removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

How else to explain the blind support on ATS for a man who was an architect of the Patriot Act and also ruled that American citizens could be disappeared by the FBI and CIA with no recourse?

See, now THOSE are valid points, but I guess that you'll have to excuse those of us who refuse to let a man get destroyed both personally and professionally based on some...well, to be frank...claims that are looking like more and more outright false allegations nearly every day.

I definitely believe that there would be better people to put in the SCOTUS, but as far as the professionalism of the nomination hearings and votes, this has been an utterly unfair debacle of a circus that is posing as functioning government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join