It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Making Rape Political.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And if the investigation finds that Kavanaugh committed sexual assault? Then what?

A poll released today found that the majority of GOP voters think Kavanaugh should still be approved even if Ford's story is found to be true.

Then Amy Coney Barrett happens.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That may be true....

....but that isn't the fault of the falsely accused.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Please provide proof that a criminal complaint was filed.

Honestly, i'd love to see that happen. Because then there are legal repercussions for lying on the part of the accuser.

Like I pointed out in the OP only 35% of actual sexual assaults are believed to actually be reported on.

A Statute of Limitations for Rape is a bit of a joke but the law is the law I guess.

Fords is questionable for the statute. Swetnick absolutely could file one for the gangrape she says happened to her....though it didnt appear to include Kav.

Both can file and make a report. Doesnt matter if the statute is up. They can still file.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That may be true....

Hey if she is making a false accusations, something I totally acknowledge is difficult to prove then she should facing some pretty harsh punishment.

All I am saying that until the issue is resolved independent of the political spectacle he should have his nomination delayed at the very least.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Kavanaugh has led an entirely political life. His career involves total Republican beliefs and he has been involved in many high level Republican campaigns. He acts and speaks like he is extremely conservative however his behavior in his youth belie the facts from numerous sources of irresponsible behavior.

He is in the fight of his life mostly due to his outspoken conservatism and wish to overturn Roe v. Wade.

In these circumstances, politics is the fight; not rape-that's simply a sideshow to the real issue. And that's just shameful. Rape is a real issue and deserves to be treated with seriousness.

It's shameful that the politicos are both using rape and sexual assault to serve their own means.

Why can't the Demos and Repugs call it what it is-a fight over abortion?
edit on 2-10-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That may be true....

All I am saying that until the issue is resolved independent of the political spectacle he should have his nomination delayed at the very least.

Which is exactly the point that you said you didnt want to happen. Its political.

Let me know when you figure out why they didnt investigate starting when they got the letter and held it until the last second. They could have filed anonymously and investigated as a Jane Doe.

The dems made this about the confirmation....period.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
So because we believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty we are making it political?

Nope, it’s because you frame your argument as being about innocent until proven guilty and due process when it’s really about your political bias.

How else to explain the blind support on ATS for a man who was an architect of the Patriot Act and also ruled that American citizens could be disappeared by the FBI and CIA with no recourse?

Unless we’re all supporters of the patriot act and government spying now I’d think most people on a place like ATS would be against that kind of thing. Unless you know, politics.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What does that path look like, though? At this point there is only the political spectacle. There is no federal law that applies, and the state law has lapsed due to the statute of limitations.

So how else does this get resolved if not politically?

And how does it not become political when the report was made to a legislator instead of law enforcement? Is investigating and enforcing laws the role of the legislative branch?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

So because we believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty we are making it political?

Nope, it’s because you frame your argument as being about innocent until proven guilty and due process when it’s really about your political bias.

How else to explain the blind support on ATS for a man who was an architect of the Patriot Act and also ruled that American citizens could be disappeared by the FBI and CIA with no recourse?

Unless we’re all supporters of the patriot act and government spying now I’d think most people on a place like ATS would be against that kind of thing. Unless you know, politics.

Huh?

You guys are screaming for more government and don't even see it.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: underwerks

Huh?

You guys are screaming for more government and don't even see it.

Please explain to me how what I was talking about is wanting more government. I’m wanting people that are proponents of a surveillance state out of government.

You obviously want the opposite.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yes I want smaller government, why do you want more?

You might not see it yet but when you get older you will understand.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Innocent until proven guilty only applies in criminal cases. Civil matters do not have that burden of proof.

link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Yes I want smaller government, why do you want more?

You might not see it yet but when you get older you will understand.

Sooo.. nothing is your answer?

I’m not surprised.

link   

I'm 32 years old. Non partisan...registered voter but never even voted because no one seems to uphold the same values and morals as I do. There are ALWAYS big things that I disagree with for every candidate.

And while I dont agree with Kavanaughs interpretation of the constitution there is absolutely nothing in his record that demonstrates to me that he is an unqualified judge.

The whole thing is just politics at its finest. People dont agree with him so they dont want him in a position of power. It's simple.

A2D

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
has kavanaugh stepped down? isn't he still a sitting judge...
who is up for a promotion? so it would be more of a matter of a teacher who is accused of having fun with the kids having the decision of weather or not they should be the principle of the school delayed a few weeks..
wouldn't it???

and as far as the "guilty till proven innocent" bit..
just what side decided that ford was a part of this vast left wing conspiracy intent on preventing the confirmation before hardly any facts were made known??

as far as the politicizing of sexual assault/abuse..
well maybe all this is just a symptom of another error that was made...
the politicization of the supreme court. or to put it another way... thinking of the court as just another political arm to have control of and trying to manipulate events (like holding a seat open on it for close to a year till you can get your man into the white house so you can have a someone appointed that has the same political bias as you do?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

I'm 32 years old. Non partisan...registered voter but never even voted because no one seems to uphold the same values and morals as I do. There are ALWAYS big things that I disagree with for every candidate.

And while I dont agree with Kavanaughs interpretation of the constitution there is absolutely nothing in his record that demonstrates to me that he is an unqualified judge.

The whole thing is just politics at its finest. People dont agree with him so they dont want him in a position of power. It's simple.

A2D

That is precisely the reason he’s unqualified for the Supreme Court. I don’t think someone with his interpretation of the constitution should be sitting in judgment on anything, in any court. Especially the highest one of the land.

What happened to drain the swamp? Kavanaugh is one of the original swamp creatures from the Bush administration.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have been the victim of a mst (military sexual trauma) and it took me five years FIVE years before I had the courage to report the assault.

So when a woman says this happened to her. Even 35 years ago. I have to sit up and listen. And HOPE that her voice is heard.

We don't want a man sitting on the Supreme Judicile Court - that has even been accused of these sort of crimes. Do we? Don't we want a man or woman of incredible integrity sitting upon these top courts? Not even someone who was in any way expected of this sort of crime? Don't we?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Just because I dont agree with the guy doesnt mean he's bad for the country. I've disagreed with loads of politicians and here we are...still the US of A....

I am not always right, but apparently you are.

A2D

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

We don't want a man sitting on the Supreme Judicile Court - that has even been accused of these sort of crimes. Do we?

wow
just accusations are now grounds to derail someone?
no one will ever have that seat again

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That is precisely the reason he’s unqualified for the Supreme Court. I don’t think someone with his interpretation of the constitution should be sitting in judgment on anything, in any court.

I respect that.
So you won't mind an up or down vote then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join