It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Making Rape Political.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So I have not really commented on this case around he whose name I cannot spell (kavanaugh) and the allegations of historical sexual assault against him because, well to be quite honest I just don't really feel all that comfortable at times talking about stuff like that. That said however, I do browse the threads, I might not be commenting but I am reading and noticing a really disturbing trend that we have seen before with allegations against other political figures like Trump and yes, even Clinton.

Its the way that some people just seem to be dismissing these allegations as political weapons, dismissing them, as lies created by political opponents and this leads to some really ugly arguments. It is estimated that only 35% of sexual assault cases are actually reported to the police according to the Department of Justice. There are a whole range of reasons why women, and men, don't report sexual assault. Furthermore figures from the FBI report that only 8% of all reports of rape are proven to be falsified.

My point really then is that we should be taking the accusations that come from these women (its mostly women) very seriously. I think that cases like Cosby, Savile and so on demonstrate that there is a growing movement (Call it #metoo if you want) of these monstrous individuals coming to justice and it would be wise to not be so dismissive of claims against sexual assault just because.....politics or fame.

We are in danger of diminishing the seriousness of sexual assault, of adding to the fear that stops victims coming out and speaking the truth, of the horrors they have been subjected to. Women who come out against these men need our empathy not some vile hate-filled post on the internet calling them out as liars because the accusation does not fit in with your own brand of political BS.

Because thats what I keep seeing happening and I am calling it out, individuals who are dismissing allegations of the most serious sexual nature because they are against their favourite political puppet of the month. I think we need to stop making sexual assault so political, I think when a accusation comes forward it should be treated just as serious as any other allegation regardless of who the allegation is against, I don't think this should be a left vs right issue but rather a right vs wrong issue and rape is very wrong and should always be taken very seriously.

edit on 2-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then let's stop bringing inflated and false allegations of it into every.single.goddamned.politically.convenient.discussion.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So because we believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty we are making it political?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Kavanaugh confirmation wouldn't be political if all Republicans stuck together. The Dem noise would just be an annoyance, and short-lived at that.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I made this point on another thread today.

Innocent until proven guilty does not mean that your kids teacher gets to keep on working after being accused of touching the kids up.

They get suspended and they get investigated.

Now I am not saying I believe her or not, I am saying that he cannot possibly be a holding the position of Supreme Court Judge before the allegation is dealt with.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I am saying that he cannot possibly be a holding the position of Supreme Court Judge before the allegation is dealt with.

This isn't a point of disagreement, though. The crux of the disagreement is to who's satisfaction must these allegations be resolved? Many of us on the Right side are satisfied that he's innocent... many of the Left aren't. Who should be pandered to? You know damn well that later this week, when the FBI investigation is complete, that if the FBI finds no merit to the allegations, many, many Dems will continue to cajole and howl about "OMG, they're putting a rapist on the SCOTUS!" and their media ass suckers will join alongside them, once again directing the damn narrative.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Innocent until proven guilty does not mean that your kids teacher gets to keep on working after being accused of touching the kids up.

Now I am not saying I believe her or not, I am saying that he cannot possibly be a holding the position of Supreme Court Judge before the allegation is dealt with.
But that's the problem and I won't stand for it.

Just because he is under investigation doesn't mean he stops his duties, you might as well call him guilty.

Nope.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

They get suspended and they get investigated

Wrong again.. What about all the priests that have been getting accused for decades?

link   

It became political when the leftists tried to use it as a political tool to subvert due process and the will of the American people all in an effort to maintain some of their failing influence on the American justice system.

So before you start pointing fingers, go take a look in the mirror.

Edit;
And furthermore, if you're so worried about the victims of sexual assault. You may want to spend less time concerned with America and look into all the sanctioned Sharia courts in the UK that pass sexual assault off as a protected religious practice.

Silly hypocrite
edit on 2-10-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

link   

If they had brought evidence, or if the story hadn't shifted as the narrative from the democrats shifted, then I imagine the majority of people would have supported them.

But they forgot evidence, they forgot to present a story that didn't morph as days went by, or after 6 days of talks with a lawyer.

When you add in all the inconsistencies you cannot put the accused in a guilty till innocence is proven if you believe in justice at all.

ETA: how many times does the guy need to be investigated ( this is what the 7th time as he moved up the ranks in the court system) before people will accept that there is no evidence of wrong doing?

edit on 2-10-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

link   

You are correct.
Kavanaugh has been investigated....6 times.
When the "lifelong" friend of the lady making the accusations will not verify the story what are we to do?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The crux of the disagreement is to who's satisfaction must these allegations be resolved? Many of us on the Right side are satisfied that he's innocent... many of the Left aren't. Who should be pandered to?

Who should be pandered to.

Neither side should be pandered to, only perhaps the alleged victim.

It should be investigated just like if your neighbour were to make an accusation like this against you and when the investigation is concluded then his nomination I think should be taken from there.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

But that's the problem and I won't stand for it.

Just because he is under investigation doesn't mean he stops his duties, you might as well call him guilty.

Nope.

So what in the analogy I just used, teacher, allegedly touching the kids, gets to keep working while being investigated.

No

And to me this is no different, he is a judge, he cannot do that job while himself being investigated for crimes of sexual assault in my view.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

A Rich, Racist, Rapist, Russian Spy for President..

That is the title of one of your threads in the political mud pit.

Lol, what a joke.

link   

I assure you, if my neighbor accused me of something and the first investigation found no evidence, the case would be dropped. Kavanaugh has had 6 investigations already, now we're in the midst of number 7... all so far producing zero evidence of wrongdoing. As I said, when will it be enough?

link   

But its not a criminal investigation, statue of limitations has expired, and in the case of Ford the allegations go back to when they were both minors and that would make it a misdemeanor if what I read was true.

ETA: oh and the DNC made Rape political when they held on to the allegation till the last second for the biggest political impact.

edit on 2-10-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Lol, what a joke.

Well nice to see you can stay on topic and attack the ball no the player.

Well done you!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Lol, what a joke.

Well nice to see you can stay on topic and attack the ball no the player.

Well done you!

Just calling out a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My understanding is that he has not been investigated over this specific allegation.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I assure you, if my neighbor accused me of something and the first investigation found no evidence, the case would be dropped. Kavanaugh has had 6 investigations already, now we're in the midst of number 7... all so far producing zero evidence of wrongdoing. As I said, when will it be enough?

another who does not understand what 6 background checks means
why am I not surprised

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join