It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West delivers pro-Trump speech on 'Saturday Night Live,' receives boos from audience

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Prison stats seem to undermine this position.

Less black people yet they make up a majority of the prison population. If all humans are created equal, why the gaping disparity?

If we don't answer that, and do something about it, we cannot (with a straight face) say that America provides equal opportunity.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah I saw that at least a tiny bit of that.

The cold open with Matt Damon was much more entertaining.

Cute. That "old white men" meme is going to sink democrats faster than Hillary did when she shoved whites aside.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Less black people yet they make up a majority of the prison population. If all humans are created equal, why the gaping disparity?

If we don't answer that, and do something about it, we cannot (with a straight face) say that America provides equal opportunity.

There are certainly some disparities, but I'd say 80% of it is primarily from the fact that blacks commit more crime.

America certainly has it's problems but overall it is a great country.

My issue is when people make blanket statements like "America isn't great for black people" or some variation all the while benefiting from what America offers. It is like how Michael Moore bashes capitalism while making millions of dollars using the capitalist system.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: CADpro

Here I am reading thru threads to notice your post. I've found to be like me in opinion. That was until now when stating your support for gay rights. I see that as a sickness and people now days glorify it. What used to be wrong is now right. What used to be right is now wrong.

Oooh no, sport. It ain't that easy. You don't get to edit and move on from your high and mighty "wrong is now right" opinion.

See, I don't care who you chose to sleep with, fall in love with, what color they are, where they're from, how they talk, how much money you make or if you drive fancy car or whether they are the same sex.
I do, on the other hand, care of you're a bigoted asshole who judges people on such things.

BTW....My daughter is Gay and [ like I've said to others before you ] on her behalf...F**k You.

No need to get upset. Nobody minds gay people who keep to their own. The problem is when liberals try to shove the acceptance of gays down the throat of America, which is no different than the resistance that came when the left shoved the ACA down our throats. They make the common man who never thought about it before, resent it. In my opinion, you're all free to think and do as you want within the limitations of the law, just don't force me or my kids to like it.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It was bent and spun by people who are "woke" into America being bad.

I had assumed we all thought gun violence is bad.
I had also assumed the "trick" is how we as a society deal with said violence.

Silly me to think of a music video as art and a reflection of what the artist is attempting to say.
The video did enable a discussion of gun violence with my 12 year old. His view was interesting.

That said...America has some rather glaring inequalities. Many legally codified.

I wouldn't argue that point.

For example, it is easy to understand how minorities get arrested more frequently when you understand that their neighborhoods are patrolled more vigorously. I used to marvel, back inthe early 90's, how only wire spoked low riders seem to be pulled over in my predominately hispanic home town.

But i ain't stupid either....and bought myself a white pickup truck (which never gets pulled over).

I grew up 60 miles south of D.C. during the crack epidemic. That town still has not recovered. When we visited the district we did not loiter on street corners.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

It was bent and spun by people who are "woke" into America being bad.

That said...America has some rather glaring inequalities. Many legally codified.

For example, it is easy to understand how minorities get arrested more frequently when you understand that their neighborhoods are patrolled more vigorously. I used to marvel, back inthe early 90's, how only wire spoked low riders seem to be pulled over in my predominately hispanic home town.

But i ain't stupid either....and bought myself a white pickup truck (which never gets pulled over).

I got pulled over all the time in the 90's when I was a teen. That was back when 15x10 rims were the hottest item for a full size truck and it got way too much attention from police. My brother-in-law is 48 and never got pulled over until he bought a 2016 Rocky Mountain edition jacked up Silverado. He said he can go 5 miles over the limit and cops pull him over. I have a 2016 Ram Lonestar edition 2 wheel drive that's Delmonico Pearl Red (looks maroon) and I can pass police going 10 miles over and they don't look twice. I DO have a Blue Lives Matter flag sticker on the back window, though it's small, so I don't know if that saves me or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
I do not care who the man voted for or supports politically, just that the man voted.

However, the way he presented the removal of the 13th amendment, is far more dangerous, and damming. It shows ignorance and a lack of understanding, no matter how provocative the comments are. Some may think that this is a good idea, and that is where trouble always starts and begins.

The funny thing about laws, are that once enacted, more often times than not, it remains on the books, even if said law is rendered invalid, by say a federal law, or a court case or even a new amendment.
Laws are very hard to remove, to the point that many that should have been repealed and removed, often remain, sitting and gathering dust, and lawmakers never repeal such. And the other thing is that often some laws are brought up in response to the bad law, and are only legal as long as the bad laws are invalid.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You answered that in your last post on the previous page. Police patrol the crime ridden neighborhoods more. That was a policy that, ironically, was put in place by Clinton in the mid 90's. He wanted more border patrol and (if I'm not mistaken) at least 150,000 more law enforcement officers in the neighborhoods that were higher in crime.

Answer me this, though... How many red counties (or Parishes in Louisiana's case) are high in crime? Shreveport is heavily blue, they have the second highest crime rate in Louisiana. The neighboring city, Bossier City, is heavily red and just had their first murder last week when an Airman stationed at Barksdale Air Force Base was gunned down in his own front yard by two intruders that broke into his home. He woke up, chased them out, and they turned around and shot him. I don't think I need to tell you the color of the 17 year old female and 15 year old male who shot him.

Take any state you choose, look at the politics and who controls the city, check the demographics, and you'll have your answer. Blue cities have the highest crime rates and 9 times out of 10 the highest concentration of black people.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

"Crime" speaks to Jim Crow, in my mind.

MJ laws are a great start....it used to be a minority intoxicant. And that minority intoxicant was made illegal, so people who partook were instant criminals.

How many laws do we have that seem to target specific people?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Absolutely. I'm only giving him a shout-out for the courage it took to tell every one of his peers to get bent because he isn't going to be anti-Trump like them, and he explained why.

That's the sad truth, and it's a crying shame. But someone has to. Even if Kanye's greatest success is only to get other folks thinking and considering new perspectives and new ideas, then he's a godsend.

As for blacks being disproportionately affected in incarcerations, that's because they commit more crimes. That's a no brainer.

It's really not that simple -- historically or practically. But I won't derail! In this context tho, and where Kanye can shine, is opening minds and dialogues and ideas. Black people have more power and potential than they know, and finding new answers to old problems is their best AND only hope.

And this is true for all of us stuck in some rut. It's just a people thing not a skin color thing. And we're all ready for new and better ideas for our old problems.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'd say almost all of them. More so because certain 'types' of people seem to fit the bill for the need of a law to be made. By types, I mean:

- DWIs
- insurance fraud
- Thieves
- Black folk

.....wait wahhh?

Yep. The local saggy pants laws that popped up all over the place some years back that made it illegal (I'm sure the supreme court would say otherwise). Same with pit bulls. Guess what demographic had those? Yep. Same with lowriders, Donks (retarded I know.. who would be dumb enough to actually do this stuff to their cars - rhetorical).

I'm sure it can go on and on. So black folk could be a type of illegality if you look at it that way. Still, I can't say that some of these laws aren't unwarranted but some are.

It's kind of like the Darwin awards. We sometimes make laws for people who do really dumb $#!%. After 10pm noise ordinances. You know... The Aholes who love to drive in front of your house day and night that think you enjoy their music so much, they have to play it so loud that you can hear it in hell... Or laws that stop morons from jumping off of perfectly good skyscrapers. Some things are more dominant in some demographics. Personally I'd think that just as many white people smoke pot as any other race. Today anyways. I don't know about the past. But, I can see laws made for white people too... I don't know many black guys willing to jump off a building.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Far too many of them. And what is even worse, is that they remain there on the law books.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

However, the way he presented the removal of the 13th amendment, is far more dangerous, and damming.

No. What's dangerous is folks calling him mentally unstable and worse, and actively discouraging discussion and debate of the issues he's bringing up -- no matter how well or poorly he did so.

It shows ignorance and a lack of understanding, no matter how provocative the comments are.

There's plenty of ignorance and misunderstanding on all sides. In large part because discussion and debate and therefore true understanding is so discouraged and demeaned.

Some may think that this is a good idea, and that is where trouble always starts and begins. 

But the provocation wouldn't be possible without the ignorance and misunderstanding, which is only compounded when discussion -- and therefore information and ideas and knowledge -- is discouraged and denied.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Okay... stop for a minute and consider this.

It doesn't matter what you think of Trump. What matters in this thread is that Kanye west is the topic.

Why are people tearing him down? Because he is wack. He is unhinged and mentally unstable.

You want a celebrity that isn't wack that also supports trump, try Tim Allen or the Dirty jobs guy or even Hercules, but for gods sake let's not talk about Kanye any more. But sure, let's praise the guy stealing Taylor Swifts trophies and calling for more Slavery. LOL Wow guys!
edit on 2-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Is this the same 'independent' thinker that stated he wanted to abolish the 13th ammendment?

That's the only thing that Kanye West has ever or done that I agree with.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Just the other week I read an article about a sheriff's department that gave out all (literally 100%) of their traffic violations to black people. The county in question was something like 90% white.

The people that claim there is no systemic racism in this country are just as blind as the ones that blame all their problems on systemic racism.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

"Crime" speaks to Jim Crow, in my mind.

MJ laws are a great start....it used to be a minority intoxicant. And that minority intoxicant was made illegal, so people who partook were instant criminals.

How many laws do we have that seem to target specific people?

The criminal justice system isn't fair and most certainly isn't totally blind. We can all agree on that. I think the bigger issue isn't so much race as it is class. Money buys better defenders and representation. While there may certainly be instances at an individual level (lone racist cop), I simply don't buy into any systematic racism/oppression TODAY.

We can all point to a handful of instances where a cop crosses a line. However, these one off cases in millions of interactions/arrests a year are not representative of the entire system.

The bottom line is the black community has embraced a criminal element / thug culture and that is the reason for the inequitable statistics.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

That's a heckuva name. Must be like dinner plates

I'll raise you an
Andy Forker

I'll get my coat

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I never called him anything, save that the man lacks manners, and his actions are the reason why some shows and productions are no longer including him.

And it is true that an ignorance and understanding on how the law works, in this particular case is a very disturbing and dangerous thing.

And it is also true, that there are those who would find it very appealing to remove the 13th amendment, that they would push and seek to see it repealed.

As I stated before, I don't care who the man supports politically. I just care that the man votes. I think that is far more important, that the man votes.

I do find his sentiment, on getting rid of the 13th amendment to be disturbing, as it is the cornerstone of so many laws in the country, that would invalidate many laws that allowed for slavery, and Jim crow. Remove the 13 amendment and then those laws come back in force.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Anyhow ...

This guy here...

Is the same guy
who, for, whatever reason ..
has a serious boner-thing for Trump ?

Seriously !
Guuuuys, what is it, that's, so right with that !?!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join