It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West delivers pro-Trump speech on 'Saturday Night Live,' receives boos from audience

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Donald Glover. Not Danny Glover.

For a long time no one ever thought his music career would take off because his style bucked pretty much every popular rap trend. Instead of doing what everyone else was doing he did his own thing and it led to success.

The same thing goes for his acting/directing career. Atlanta doesn't really compare to anything else on TV and yet it's been a big hit.

Which brings us to another point that those on the Right continue to ignore about Glover simply because he's on the Left. He's pretty much the only black celebrity that is willing to point out that the black community is at least partially responsible for their plight. It's a common theme in Atlanta. It was also a key message in "This is America." The Right just didn't want to see that part because they would rather bash Glover for saying America isn't great for black people.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

For a long time no one ever thought his music career would take off because his style bucked pretty much every popular rap trend. Instead of doing what everyone else was doing he did his own thing and it led to success.

The same thing goes for his acting/directing career. Atlanta doesn't really compare to anything else on TV and yet it's been a big hit.

Which brings us to another point that those on the Right continue to ignore about Glover simply because he's on the Left. He's pretty much the only black celebrity that is willing to point out that the black community is at least partially responsible for their plight. It's a common theme in Atlanta. It was also a key message in "This is America." The Right just didn't want to see that part because they would rather bash Glover for saying America isn't great for black people.

Ah, wrong Glover. My bad.

Like some of his music. However, it always kills me when someone who has "made it" comes out with the America isn't great for black people. Multi-millionaire entertainer, but yet America isn't great...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: LSU2018

Vox has a kinda sorta decent article which explains that Kanye's problem with the 13th Amendment is that it didn't end all slavery, as it still allows for involuntary servitude for those convicted and imprisoned, thus creating a profit incentive for ever more "crimes" to prosecute and incarcerate, with Blacks disproportionately affected.

The controversy over Kanye West’s 13th Amendment tweets, explained

I have much respect and appreciation for Kanye's efforts. He's an independent thinker because he's willing to learn and step outside his comfort zone. To really be effective, he needs to learn to express his thoughts better. But that will come with practice and experience.

I think I'd really enjoy a discussion with him here on ATS... it sure wouldn't be boring!

Absolutely. I'm only giving him a shout-out for the courage it took to tell every one of his peers to get bent because he isn't going to be anti-Trump like them, and he explained why. As for blacks being disproportionately affected in incarcerations, that's because they commit more crimes. That's a no brainer. But that goes deeper than skin color, it boils down to being poor, which is nobody's fault but their own. I see poor white trash get popped all the time and get the same sentence as blacks. Most of the rednecks I went to school with in my small country town ended up in jail.

link   

It's funny how Kanye gets praised as a free thinker by the Right simply for supporting Trump. Meanwhile they bash Donald Glover despite the fact that he has gone against the grain his whole career, simply because he doesn't like Trump.

The Right doesn't actually care that Kanye is a "free thinker." The only thing they care about is that he's a famous black man that likes Trump.

Guess I missed the whole "bash Donald Glover" thing.
I thought he was pretty good in the film SOLO.

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The "part of their own plight" ties directly to who the communities vote for.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh they'll throw their own under the bus in a heartbeat if they pull themselves off the plantation.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Just because they're rich doesn't mean they're oblivious to what goes on in society.

If that was the case why does anyone on the Right trust Trump to "Make America Great Again?" It's already great for him. He's a billionaire despite having multiple bankruptcies.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
What I like about Kanye: he's provocative.

In fact, I say that he provokes the conversations that should actually happen.

Is he crazy? As a football bat. But he is speaking out against groupthink and social pressuring that results in group think. He's not wrong in that respect.

He replaced Ariola Grande, she declined the part due to "emotional reasons."

That's a heckuva name. Must be like dinner plates

I spit Sprite as I snorted, thanks. Dinner plates, BWAHAHAHA!!!!

link   

Yeah I saw that at least a tiny bit of that.

The cold open with Matt Damon was much more entertaining.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

There was definitely a large backlash against him when "This is America" came out.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

He's just trying to get people worked up. Only way to be a rebel in hollywood is to be a Republican. Its healthy even if it is just for show.

Absolutely right.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

you give examples of independant thought as if they somehow prove he participates in groupthink?

LOL

Oh wait, so being anti constitution now is a good thing? Wait, I thought all the evil leftist wanted to destroy the constitution?

Strawman. Quote me saying that.

I also thought that it was in the leftist/democrat playbook to call white rebublicans racist? You know, like "Bush don't like black people".

Are you calling Kanye a "leftist"? Because I am saying he is thinking freely about things and not participating in left/right "please rent space in my brain" thinking.

Oh, independent thought it is now...lol right.

Laugh all you want.

Laughing is all that's left when they have nothing else.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Kanye West understands that he's going to be attacked. Latching on to a visionary like President Trump will bring out the unstable people. Unlike Flake, West is a tough hombre.

Exactly, and that's why I admire his courage. Not some dingbat like Ford who was paid off by the DNC to lie about the next SC Justice grabbing her boob and cupping her mouth.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Following right wing group think isn’t being an independent thinker. Regardless of what Kanye West tells you.

(I just have to say, it’s funny watching anti-Hollywood people fall all over themselves the second someone from Hollywood says they like Trump. A Kardashian nonetheless. So much for independent thinking..)

And just like that, you completely miss the point.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

really
i guess i missed that
my youngest showed me the video and i thought it was a pretty good anti gun violence protest

was he protested or something?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

“I wanna cry right now, black man in America, supposed to keep what you’re feelin’ inside right now…” West says with a melody playing in the background. “The blacks want always Democrats…you know it’s like the plan they did, to take the fathers out the home and put them on welfare… does anybody know about that? That’s a Democratic plan.”

cause we all know keeping families together is a bad thing.......

Liberals hate the nuclear family.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

Here I am reading thru threads to notice your post. I've found to be like me in opinion. That was until now when stating your support for gay rights. I see that as a sickness and people now days glorify it. What used to be wrong is now right. What used to be right is now wrong.

Oooh no, sport. It ain't that easy. You don't get to edit and move on from your high and mighty "wrong is now right" opinion.

See, I don't care who you chose to sleep with, fall in love with, what color they are, where they're from, how they talk, how much money you make or if you drive fancy car or whether they are the same sex.
I do, on the other hand, care of you're a bigoted asshole who judges people on such things.

BTW....My daughter is Gay and [ like I've said to others before you ] on her behalf...F**k You.
edit on 2-10-2018 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

America gives every person, regardless of race, the same opportunities for success. Just look at sports, they're dominated by blacks who are all very wealthy. America is great for black people, just as it's great for white people.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It was bent and spun by people who are "woke" into America being bad.

That said...America has some rather glaring inequalities. Many legally codified.

For example, it is easy to understand how minorities get arrested more frequently when you understand that their neighborhoods are patrolled more vigorously. I used to marvel, back inthe early 90's, how only wire spoked low riders seem to be pulled over in my predominately hispanic home town.

But i ain't stupid either....and bought myself a white pickup truck (which never gets pulled over).

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Just because they're rich doesn't mean they're oblivious to what goes on in society.

If that was the case why does anyone on the Right trust Trump to "Make America Great Again?" It's already great for him. He's a billionaire despite having multiple bankruptcies.

Trump's not in it for himself, he's in it for the people. That's why we elected him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join