It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 guns stolen from Tennessee UPS facility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thinking about next organized protest and antifa.

Why? When have they used firearms?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Without even reading the article my first thought was that it was an inside job. A shipment that big hmmm lets see..

First. you dont just go into that UPS looking for 400 guns blindly and just get lucky. So it was an inside job.

Second. UPS packages move fast so they wouldnt have much time to plan and implement their operation. Therefore this points to a regular shipment with the inside person knowing the times of the shipments and locations of the weapons.

Third. The size of the shipment and the seeming regularity of the shipment points to a big big buyer. It seems to me that only the Military would make such large regular shipments.

Hmmm

Gun shops make regular shipments.

400 guns isn't actually a lot of guns.

I wouldn't say a gun shop regularly makes shipments of 400+ guns. Maybe distributors though, to the gun shops.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The guns have already been shipped to Venezuela. Keep an eye on a sudden wave of anti-regime Sentiment and possible militant attacks.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Without even reading the article my first thought was that it was an inside job. A shipment that big hmmm lets see..

First. you dont just go into that UPS looking for 400 guns blindly and just get lucky. So it was an inside job.

Second. UPS packages move fast so they wouldnt have much time to plan and implement their operation. Therefore this points to a regular shipment with the inside person knowing the times of the shipments and locations of the weapons.

Third. The size of the shipment and the seeming regularity of the shipment points to a big big buyer. It seems to me that only the Military would make such large regular shipments.

Hmmm

Gun shops make regular shipments.

400 guns isn't actually a lot of guns.

I wouldn't say a gun shop regularly makes shipments of 400+ guns. Maybe distributors though, to the gun shops.

That's closer to what I meant.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
These people had to somehow know the guns were there. I'd say that someone inside UPS or maybe the company shipping them may have something to do with it.

Although, the customer might actually be involved somehow, telling someone they were at a UPS place from using tracking. Whether the buyer was in on it if that is the case may not be able to be proven, he might have told a friend they were there, then the friend mentioned it to someone else and someone found out. That could have also been relevant to the business employees that sold the gun.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Not sure what the fuss is about, after all in EVERY thread where a gun has been used for a mass murder/crime I am told often and repeatedly that guns are not an issue in the USA

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Not sure what the fuss is about, after all in EVERY thread where a gun has been used for a mass murder/crime I am told often and repeatedly that guns are not an issue in the USA

Because they are not the issue, the issue is the person behind the tool.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
chicago.cbslocal.com...

Two Chicago men have been arrested on federal gun charges, after more than 350 firearms were stolen from a UPS distribution center in Memphis, before they were to be shipped to Dallas. Taveyan Turnbo and Roland Jackson were arrested in south suburban Midlothian on Sunday, after they were spotted in a U-Haul filled with stolen guns.

more guns. just what Chicago needs.

glad they got caught before distribution.
edit on 2-10-2018 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I hope Taveyan Turnbo and Roland Jackson are already convicted felons.

If they are they are looking at very long prison time.

Punishments for a possession of firearm by a felon may range from two years to ten year PER GUN.

350 guns X 2 = 700 years. 350 X 10= 3500 years.

edit on 2-10-2018 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Looks like they caugt them. Nice job

edit on 10/2/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

UMMMMM. Why the hell were there 400 guns at a UPS facility?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

It could be the first tool-out for a new gun shop. How else would you be able to get your initial inventory? Unless you travelled all around the US, and that is real dangerous when carrying guns. (mostly from legal perspectives.)

Glad it is all over. Did they say what the gun models were?
edit on 2-10-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Someone had to know they were there, sounds like it is part of a plan for an upcoming event.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

They were being shipped from the company's factory in North Carolina through UPS to Dallas, Texas.

Why does that seem odd? There are procedures in place for this kind of shipment, and 400 guns doesn't seem like a lot if they are distributed to several stores.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Or? This could be an alphabet agency job. The ATF is not exactly fond of firearm ownership.

One of the lefts constant rants is how, "you purchase a firearm via mail". With atf officers and local police always in the background nodding in agreement.

Really hard to believe when UPS is handling such mail. There's not a security force of some kind.

Or? It could be an "inside" job.

But the left having lost momentum in the "gun debate ". I wouldn't put it passed one of their "constitutional agencies" to help give a reason to "protect and serve", "public safety". By creating a means to an end.
Just my opinion.

I wonder if these "weapons" are ever found, if they'd make it to their owners?

If police can lie for "public safety"?
Why can they not steal?

Sucks for people that purchase firearms they can't walk out the store with... I'd stop doing that. But it could be a store owners shipment. I'm sure UPS will pay for the loss. And deal with the "gun stores" angry customers.

Just to let you know. We're going to hear about a lot more of these "thefts", in the near future.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Only non-Americans have issues with guns.
Real Americans know without guns? We wouldn't be American.
More people are killed by blunt force trauma in the U.S. than bullets.
The person behind the tool is the "issue". Not the tool.
edit on 2-10-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

edit on 3-10-2018 by ridgerunner because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join