It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People going missing..adults not children..just disappearing and wh

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
good advice..I would add...always bring a whistle
+

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: Ohthewey778

Various cases, even as extreme as to some not wanting to be found.

Sometimes in wooded areas people get Dayhiker Syndrome--one term for being confused in areas where things start to look all the same. Even experienced hikers visiting their favorite trails have had this. That's one reason why experienced hikers seemingly vanish in parks when they are very experienced.

I live in a densely wooded area and was even lost once! Luckily for a short amount of time. I recalled advice on this due to knowing about it prior, sit down and take a break, it will lower anxiety. If you have supplies, after failing to can find the right path to be on, set them up until help arrives. Often times it is said it's also due to not having gps handy. Always be prepared, because when you're not you're often sol.

Speaking of wooded nice avatar.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I had not heard about the missing native American women. No surprise I suppose. However when I was typing it into the search engine it was one of the choices offered partway through typing. You should do a thread on this. Bring awareness.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

I havn't heard of the Native American women vanishing cases. I'll look into it.

Disappearances of women, at least on Hwy 16 in British Columbia, Canada, is called Highway of Tears.

I've done a thread on it in the past.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are others:

I believe one should be brought up from time to time for awareness, as some incidences still happen despite(see my thread above) having been solved-see last page reference.

edit on 3-10-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Here are some articles I've found pertaining to my last comment as I don't see any threads on it.

No one knows precisely how many Native American women and girls are missing or murdered because some cases go unreported, others aren't documented thoroughly and there isn't a specific government database tracking these cases.

The issue is gaining political traction as an expanding activist movement focuses on Native women — a population known to experience some of the nation's highest rates of murder, sexual violence and domestic abuse.

Source

---------

The more Olsen learned of these statistics, the more she — not unlike her character — sought to find answers. "A white man can come onto a reservation, commit a crime — rape a woman — but he can only be caught within the reservation from reservation police," she says, her voice rising. "If he’s caught outside the reservation, unless it’s a felony, there’s nothing you can do about it."
Source2

The issue of conviction deals with a state crime on federal land.

Anyone else know more about this, can collaborate with thread, or other.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohthewey778
I got to thinking about disappearances where one might be some adult..off the beaten track..they disappear..and why?

There's no sign of murder. Maybe so, but more interesting to me is that this happens at all.

What is it? Is it that their parents dont put up enough of a stink? So how does one wind up so far on the edge of society when the only thing I can think of is parents who the moment something goes "wrong" whether they could stand the kid or not.. would go either to the media or the cops..

How does this? ..

Um yes

is all I can reply with.

How does this?

Parents calling cops and media?

NO sign of murder?

I've seen that show "disappeared" and it's just like.. "they..disappeared."

yes and this means nothing to many readers like your OP.

no links to this TV show or what episode you may have in mind, no specific cases you mention.

are you asking about complete disappearances or missing for a few days/weeks/months and turn up somewhere?

Like can someone really like..get lost?..

Um yes,

on a mysterious Island with a smoke monster. edit: after their plane crashes there.

as another asks have you been reading too many 411 cases?

edit on 3-10-2018 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
pinocchio is spiriting them away.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Hey there bud.

Not linking to a show that 99 percent of people have already heard of, engaging in random fighting and negativity especially in a section called "chat" and not interested competition from complete nobodies. Does that satisfy your curiosity?..

Good. Be well.

My brothaa. Be cooooo...

edit on 3-10-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
edit on 3-10-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: oops..

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
";""
edit on 4-10-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: ..

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Not linking to a show that 99 percent of people have already heard of, engaging in random fighting and negativity especially in a section called "chat" and not interested competition from complete nobodies. Does that satisfy your curiosity?..

What random fighting an negativity are you on about?

I asked question to have a chat, made a bit of joke as well to answer one of yours, fighting and negativity?

So you have no specific cases in mind and cannot explain what your thread is actually about, whether is missing people or complete disappearances and what you mean when you mentioned parents and the media and police?

You know what, your reply does satisfies my curiosities and solidifies my preconceived notions before initially replying.

Good. Be well. My brothaa. Be cooooo...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I mentioned that parents go to the media (sometimes) and most often do go to police. I mentioned it once.

You pretended like it was impossible to look up a show that everyone's heard of which u keep making me mention because you are just some person breezing by trying to stick a toothbrush up my butt for lack of links (on a site where people sometimes but not always act like asses just to assert their place on a said site) but generally that is not important because I don't care that it goes on. But alas our date with Destiny was not meant to set out to sea.

You're being a Blumberg and I'm not caring because the point of the thread was that it was an open thread. You don't like the thread. And you will keep mentioning details that aren't important. I mentioned media and the police. You mentioned it 56 times and went apoplectic. "You mentioned x and y??" Yes dude. I did!! Because it's not the point of the thread but one of the things that happens. Dude. Could you go? A person like you being in general a high prized show off and wanting to tussle at it in whatever manner that you're doing and then go "we sure showed those not detail oriented persons that we're detail oriented folks good run my fellow basement nerd" before donning our velvet robes and curling up before the fire together was not the kind of conversation I wanted to have. That's why mentions of "huh spontaneous combustion" are ok while I'm just finding you annoying. It's a spitballng thread where people can mention the implausible. And you're going to deal with the loose structure (for the moment) or go.

And by the way, I am a "detail oriented person" it's just it's not what I'm looking to do. Sighhhhhh thanks but no thanks?..

(Xxoo
)

*god you're a high prized specimen (eyeroll)*

edit on 4-10-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If you want, once I've spitballed enough, we can start picking apart cases. Hmm hawww. Maybe so....maybe hmmm. But you'll have to wait around ten years and it could be that it just degrades into a bunch of psychotropic sounding semi paranormalesque lingo and stuff like "heyyyy maaaannn, trippyyyy" because this is me and I tend to work in a manner you might not find sets your need for case details and such on fire. It's not a case. It's a spitballng thread full of wtf and banter and things most likely total hogwash. And I love it

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
*Random creepy photos welcome here*. ..

And for anyone else who wants to spitball about scenarios of the wierd, no matter how trivial or colloquial, post your "hey this wierd thing happened." It could be total nonsense. ..
I won't chap your hide. I'll just gently guide the thread where somewhere I guess it's intended to be....wherever....wherever...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
*thread still open up for business I guess I suppose*...

*paranormalesque things welcome here...wierd-sounding...we're all ok.* .

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In fact we could fill the next six pages up with fairies if that's what it takes...it's all good.

...loove..

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You're being a Blumberg and I'm not caring because the point of the thread was that it was an open thread.

not sure what the hell your are on about, blumberg?

the same as your OP, hence why I asked some questions.

(on a site where people sometimes but not always act like asses just to assert their place on a said site)

you mean like acting like child when simple questions are asked?

You don't like the thread.

Look, if you enter threads that don't interest you don't assume others are trolls simply because they haven't heard of a TV show and ask question about what you are posting.

And you will keep mentioning details that aren't important.

details?

so you do have specific case in mind or not?

I mentioned media and the police. You mentioned it 56 times and went apoplectic. "You mentioned x and y??" Yes dude. I did!! Because it's not the point of the thread but one of the things that happens.

I was asking for clarification when you mentioned the police and parents in your OP, to me the way you wroite it was confusing.

you end your OP with "how does this?"

I asked about that as well because that makes no sense to me either.

Reading the rest of reply and your next one makes gives me a good indication of what to do, Its a discussion site and when one doesn't understand what another is saying questions are posed.

Sorry, I asked

You are just rambling about God knows what now, good day to you.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
here today disappeared tomorrow.
What where do we go from this place.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You could always..

edit on 8-10-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Are you ok?

Yes

And would you just leave?

No

I dont even know if you are a man or a woman.

that's nice.

But I've read your posts and you have this habit of jumping into threads and correcting people and acting like a know it all of sorts with total randoms.

Its not an act. although in my age I am starting to loose my know it all sense of being which is why I ask some questions like I have.

They were on topic about words you posted.

anyway, can you answer any questions that were directed at things you said in your OP or do you want discuss whether I am male or female?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join