It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People going missing..adults not children..just disappearing and wh

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I got to thinking about disappearances where one might be some adult..off the beaten track..they disappear..and why?

There's no sign of murder. Maybe so, but more interesting to me is that this happens at all.

What is it? Is it that their parents dont put up enough of a stink? So how does one wind up so far on the edge of society when the only thing I can think of is parents who the moment something goes "wrong" whether they could stand the kid or not.. would go either to the media or the cops..

How does this? ..

edit on 2-10-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Have you been reading too much Missing 411 ?
Many strange dissapearances in that guys books don't add up at all???

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've seen that show "disappeared" and it's just like.. "they..disappeared." .

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
adreno-chrome, bl00d libel, occult stuff.
edit on 2-10-2018 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I always assumed it was:..a guy goes walking down the street, he is sick of you name it or whatever..looks up at the sky and says: "I want to disappear" and the universe..which ordinarily doesn't even hear the guy, chooses then to go, "ok."

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Like can someone really like..get lost?..

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Spontaneous combustion

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Haha, thanks..

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
edit on 2-10-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: ..

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Actually seen that in one of those shows it was a gd mess

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohthewey778

Various cases, even as extreme as to some not wanting to be found.

Sometimes in wooded areas people get Dayhiker Syndrome--one term for being confused in areas where things start to look all the same. Even experienced hikers visiting their favorite trails have had this. That's one reason why experienced hikers seemingly vanish in parks when they are very experienced.

I live in a densely wooded area and was even lost once! Luckily for a short amount of time. I recalled advice on this due to knowing about it prior, sit down and take a break, it will lower anxiety. If you have supplies, after failing to can find the right path to be on, set them up until help arrives. Often times it is said it's also due to not having gps handy. Always be prepared, because when you're not you're often sol.

Speaking of wooded nice avatar.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Good god.. something I'd have to watch out for as I had a recent sun related incident and while my sense of direction is still alright I find myself, I don't know, "petering out"....

The thought of being on one of those trails, you know, with the rocks..and juniper scruff... .

Out in the middle a nowhere..

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Oh, thanks about the avatar..I thought it was funny: "hey look a puking tree"/ jk. ..

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

lol I like the creep factor anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Yeah that too.
. ..

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Watch the movie Wrong Turn.

I got lost chasing a pheasant once. Luckily I found an old logging road and walk it out. I just got turned around and lost the sense of direction.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Lots of reasons and ways though I think some ways are getting harder. My father did it years ago but I suppose you have to define disappear.

I say that cause for all legal purposes he under his actual name disappeared.

Why? Dumb reason. He was an alcoholic with hep c not being treated and he had another dui and was going to lose his license for life. He was slowly dying. Decided # it I guess.

So he lives I Florida. Born I Detroit. His sister worked and at a hospital in Detroit. She got him a birth cert from a baby that died apparently same day born same year as him.
Sent it to him.
Sent a notarized letter I hospital letterhead say in something like he had some sort of non compos mentis condition and was I someone's charge for all those years.
This would show why he was his age and never issued a social.
Took those to the local ss office and got a ss card.
Took that to the dmv and got a license.

Moved to a different state. Got a job work in animal control. I have news paper clippings of him and pics of him at court appearances. In front of cops and judges and #.
All under this assumed name.

Had credit cards and all that.

Wound up getting sicker. Got a dui. Killed himself and the obit for him was the assumed name.

I'm still baffled that his scheme worked but it did and it was very easy.

So 1 guy disappeared and another guy popped up.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Can you bring any specific cases to the thread? We could then analyse each case by case, rather than try and apply a generalisation based upon guesses.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That thing in your avatar ate them. Yikes.

Seriously though. There's an epidemic of American Indian women (Native American, if you like) going missing. It's no big deal to police or government. They're just Indians. Once the Indians are dead they can have the land. Some communities are fighting back though by doing patrols.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I was "disappeared" by my GP for six days just over a week ago. Saw me hanging off a lamp-post and said "That's it - I'm calling him in." Turns out I had pneumonia with bilateral creps, crackles and all sorts of other weird stuff. Systolic pressure was 190. Walked down to the clinic, got an appointment at 5pm, and he called in paramedics to have me sent to hospital.

But my mobile phone went flat, I didn't have a charger, no-one in the ward had a charger. There was a "Hospedia" telephone and TV setup for every bed, but that didn't allow national or international calls, just 2 mins to a mobile phone and 01/02/03 numbers. No telephone in the hospital could make an international call unless authorized by a supervising manager. Completely incommunicado for six days until the docs said I could go home.

If I just had a solar powered charger for my phone...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join