It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Texts Show Kavanaugh May Have Perjured Himself, Tampered With Witnesses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: theantediluvian

We will see

The article does not say they saw the texts, only that the woman claimed that she had been in contact with Brett

Blumenthal and Grassleys office have at least seen the info discussed in the article

Blumenthal doesn’t seem to confident this is a smoking gun and grassleys office said nothing in this in contradictory to Kavanaughs testimony

It sounds to me like another effort to delay the vote by presenting more witnesses, but I guess we will see

Dont you get it??

All of this is to overhwelm the system so that they have to continue to keep investigating..........

It doesnt have to be true , it just has to keep it running........thats all......

What they dont get is that , say they succeed or even get Kav to step down.........Theyre going to get Mike Lee or someone much more conservative that is going to make your head spin........

So by all means liberals and democrats , keep it up......

1. Youre going to be held to account legallly because youve decided to try and bulldog the truth.......
2. The politicians are now being called out and investigated......

3. Youre going to get nominated a far more conservative SCJ.............

Again your foresight is full of shortsightedness and folly............much to our benefit

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's a last minute stall tactic, don't be silly.

Well now we have THIS for the FBI to investigate.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
OK let me get this straight.

Ramirez was contacting friends in a attempt to rally people behind her position and it was OK .

But when Kavanaugh did the same to defend himself. It’s suddenly became a crime ?

I guess by the liberal standards or should I say double standards that makes perfect sense.

BTW

I don’t think it could be charged as witness tampering because a background investigation isn’t a criminal or civil case .

Edit;

You’re also going to have to explain to me how Kavanaugh lied to Congress when use the word “probably “.

If that’s the standard Hillary should’ve been charged with perjury 39 times for saying “I don’t recall “ during her FBI interview .

edit on 2-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Those texts suggest no such thing, nor do they contradict Kavanaugh’s interview. A fine display of grasping at straws.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The texts between Berchem and Karen Yarasavage, both friends of Kavanaugh, suggest that the nominee was personally talking with former classmates about Ramirez’s story in advance of the New Yorker article that made her allegation public. In one message, Yarasavage said Kavanaugh asked her to go on the record in his defense. Two other messages show communication between Kavanaugh's team and former classmates in advance of the story.

So Berchem (one of the accusers) says she has texts where she is talking about Kavanaugh asking his old highschool friends to go on record about his history?

So, she has the texts or she has texts where she's talking about the texts... the article isn't clear (maybe thats the point)

Also, isn't it polite to contact people for references? if i was having someone asking about my character, id ask x number of people to also go on the record in my defense... that doesn't mean you're guilty - it means you are preparing!

It tries to pin the lie that ''Kavanaugh was talking to people about the incident where he exposed himself'' before the article came out.

But, no where in the article does it say Kavanaugh was discussing that incident, it simply says he was looking for support and for people to go on the record.

All these random accusations.... why didnt any of them come up in the decades of FBI checks in the past?
Were none of his friends, highschool groups, uni mates contacted? Or did they all stay quiet for what ever reason?

to conclude - another totally vague article with fk all substance painting more claims about Kavanaugh

'' Resist and obstruct any way possible '' - the first time the democrats have done what they said they'd do!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Another thing

Berchem says Kavanaugh “and/or” his friends tried to have a narrative discrediting Ramirez in July

What does she mean and or? How does she not know? Either Kavanaugh was involved or he wasn’t.

We know that democrats had people contacting all of Kavanaughs friends and aquaintences trying to dig up any dirt

Maybe some of his friends that were contacted took it upon themselves to call others to defend Kavanaugh

That would seem reasonable to me

Was Kavanaugh contacting that woman and asking specifically about Ramirez, or was it his friends

Perhaps the friends asked about her, but Brett just called this woman as a former friend and asked if she would say he was a good guy

I don’t know

But it’s suspicious this woman says something like and or he was involved, and that she doesn’t show any direct texts or calls from Kavanaugh

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The first thing I'll say is this all needs to be substantiated but it at least looks fairly cut and dry from what's available. Berchem is the source of the texts and she was the recipient. What remains basically is for Karen Yarasavage to confirm that what she said in the texts was true.

If he perjured himself and lied to Congress, I would hope that it wouldn't come down to those three as it should be immediately disqualifying to any reasonable person. I know that Congress doesn't have a record of doing much about it but it's a crime and this man is being confirmed for a lifetime appointment to highest court in the land.

I would say it raises serious questions about him even continuing to serve as a Circuit Judge. Tell me if you think I'm wrong but don't you think it's a serious problem to have judge perjuring himself?

According to Berchem, the FBI hasn't responded to her yet but from the article, it doesn't look like Grassley is swayed:

George Hartmann, a spokesman for Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said that “the texts from Ms. Berchem do not appear relevant or contradictory to Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony."

"This appears to be another last-ditch effort to derail the nomination with baseless innuendo by Democrats who have already decided to vote no," Hartmann said.

If I'm a Republican, I'm concerned that if Democrats take back control of Congress, they'll impeach Kavanaugh (something that hasn't happened since 1805) and possibly remove him. I'd also be concerned that if he's confirmed, it could be turned into a energizing issue for the Democrats in the midterms.

If I were Trump, I'd cut Kavanaugh now and try to claim the moral high ground. Then I'd hurry up to the next nomination with a goal of getting him/her confirmed before the end of the year.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPNoble
NBC= FAKE NEWS as with the rest of the left leaning MSM

Since the other Anti-America MSM haven't followed NBC with this "bombshell" story, you're probably right.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: carewemust

If I were Trump, I'd cut Kavanaugh now and try to claim the moral high ground. Then I'd hurry up to the next nomination with a goal of getting him/her confirmed before the end of the year.

And now we get to the point!

Hahahaha!

Yep cut him now based only on allegations with no evidence!

How kind of you to try to be helpful to trump!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

So Ramirez was calling around about him and a friend told him so...
The issue is?

As for the photo, and? There are people I've worked with for 10 years whose names I couldn't tell you if my life depended on it. I recognize them as coworkers when I see them, but if I was asked "Do you know person XYZ?" I could honestly say "The name is familiar, but I have no recollection of when I last saw them because I'm not connecting a face to the name" and not be in any way lying.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPNoble
NBC= FAKE NEWS as with the rest of the left leaning MSM

NBC

No Broadcasting Credibility

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

They do not claim to have actual texts from Kavanagh according to my reading of this

I didn't get that. Could you cite the part of the article that made you come to that conclusion. Not that it's critical to the issue, just curious.

At any rate, Sen Blumenthal said that with "his" help the FBI has all of it, now. So, "tick tock" until they let up peons know something, or something.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I weigh the "crime" against the overall record of good. I'm sure every Supreme Court justice (like every person living) has lied.

For instance, Trump has lied. But those are nothing compared to the benefits he brings. And to repeat, every human has lied, and will lie again.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The first thing I'll say is this all needs to be substantiated but it at least looks fairly cut and dry from what's available. Berchem is the source of the texts and she was the recipient. What remains basically is for Karen Yarasavage to confirm that what she said in the texts was true.

It will be 'cut and dry' once the texts are released, until then you are speculating.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Well, I am a Republican and I'm neither or ride about the Dems taking Congress nor Kavanaugh being impeached. Thanks for trying to look out for us, but we are doing fine on our own.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Ramirez was contacting friends in a attempt to rally people behind her position and it was OK .

What proof do you have of that? Do you have the text messages? Who does?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

You know I love ya dude........weve had some seriously hard lined debates.........and during Trumps election we were more often than not aligned............

But I have to appeal to that again now........facts......isnt that what brought us into alignment?

I honestly feel like youre either trying to appeal to the other side at this point or .........well I dont even know........

Because when we use to debate you were all about proof.........

We both know the truth about this whole case is that, the proof isnt there.........its not bud......

I dont see Kav being impreached , and even if he was, you know youre getting someone like Mike Lee in there right? Hes already been through the process.......they could drop Kav and vote him in TOMORROW , hes already had all the investigations required.......

I wish you would meet me in the middle again, and stop the partisan bullsnip........because we both know this is a hit job with nothing corroborating it.............

PS you have a message

edit on 10/2/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I read the article didn’t you ?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

NBC claims to have them.

WASHINGTON — In the days leading up to a public allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh exposed himself to a college classmate, the judge and his team were communicating behind the scenes with friends to refute the claim, according to text messages obtained by NBC News.

Doesn't matter 😌

George Hartmann, a spokesman for Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said that “the texts from Ms. Berchem do not appear relevant or contradictory to Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony." (Et al)

'Nuff said, 😏

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join