It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have Connected The Brains of 3 People, Enabling Them to Share Thoughts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

Simply remain analogue and then you cannot give away your consciousness !

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Dude. I'm connected to this keyboard right now sharing my thoughts with billions!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
We are all already connected... we just dont know the protocol

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't see this going well. Imagine your love one reading your mind, well, except women, they can already read us guys brains, because, after all , we are simple creatures.

Women can't read minds and as far as being a simple creature...speak for yourself. This is why women keep getting away with crap, because people like you put them on a pedestal and make them sound like goddesses who can do no wrong. They are frail people like everyone else. They think they are lions that roar, but cry victim every time something doesn't go their way, and then blame all men for their mistakes. They have to be protected and given assistance by the Government for god's sake, or they would fail at most everything. Without the Government Affirmative Action and all the other bonuses for simply being a woman, they would be nothing. If they were so great....they wouldn't need Government help. Men don't get it...because we don't need it. (Now, I can already hear the shuffling hooves of feminist herds, to call me names like male chauvinist pig, and whatever other weak-minded buzz words they can think of, followed by something about Patriarchy...you know the same old tired rhetoric we've heard for years). But yeah...women aren't any more special than men. Walking meat bags like everyone else.
edit on 5-10-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Isn't human brain interface one of the things ttsa stated they wanted to do....

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I've seen a few posts mentioning being able to communicate with comma patients, to me this is just about as scary as it comes. Mostly because it sounds very much like how the matrix would have started or (like others have said) the Borg collective. But also because of the possibility that corporations could use it to force/entice people into working even while incapacitated for prolonged times.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It is a concern for sure, but if tweaked it may prove to be beneficial.

I've suffered from mental illness since I could walk, hell after all the shrinks and brain scans seen they still can't figure out why i'm a mad hatter and I always wished they could look inside my mind and could see my thought process, it could streamline the psychological process in diagnosis.

Also it has military applications. In covert operations radio chatter can be detected and could lead to mission failure, imagine being able to send or receive orders through thought alone? it sounds like science fiction but often science fiction becomes science fact, except for Star trek and Star wars, because teleporting humans and space wizards are totally plausible.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
once one group starts it and becomes powerful, then others must play catch up.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
little weird how many people read what's going on here, instantly jump to the thought of their partner reading their mind [which is... such a spurious leap let's not even get into that]....... and are terrified of this prospect?

we clearly have very different ideas of what love is.

Having no barrier whatsoever to another's mind is not comfortable at all...may lead to death fairly soon.

Having attempted and succeeded at this with other methods i can say the experience would likely kill most people.

Especially since you cannot simply disconnect at the flick of a switch.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join