It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have Connected The Brains of 3 People, Enabling Them to Share Thoughts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee, cats knew how to do this for eons. Humans have lost this trait, so now scientists are trying to reinstate the ability, the governments will jump at this, to make us into puppets that listen to some central person or computer.

Most people would not even consider investigating whom is funding this research and cannot wrap their minds of how it could be used to control us.

They have already learned how to make us into puppets with no critical thinking skills. Bernays and Goebbels explained how to do it. MKULTRA and other programs were generally successful.

This new technology will raise it to an art form, if it's not already.....

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
This is actually very cool and could be a Holy Grail some day for effectively communicating with the uncommunicative/unable to communicate such as mutes, catatonics, and people in vegetative states.

I can see this being a massive benefit to people wrangling pulling the plug on a vegetative loved one if they can get in their mind and actually speak to them. As it stands, this is nowhere near possible yet, but these baby steps are quite profound regardless.

There have already been experiments that can prove if someone is "locked in" a paralyzed body but still conscious or completely unconscious:

www.theguardian.com...
Ask the person to think of playing tennis on a tennis court (this gets all the brain regions related to motion fired up) or sitting at home watching TV (no brain region activity).

With this experiment they can send a single bit of data from one brain to another - using an EEG to read brainwaves and a electromagnetic stimulation on another to create a single point of light. They could extend this to display arrows and other types of visual information, perhaps even human figures. Probably a long time before they get someone to say you have a "schizoid embolism" as in Total Recall.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
They should make the doctors have to tie to your brain when you go in telling them you are experiencing some major pain and they blow you off and tell you to get some tylenol. Maybe if they feel the pain they will not say it is appendix when the pain is coming from the spleen area of the body and send you to get a cat scan of your appendix. Gee, I know someone that had that happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Already been done.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They should make the doctors have to tie to your brain when you go in telling them you are experiencing some major pain and they blow you off and tell you to get some tylenol. Maybe if they feel the pain they will not say it is appendix when the pain is coming from the spleen area of the body and send you to get a cat scan of your appendix. Gee, I know someone that had that happen.

They have tried imaging the brain to find what regions are responsible for the sensation of pain, but it really is a unique experience to every individual, partially due to the different genetic coding for pain receptors, the configuration of the different layers of neural networks within the brain as well as the context of when the pain is felt (eating, sleeping, working, sitting, relaxing). It's easy to distract someone so that they don't feel pain sensations with a video of a cool winter scene as opposed to being in a boring sterile environment.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

They have tried imaging the brain to find what regions are responsible for the sensation of pain, but it really is a unique experience to every individual, partially due to the different genetic coding for pain receptors, the configuration of the different layers of neural networks within the brain as well as the context of when the pain is felt (eating, sleeping, working, sitting, relaxing). It's easy to distract someone so that they don't feel pain sensations with a video of a cool winter scene as opposed to being in a boring sterile environment.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I used to work insulating homes, mostly walls, in the winter. My mustache and beard would be pure ice and my body would be sore after spending eight hours of the day outside, then I came home some days and got on my tractor and blew out the drive. Pictures of a winter scene would probably make me ache all over.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Oh! They're using binaural beats! He should be well preserved. If he survived the freezing process.

When you have 15 hz in one ear and 17 hz in the other, it sets up a wave that helps you stay alert and focused. If they are recording this, then using TMS to "transmit it" back to others, then that is pretty cool!

If they can do a video game...
...well, if they ever make it work for music...
........... what ever you do: Do not let Metallica know!!!

I do not want to sit through another movie of them with a "performance enhancement coach" ever again! And watching them bliss out with a hair net on while "working" only to have them argue about somebody missing the beat... well, then truly that is the day the Devil returns, people are Raptured, and I switch to AT&T... or is it Verizon?...
edit on 2-10-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: formatting

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If the three are liberals it is like connecting the brains of three amoeba.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

" Scientists Have Connected The Brains of 3 People, Enabling Them to Share Thoughts "

Two Did Not Like Each Other , the Third Took the 5Th .......

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
How long until one of those three people claim one of the others mentally raped them with bad thoughts?

(sorry, couldn't help it considering the path we are all on these days).

In all seriousness, I wonder if this really is a good idea. We have issues with the race to thought police as it is, do we really want to make it actually possible?

Whit that many witnesses you cant claim ANYTHING other than the truth

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Nearly started a thread on this topic but saw yours instead.

This is not a good idea at all. I mean it is for people who can't speak or those who are deaf but for the guy who has no problems with either... this wil be catastrophic consequences! can you imagine any thought you have being taken by someone else? no good at all.

At least at this stage it's only viabe with people who wear the damn headgear so that's a plus but if there's any way this progresses to remote viewing inside someone's head... I'm buying that tinfoil hat!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Anyone gets inside my head I'll get lifed off.

Think I'll be giving this a bit of a swerve!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

but if there's any way this progresses to remote viewing inside someone's head

Not likely. Not with this tech.

If you read about how the experiment worked, you'll find that all of the participants were trained to "transmit" and "read" the signals. Very simple and specific signals. It's not mind reading. By a long shot. More like pushing a button and hearing a buzzer.

edit on 10/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

me and my fiance done this at the weekend through means which I cannot discuss here !

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Feedback problems?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

nah it was a great experience , it wasnt confusing , well it was at first but once we got the hang of it and agreed that it was happening it was easier to handle !
we even managed to get good enough at it , that we thought next time we can try to conduct a series of experiments and record them and share them !

Id love to discuss this in full on ATS and even have you all help us with whats going on from the data we collect but alas its forbidden
edit on 3-10-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

me and my fiance done this at the weekend through means which I cannot discuss here !

Actually, my wife and I communicated a thousand miles apart.

I had dirty thoughts and she, well, this is a pg site. You can figure it out.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Phage

nah it was a great experience , it wasnt confusing , well it was at first but once we got the hang of it and agreed that it was happening it was easier to handle !
we even managed to get good enough at it , that we thought next time we can try to conduct a series of experiments and record them and share them !

Id love to discuss this in full on ATS and even have you all help us with whats going on from the data we collect but alas its forbidden

I'm very interested in your findings.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Hey Groot , we are too !

but its hard to discuss here on ATS as we used methods which are not currently supported by the T&C's of this site, despite the process being used by many alphabet agencies !

we are going to try and formulate a series of our own experiments and test the theory!
it will take ages

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Well, this is a little scary. Kind of reminds me of the Borg and the collective in the making.

Neuroscientists have successfully hooked up a three-way brain connection to allow three people share their thoughts – and in this case, play a Tetris-style game. The team thinks this wild experiment could be scaled up to connect whole networks of people, and yes, it's as weird as it sounds.

We are doomed !!!!!!

Yep. We are pretty much doomed. Not a question of if, but when.

First, we hook brains together. Then we implant electronics into bodies. Then we hook the brains together remotely - "Internet of Brains".

Like someone on Youtube commented on FEMA camps: They will make you go to the FEMA camps voluntarily. Because they have cut off power, water and food. Likewise, you will voluntarily join the "Network of Brains" - because there will be benefits for doing so, and punishments for NOT joining.

Maybe you won't be allowed to drive a car without it.
Maybe you won't be allowed to get insurance without it.
Maybe you won't be able to pay for anything without it.

Our only hope is that THAT level of Next Level Doom happens in 100 years or more - not in 2 decades.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join