It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have Connected The Brains of 3 People, Enabling Them to Share Thoughts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Think i have seen this before.. Minority Report?

"PreCrime, a specialized police department, apprehends criminals based on foreknowledge provided by three psychics called "precogs".

I don't even want my own thoughts.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I am of two minds on this:
Assuming a direct mind to mind experience, top interdisciplinary scholars could make some amazing breakthroughs.

However there are base emotions we all have as mammals. That could make for some awkward mind connections.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Beginning of the matrix. Where's Morpheus when we need him?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is not anything like what you are stating it is.

They are still transmitting a something to the brain and you have to be hooked up.

I could just as easily say I hit someone on the head with a mallet twice for yes once for no and it's the same thing.

They just used a different method, but at the end of the day you are not "in direct talk" with anyone.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
How about wiring up a dozen quantum physicists? or the whole Mit class of 1999?
Perhaps wed reach zero point or quantum singularity in mere months....

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Sounds bad.....BUT

Consciousness is very much the next frontier in scientific advancement. Scientific as in physics, cosmology, mathmatics and quantum mechanics.

There is very very strong evidence that consciousness plays a massive role in the makeup of matter itself. Sub atomic particles seem to react to conscious thought. Please, for the very very layman, youtube video called "Double Slit Experiment". Hopefully it will spark some interest. Those who have even a small amount of knowledge in this area probably find it hard to not spend a lot of their time researching about it. It's v ery cool stuff.

This stuff is quite established. It's not pie-in-the-sky. It IS at the forefront of the physics world and has been for most of last century.

Unified Field Theory seems to suggust that there is only one single consciouness and maybe all 'conscious' beings in the universe simply 'share' this consciousness. It even suggets that matter itself could be a result of conscious thought. Experiments and mathmatics show this to be the case.

This "Sharing Thoughts" experiment may very well show us that you are me, I am you, we are him, we are her, they are us and all things are a part of this Unified Field and we are all 'one'.

Conversely, and far more likely in this timeline, it could lead to immediate mass-arrests for 'wrong-think' and possibly another genocide by those who believe they are the perveyors of 'moral standards'. Hooking us all up, one by one, to the 'mind-reader' and judging us by our thoughts.

Yes, sorry, by "those who believe they are the perveyors of moral standards" I mean "those people who are screeching that Western Civilisation is evil while at the same time holding hateful, supremist, intolerant civilisations in high regard".

Those people will be the 'judges' if this technology develops too soon. We should shelve this for at least a decade or two.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

edit on 2 10 2018 by Breakthestreak because: double post

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

That is amazing!!

Although one would be tempted to imagine a connection between two brains would automatically mean a connection between thoughts, memory, emotions etc but that would really require a miracle.

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
little weird how many people read what's going on here, instantly jump to the thought of their partner reading their mind [which is... such a spurious leap let's not even get into that]....... and are terrified of this prospect?

we clearly have very different ideas of what love is.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
A Tetris-style game kinda reminds me of a Star Trek episode. Anyway, good way to test the neural networks. Beware the hax0rs.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The vast majority of people know themselves all too well and therefore, do not need to read the thoughts of others to know what's going on in their heads.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Certainly interesting times we live in.

Imagine your love one reading your mind

You could be onto a money maker here. Perfect opportunity to write software that gives out the "love", ie mask's your true feeling's. Can you imagine the profits?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Connecting three Brians together would be more productive. And achieve more than a tetris game. IMO

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackcrowe
Connecting three Brians together would be more productive. And achieve more than a tetris game. IMO

LOL

The only thing humans produce is pollution, garbage and poop. And a boatload of hot air.
edit on 2-10-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I did only state an opinion.

Thanks for the facts.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
No conspiracy here at all!

(link my brain to two others.
why are the other two trying to claw thire brains out?)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Human centipedes.

edit on 2-10-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
3? This..is amazing
i Guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Interesting post, particularly liked this bit:

This "Sharing Thoughts" experiment may very well show us that you are me, I am you, we are him, we are her, they are us and all things are a part of this Unified Field and we are all 'one'

I am the walrus

"I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together
See how they run like pigs from a gun
See how they fly
I'm crying"

Which was apparently a song made to have a go at those taking the beetles seriously, in a "try to work that one out" kinda way. Which makes me think that even if we perfected such technology would it even be that useful to us, we'd probably just abuse it or look for things that probably didn't exist or is so obvious it should've been known without such technology.

Interestingly, in the Stephen King book "Dreamcatcher" a character likes to call himself "the eggman" I'd say that book is connected in a coincidental kind of way since it's about a bunch of kids that had a special psychic connection due to a disabled kid who was part of the pack... It was how the kid communicated. Anyways the other kids took this gift as "normal", Eastern religions have said such capabilities are normal but not for the uninitiated. Point being, they were connected. In the book aliens " invade" and one of their weapons is a fungus that a infects and connects all living things, the aliens use this to see and control anything.

Doesn't work on the kids so much, they could already "see the line".

I just find that all coincidental, I'm also aware this post is coming across as a ramble too, maybe I need to link up to get my point across...

But yes, technology like this when perfected would undoubtedly be abused. Too many people don't have any humility towards the difference and indifference between us, many people don't have respect for life in general never mind human life.

Fascinating stuff to think about, seems technology will acquire the capabilities seemingly only Eastern ascended masters once acquired. It's funny that, how we go in circles.

I also agree that the universe, the animate and inanimate are intrinsically connected. Science is pointing us in that direction.

Are we ready for it?

No, probably not. We're one but not the same, it's our differences that all too readily define us. Again, nice post and I apologize for my rambling.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Complete acceptance despite our differences, wants and needs?

Love is much more than a good shag. If you can't share with your love then... Maybe it isn't love but just lust?

I'm far from terrified by that prospect tbh, it's funny how others are. I mean, we're human.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join