It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilty until proven guilty!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I haven't been all that interested in this case if I am honest although I do find the argument of "what happened to innocent until proven guilty" a little curious.

You see the thing is, the reality is that innocent until proven guilty is really only ever in the eyes of a court, not the public. This happens all the time in high profile cases....police have arrested a man on suspicion of killing mrs smith, her hubby mr smith found out she was having an affair" so before you know it, before judgement has been passed the judgement made by the public and the press is that poor Mr. Smith is guilty.

Not even that it can happen in our personal lives and I think this is more comparable to the case of he whose name I cannot spell and can't be arsed looking up. I work with venerable adults and children, lets say one of them makes a accusation against me "he touched me here and here" well I have to be suspended until is investigated to protect those I work with (never happened just for the record). This however could be perceived as having been treated as being guilty before anything is ever proven but its just a unfortunate reality.

Like if you Kids teacher was accused by half the class of touching them up, you wouldn't say, well he can keep his job for now because no investigation has found him guilty yet.

Same kind of thing with this I think.

The main difference being is that its getting so much more publicity than a local PTA meeting, and we as humans are all going to make our own judgements on him, I think he is guilty as sin, you might not.

I think a lot of people are letting their political views muddy all of this however, I am sure everyone also got upset about old Bill being treated as being guilty of getting a sloppy one in the Oval Office before the accusations could be proven??? no....
edit on 2-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good points.
Innocent till in the eyes or the law but not public opinion.

Good point about the teachers.

If your 2nd grade kids teacher gets accused of being a pederast you would definitely want them removed at least until.
I mean you as in people.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

However, in this case, this will never, ever get anywhere near an actual court trial.

None of the accusers have taken steps to try to get these allegations sorted out and investigated by the proper authorities. So the only place this can and will be tried is the court of public opinion. That means this is only for the purposes of destroying a person and his family merely to prevent him from sitting the SCOTUS and for no other reason ...

,,, and it will have the side effect of destroying most other facets of his life and theirs while they're at it.

There is no exoneration of any kind possible.

That should disturb everyone here.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You would, but in most cases, the teacher would be suspended pending outcome of the investigation by the proper authorities.

In this case, no proper authorities will ever do that proper investigation.

The closest we have is the FBI check, and the relevant parties are already laying the groundwork to call it invalid, so what do you think the odds are that anyone will allow it to exonerate or vindicate him whatever happens?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Granted it most likely will never go to court, but it is possible, its possible that this guy could find himself getting into legal jeopardy over past sexual assaults.

Regardless my point still stands.

Take all the politics outs of this and pretend for a moment its your kids teacher who is being accused of touching the other kids, no proof, just a accusation. Innocent until proven guilty. You would still want him/her suspended and investigated, you would make a presumption of guilt and want steps taken to ensure your kids safety based on that presumption. This happens all the time in various walks of life.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MRinder

Democratic Congressman Jerrold Nadler says Kavanaugh is GUILTY. And after he's confirmed to the Supreme Court, the Democratic majority in the House will prove it!

www.washingtontimes.com...

So yeah..you're right.

I don't know what's worse. The fact that democrats think they can prove he's guilty even though every witness named by the accuser basically says she's full of crap, or the fact that democrats are ignorant enough to think they'll win anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Generally, that teacher is suspended, not fired. For one thing, union rules will protect that teacher. In fact, the union rules are so iron clad on teachers that even if the teacher is found guilty, they cannot be fired or it's more trouble than it's worth to go through the process, so we pay for them to be put in what are called "rubber rooms" where they just sit there all day getting paid.

This will not happen for Kavanaugh no matter what the outcome of this is. The best he might hope for is to be able to bring defamation suit in court.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join