It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temperament of Supreme Court

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Man, when Kavanaugh was accused of being a rapist, he got fired up.

And he said Democrats were coming at him.

This shows he may be too biased and not have the temperament to be on the court!

Right democrats and media (sorry i repeat myself)!

Judge Brett Kavanaugh's ability to be a impartial member of the Supreme Court has come under scrutiny after he emotionally accused Democrats of an "orchestrated political hit" against him and said the allegations of sexual misconduct are "revenge on behalf of the Clintons."

Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, on Friday morning said Kavanaugh's partisan attacks were "unbelievable."

"This was not someone who reflected an impartial temperament or the fairness and even handedness one would see in a judge," Feinstein said. "This was someone who was aggressive and belligerent. I have never seen someone who wants to be elevated to the highest court in our country behave in that manner."

www.politico.com...

And on and on.

So maybe there is a point here. Maybe we cant have people with a temperament that calls into question impartiality on the court.

Heck as the media is discussing, perhaps if Kavanaugh is confirmed, he can be impeached for this.

Makes sense. We dont want someone seen as impartial on the court.

"I can't imagine what this place would be -- I can't imagine what the country would be -- with Donald Trump as our president," Ginsburg told The New York Times in a July 2016 interview in her Supreme Court chambers. "For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be -- I don't even want to contemplate that." Ginsburg doubled down on those comments in a subsequent interview with CNN, calling Trump a "faker," and adding: ""He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego."

How Ruth Bader Ginsburg became the face of the Trump resistance
www.cnn.com...

We already know what Ginsburg thinks of the president. She told us more than a year ago that she "can't imagine what the country would be . . . with Donald Trump as our president." Facing criticism for her apparent endorsement of Hillary Clinton and her attacks on Trump, Ginsburg doubled down, emphasizing in a CNN interview: "He is a faker." She then went on "point by point, as if presenting a legal brief," the CNN analyst said.

www.washingtonpost.com... =.bc76a91a4143

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has decided to take a stand against a major party’s presidential candidate in a way that she—and arguably no prior justice—has ever done before. Over the course of several interviews, the justice has spent the last few days hammering Donald Trump for his reckless campaign and outrageous policies, suggesting that a President Trump would pose a serious danger to the republic. Her explicitly political statements set off a familiar firestorm about whether Ginsburg had “crossed the line,” sending the conservative blogosphere in particular into howling fantods. Critics on the left and right have criticized Ginsburg’s comments as explosive, unprecedented, and unethical.

www.slate.com...

So I assume the democrats will begin impeachment hearings on Ginsburg immediately.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

An angry drunk who his friends from college won't even defend is the last thing the US need on the supreme court.

Ruth may have problems. Agreed.

Why stack the bench with an alcoholic sexual predator to boot?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
C'mon, they're like the 7 dwarfs.

RGB is Sleepy, and Kavanaugh is auditioning for the Grumpy slot. Not sure who gets stuck as Dopey though?

And then that leaves the two we have to make up because there are nine Justices and only seven dwarfs.
edit on 1-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

An angry drunk who his friends from college won't even defend is the last thing the US need on the supreme court.

Hey man kudos for your string attempts to troll every thread on this!

Unfortunately as you know, most people arent going to just call him an alcoholic or sexual predator with no proof.

But good work posting yet another meaningless post!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Actually hundreds have come to his defense, 3(?) or so people have made claims that cannot be substantiated.

Let's focus on the anomalies though, because they are the only ones supporting the left's narrative.

So on the basis of an accusation only, you are willing to throw away an incredible legal mind because he does not support your ideology.

That way of thinking is shrinking your political base. Keep working on it!!!

To the OP, what I found funny is a comment by one of the Democratic jackwheels complaining that BK is going to be biased as a result of what he has gone through in the confirmation process.

Um.. perhaps you should not have put him through it then?

edit on 1-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ruth GIN-sburg drinks too much...sleeps too much...mumbles instead of talking... and advocated lowering the age of legal sex to 12.

If she is qualified to remain on the bench, almost anyone with a law degree, is more than qualified to join her on the bench.

And according to Senator Cornyn just now, the FBI is almost finished. A formal announcement of findings may be revealed by the Senate.

edit on 10/1/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Future Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and two fellow Yale University students were in an off-campus bar back in 1985. They had just come from seeing the English reggae band UB40 at a nearby venue in New Haven, Connecticut, when they saw a man who resembled the lead singer. The man told the trio he wasn’t the singer and brusquely told them to stop looking at him. Kavanaugh couldn’t let the comment pass, according to one of the two friends with Kavanaugh that night.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE Share Tweet Post Email In this article NYT NEW YORK TIMES-A 22.74USD-0.41-1.77% Future Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and two fellow Yale University students were in an off-campus bar back in 1985. They had just come from seeing the English reggae band UB40 at a nearby venue in New Haven, Connecticut, when they saw a man who resembled the lead singer. The man told the trio he wasn’t the singer and brusquely told them to stop looking at him. Kavanaugh couldn’t let the comment pass, according to one of the two friends with Kavanaugh that night. Kavanaugh first cursed at the man. After the man responded in kind, Kavanaugh threw a beer in his face, said Charles Ludington, a former Yale basketball player who’s now a history professor at North Carolina State University. The act precipitated a brawl that drew in their other friend -- Yale basketball star and future NBA player Chris Dudley -- and eventually prompted a call to police. Kavanaugh was frequently “belligerent and aggressive” after drinking and had lied to senators about his experience with alcohol, Ludington said in a statement released to the news media Sunday. The barroom fisticuffs were the most searing example of Kavanaugh’s behavior he remembers, Ludington said in an interview with Bloomberg News, where he expanded on his statement for the first time.

“It was sort of a general feature of hanging out with Brett in college,” he said in an interview. “When you’re having beers on a Friday or Saturday night, that was kind of Brett’s shtick. He was aggressive. He was belligerent.” Related: Kavanaugh to Get Senate Vote This Week, Majority Leader Says The White House had no immediate comment when asked about Ludington’s account, instead referring a reporter to statements issued earlier by Dudley and another classmate attesting to Kavanaugh’s character.

Source

Angry drunk.

What more can you say?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

Well you have certainly blown my argument that hundreds of people say otherwise about him.

By the way, I'm pretty sure you diddled me when I was thirteen and you got me drunk and then beat me.

BRB... I have a Twitter post to make!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Well you have certainly blown my argument that hundreds of people say otherwise about him.

By the way, I'm pretty sure you diddled me when I was thirteen and you got me drunk and then beat me.

BRB... I have a Twitter post to make!

Pretty sure I was there and saw that ... or at least I saw two people who looked like y'all.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

To the OP, what I found funny is a comment by one of the Democratic jackwheels complaining that BK is going to be biased as a result of what he has gone through in the confirmation process.

As I've said since Dims started hurting Kavanaugh's family, if he is confirmed, Democrats will suffer BIGLY. If it's a "cause" that is high on the Democrats priority list, it will take a major hit. Thomas and Kavanaugh will see to it!

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As I've said since Dims started hurting Kavanaugh's family, if he is confirmed, Democrats will suffer BIGLY. If it's a "cause" that is high on the Democrats priority list, it will take a major hit. Thomas and Kavanaugh will see to it!

Except that's not really what we want. We do want a fair judge.

link   
What time is President Trump's Tennessee rally tonight?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yeah, it is all coming out now.

Kavanaugh’s nomination to the high court is mired in allegations of drunken behavior and sexual misconduct following a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing last week in which a California college professor, Christine Blasey Ford, testified that he assaulted her while drunk when the two were teenagers. Kavanaugh denies the assault, but acknowledged drinking beer as a youth. Democrats have raised questions about his temperament and whether he was truthful about the extent of his alcohol use.

Source

link   

So maybe there is a point here. Maybe we cant have people with a temperament that calls into question impartiality on the court.

Lol!!!

Its very hard to be impartial when you are the subject.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust

Except that's not really what we want. We do want a fair judge.

Who is "we"?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

"You're a serial gang rapist".

"That's a lie!"

"Whoa why so angry, bub? Are you sure that's the temperament required of the US Supreme Court?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

With questions about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s drinking habits surfacing in the investigation of sexual assault allegations against him, a college friend has described him as a “belligerent and aggressive” drinker who once started a fight that led to the jailing of a mutual friend. Charles Ludington, who knew Kavanaugh at Yale University, told The Washington Post Sunday that he plans to give the FBI a statement on the matter, and he provided a copy of the statement to the paper.

Source

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Those Supreme Court justices must be a raging bunch. Kavanaugh will fit right in. He sounds like a wild man. Wild man Kavanaugh. He was born to be wild. I heard they caught him naked in a room with three nurses only minutes after his birth.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

For the sake of the country, we should all want a judge who is interpreting the law, not ruling according to who treated him bad at his confirmation as satisfying as that would be.

And I really hate saying that because I wouldn't blame the guy for sitting there and saying ... "Oh, you guys would really, really like me to find for your pet cause here wouldn't you? Hmmm, I recall all those nights my wife cried over how we were treated ... so, uh, yeah, not happening!"
edit on 1-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
C'mon, they're like the 7 dwarfs.

RGB is Sleepy, and Kavanaugh is auditioning for the Grumpy slot. Not sure who gets stuck as Dopey though?

Sotomayor

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join