It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google - STOP changing Gmail layout or format automatically!!! It should be users decision!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So I have NO option to switch back to the original display orientation within Gmail, I'm stuck with the new version which is unuseable. ALL of my sent emails are blank within this account, but not In others (different Gmail account). I have no option to go back to the old version of Gmail and never selected/opted in for this new version - it was thrust upon me without asking and any support is a JOKE.

It is time that the masses take their communication into their own hands, pay for the service (as it should be) and #WalkAwayFromGmail (sorry this is the first time I've ever used a hashtag, IDK if this is even how it is done).

I have like 20 emails I need to review and it is time sensitive (1 hour left) and I can't see anything in them because of the new format.

What is wrong with this company!?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Tried changing to HTML view?
It's at the bottom of the page:

It's what I did. I can't stand the new thing either.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

They do it because they can and you can't do a thing about it. They prolly get off on it.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Stop voting for Corporatist Sycophants.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

See what the digital age has brought us? Less freedom...and this is just the beginning.

theres also a negative side....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Google reads all your private emails.

"For marketing purposes only" though

Lol

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I pretty much hate everything Google so let’s just add this to the list .

So I’m going to bypass them and ask you guys a question .

I rarely if ever check my emails. So now on my phone I’ve got 500+. The only way I’ve figured out to delete them is one at a time.

Please for the love of God someone tell me how to a”delete all”.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I rarely even use the web browser. It plugs directly in to thunderbird. No formatting at all, just regular email.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Top right dropdown>edit>select all on top left>delete

Sometimes it only does a few, but from a pc it's much easier.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci

Tried changing to HTML view?
It's at the bottom of the page:

It's what I did. I can't stand the new thing either.

Non longer there on ANY of my accounts.I've tried 4 browsers thinking that might be the issue, but nope. There is NOTHING to change the view and the "Settings" menu (the cog/gear in upper right under the bell icon) seems to be missing options. I have "Themes", Configure Inbox, Display Density and Settings, get add-ons, feedback. I've gone through everything for over 2 hours and there is nothing that will work.

I left feedback telling them this really sucks and I'm looking for a new provider unless things can go back to the way they were.

I also have tons of emails in my "Sent" folder that have no content - only the subject - no "to" field or anything let alone the content of the email. One I just sent a few hours ago from my gmail account to a business I BCC'd to another Gmail account I have for backup reasons and to make sure it was formatted correctly - the email is in that location and looks fine, but also within that account there are MANY emails in the Sent folder missing all the content besides the subject.

I've had a plan to introduce an email/file hosting/FTP/SFTP/SSH/web server/torrent box/IM/Voice/VPN/Proxy & more (news aggregation of selected feeds), all rolled into one for some time and am thinking now may be a good time for it if I can find the right developers to get the bugs worked out. It wouldn't be free, and that is the point, you pay but non of your data is analysed or used by the company, not sold, it is PRIVATE now and forever.

Would people be interested in that?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Thanks for the reply.

The only thing I have on my iPhone on the top right is a search engine .

Does a iPhone have a different layout ?

In the meantime I’ll try poking around with what you told me .

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

They'll do whatever they want. If you want to use their service, deal with it, or find another. Beggars can't be choosers.
edit on 1-10-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No. You already tried to float this idea, and essentially have everyone else do all the work.

I predict this attempt won't go any better.

P.s. I have an inkling that Google started out with the same good intentions of privacy as you are listing now. It's somewhere between here and there where the problem happens.
edit on 1-10-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You will accept what your google overlords give you!!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Download outlook, or use the built in email program from windows, input ur info, it will automatically set the incoming and outgoing servers. boom!, manage all ur emails there instead of using a dang browser
edit on 10/1/2018 by neomaximus10 because: Phone, fat fingers

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I pretty much hate everything Google so let’s just add this to the list .

So I’m going to bypass them and ask you guys a question .

I rarely if ever check my emails. So now on my phone I’ve got 500+. The only way I’ve figured out to delete them is one at a time.

Please for the love of God someone tell me how to a”delete all”.

I do not know if this is the correct method but it did work for me...

Back to Nokia 3310

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

No. You already tried to float this idea, and essentially have everyone else do all the work.

I predict this attempt won't go any better.

P.s. I have an inkling that Google started out with the same good intentions of privacy as you are listing now. It's somewhere between here and there where the problem happens.

Blah blah. I don't think google ever had good intentions considering where their original funding and technology came from. Unfortunately that aspect was hidden from the public so as they put on the "do no evil" face, they knew darn well what was going on behind the scenes and who their master truly was.

Who cares if I floated the idea before. Just because you don't like it I really couldn't care less, that opinion means as little as you can possibly imagine about this issue. You seem to hold yourself in such high regard and think you know what "everyone" in the world wants as per tech services. don't delude yourself. If you work in tech, this is very easy to get in this mindset as you probably suggest things to clients who go along with your suggestion b/c they know better, so you think you know best, but it is self delusion. It happens all the time in this industry and is usually not on purpose, so don't take it as me saying you mean to be self righteous. It's the whole bubble mentality and it is bad in the Tech world.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Entitled much? It's a private company providing you with a free service. If you're unhappy use another provider. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If you like, you can google "how to find ATS tech support"...

Hope That Helps...

top topics

join