It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were you influenced by Russia?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Hillary's policy positions which were largely the policy positions of the past 8 years influenced my vote.

No, sir, I didn't like 'em.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: Nostranova

Yeah, but you still think Uranium 1, Pizzagate, Bengzi, etc. are real. Russian much?

Considering the poster in question has all of 20 posts under their belt, I'm surprised you actually know for sure their opinions on those topics. I sure don't.

But then, I guess I haven't read the post history. Perhaps those 20 have been super-specific.

member posts: 529

Uh, where did you get < 20?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's the in vogue thing to do.

Find any moron, or group of morons, as justification for your own bad behavior against someone else.

Mob mentality at its finest.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Yeah, but you still think Uranium 1, Pizzagate, Bengzi, etc. are real. Russian much?

Regardless of the outcome of the Russian investigation. After it’s over Hillary and her democratic cronies are going to lose the protection they’ve enjoyed for decades.

So let’s have this discussion next year .

edit on 1-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nostranova
Did you vote Trump because of a particular story you read? What was the story?

Yes... The article(s) which contained direct quotes of his words and his vision for the USA influenced me heavily. I found myself in support of his policies and empowered by his ideas.

Can fake news influence that many people and change who they intend to vote for?

Well, somehow Obama got elected twice, so it's not like there wasn't precedent.

Do you now regret voting Trump?

Not hardly

If Russia hacked something and spread info from what they hacked, is that not then the truth they spread?

That's an interesting question, isn't it? If got what they released via hacking, then the crimes and malfeasance by the DNC which the hackers revealed was the truth, regardless of how it was obtained. If they didn't hack and made it all up, then why in the hell have we wasted 2 years and untold million investigating the Russian hacker narrative? At the end of the day, had the Dems ran a clean campaign from day 1, we'd not be here at this juncture.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

I'll explain it to you more slooooooooowly.

He was talking about Nostranova....who you must know personally.....since you seem to know that poster's positions on Uranium 1, Pizzagate, Bengzi, etc.

edit on 1-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wrote in Gumby.
Damn you Art Clokey and you mind control rays!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Funny how no one will admit that some of the lies that they believe, that are pure nonsense, that are fabrications, and that are all BS, came from the Russian trolls.

You have been fooled. I can understand why you will not admit to being fooled, but your have been fooled.

By enemies of the United States.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The poster you replied to, not your own posts.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The poster you replied to, not your own posts.

My bad. I stand corrected.

You get a star.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Russia didn’t have buildings of people acting pro-Trump on the internet, they had people acting like crazy liberals.

Are you still undercover then, Comrade? That would make CNN the greatest Russian counter-op in history to this very day. Brilliantly played, CNN, brilliantly played.

edit on 1-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nostranova
Just wondering how Russia interfered with the US elections?

I've read about hacking and fake news, collaborating with Trump etc but how did it actually work?

Did you vote Trump because of a particular story you read? What was the story?

Can fake news influence that many people and change who they intend to vote for?

Do you now regret voting Trump?

If Russia hacked something and spread info from what they hacked, is that not then the truth they spread?

Just wondering because it's all very confusing, especially if it hasn't been confirmed yet, or has it?

Good questions,

For myself, honestly, "I don't know". I don't do 'social media' but am on the internet for work and play a bit. I don't watch television or listen to much 'sponsored' media, so I have no idea.

In general, this crowd, the ATS crowd is not all that self-reflective nor that knowledgeable about vectors of influence and their subtlety.

The design of internet search engines alone limit one's results into a narrow "belief bubble" that takes conscience effort to pierce even slightly.

edit on 1-10-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here's a couple of examples to include their busiest period after the election. That second one seemed to work pretty good...on leftists.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It happens. Trying to keep up with multiple threads can be a job.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There is an fbi report that has been posted before

Part of the Russian thing was to say fracking is bad. So if you ever voted for an anti fracking politician, you had the Russian influence your voting.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To be honest, I went to the polls to vote on local issues. I thought the constitutionalist candidate, Darrel castle, would be on the ballot. And he was going to get my vote. Once there, I realized he was not on the ballot, so my intention was to write him in. However, I couldn't remember the first name of his running mate, so I couldn't properly write in my vote. After thinking it over a bit at the end of filling the rest of my ballot out, I went back to the top and marked Trump.

No Russian influence. I promise.
edit on 1-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

A far better question would be which modern nation has the greatest history of interfering with other nation's election's and political system's?.

Does Russia interfere, undoubtedly YES they DO but so does the US, UK, France and a whole plethora of other nation's whom have all at one time or another - and even today right now - have or are interfering in other nation's government's system's.

And NOT always in favor of Democracy.

The west uses the excuse of regional stabilization (more usually resulting in regional destabilization so what do they actually mean by that) to justify it's moves most of which the general public will never know about but the truth is that it is actually far more about money.

China is also doing this now as it's influence expand's.

But what is interference?.

Nations which have used dirty trick's, there secret services and bribery to influence other nation's political system's, topple democratically elected - and otherwise - government's and to place regimes' favorable to there own regional interests ( call that corporate since it seldom serves the actual interest of those interfering nation's to do so but does serve the investment's of a hand full of ultra wealthy elite whom actually are controlling those nation's government's and thus use them as proxy's to drive there own personal global agenda).

The US - military junta's in south america put into power by the CIA etc often toppling democratically elected government's essentially enslaving and imprisoning those national populations under illegitimate and brutal foreign backed rule.

The UK, not so much as in the more distant past but about the same as the US and often in cahoot's with our colonial child.

The Russian's - since the cold war and now under Putin they have rejoined this great game of regional politics were often nations are propped up or destabilized to ensure regional influence - to be fair as the post cold war influence waned the US did indeed move into there back yard in order to try to take assets such as natural resourced the Russians do see as there own and so that has given them reason to feel very insecure as the US has encircled them, also while they have had a civil war of the oligarch's there own NEW elite they are now wanting to make there influence felt as well as Putin's desire to restore the influence his nation had in Soviet time's.

China - much the same but more aggressive today than in the past with the exception of there influence in Korea when they propped up the defeated communists with there own army and of course Tibet which was a sovereign nation they invaded and whose native population have been the victim of relocation, forced sterilization and ethnic cleansing.

France and Britain's main interests though are in there former colonies and often not actually driven by parliament but by the interests of those old elite.

To my mind claiming election tampering by foreign powers is Valid but it is also a case of the pot calling the kettle black as we say up north here in the UK.

edit on 1-10-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

A far better question would be which modern nation has the greatest history of interfering with other nation's election's and political system's?.

Does Russia interfere, undoubtedly YES they DO but so does the US, UK, France and a whole plethora of other nation's whom have all at one time or another - and even today right now - have or are interfering in other nation's government's system's.

And NOT always in favor of Democracy.

That's why Trump wouldn't scold the Russians for public soundbites. He knew what a hypocritical statement and insult it would be and would do nothing to try to better relations.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's complete bull. All of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
There is an fbi report that has been posted before

Part of the Russian thing was to say fracking is bad. So if you ever voted for an anti fracking politician, you had the Russian influence your voting.

The Russians hate that the US is producing so much energy.

That being said, some fracking is really terrible, if the drillers don't care about the environment.

Fair notice: I have leased a property I own to a fracking outfit in North Central PA. I do have a contract that limits what they can do.

So, I can get behind the US producing more energy, and doing it safely, but at the same time object to outfits that muck up the ground water in pursuit of the dollar.

It is complicated. But that is what the Russians do - they try to prey on complicated issues to confuse folks.

We all can do better.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join