It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were you influenced by Russia?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just wondering how Russia interfered with the US elections?

I've read about hacking and fake news, collaborating with Trump etc but how did it actually work?

Did you vote Trump because of a particular story you read? What was the story?

Can fake news influence that many people and change who they intend to vote for?

Do you now regret voting Trump?

If Russia hacked something and spread info from what they hacked, is that not then the truth they spread?

Just wondering because it's all very confusing, especially if it hasn't been confirmed yet, or has it?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nostranova

I was going to vote Clinton, and I don't have any social media accounts, but Russia hacked directly into my brain and demanded I vote Trump. I went to the polls, and went to mark Clinton but much to my surprise and horror , I saw my hand marking Trump. This is a travesty and needs to be investigated further.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They say Trump owns a unicorn.

This is true.

like that But instead of unicorn the Russians said he poo's gold... apparantly

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yea.. The TV told me Russians are Influencing me :

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Influenced by Russia? I think the idea is that for Russia to be successful, we would have to unaware that they influenced us.

We are told that a handful of Russians working with a couple hundred thousand dollars bought enough fake ads on Facebook and similar sites to swing the election. Compared to the typical amounts spent by the candidates and PACs and other groups, the idea that this tiny group somehow lost the election for Clinton, especially when they bought ads sympathetic to her as much as Trump sympathetic ads is sort of silly.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I don't know if it influenced my vote, but I suddenly have the urge to buy Ushanka's in every color, keep nesting dolls on the coffee table, and drink Vodka by the tanker full.

Who knew a few thousand dollars of Russian facebook ads could be so effective? I think we should fire everyone at the pentagon. They're doing this all wrong.

Off to eat some borscht.

Спасибо.

edit on 1-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was going to vote Clinton as well, but started hearing these weird radio like transmissions in my head. They came through in Russian first, and turned into American voices later.

It said:

"The needs of the many are outweighed by the needs of Trump"

....I changed my vote, I still don't know why.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yeah, but you still think Uranium 1, Pizzagate, Bengzi, etc. are real. Russian much?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I don't know if it influenced my vote, but I suddenly have the urge to buy Ushanka's in every color, keep nesting dolls on the coffee table, and drink Vodka by the tanker full.

Who knew a few thousand dollars of Russian facebook ads could be so effective? I think we should fire everyone at the pentagon. They're doing this all wrong.

Off to eat some borscht.

Спасибо.

I hate Russian dolls. They're so full of themselves.

Sorry, that was a bit of an inside joke.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wait, those were Russians? Sounded like angry stoners to me.... I wasted my vote on boaty mcboatface.... damnit... can we get a redo?

A2D

link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Sexist.

link   
I just think we are all being brainwashed in one way or the other since we were born so I doubt Russian brainwashing had much effect on the American people.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I was on Trump's side as soon as he confirmed he would run. I was tired of both parties at this point.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The real question is were you influenced by memes, articles, and conspiracy's.

And how many of those were made by russians?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Nope. Voted for Trump because it was the only option. I don’t waste my vote on 3rd party candidates anymore (did it once), and no way was I voting for HRC “because she was a woman”.

Dems should have put up a viable candidate (that actually ran on a platform - besides don’t vote for Trump).

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Russians can meme? ...learn something new everyday.

A2D

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
When asking yourself if Russia influenced your vote or not, it’s more appropriate to ask yourself if your perception of liberals influenced your vote or not.

Russia didn’t have buildings of people acting pro-Trump on the internet, they had people acting like crazy liberals. It’s much easier to convince right wing people that liberals are insane than it is to convince others that Trump is good.

So ask yourself, did your perception of the left you got from right wing news sources influence your vote in the last election?

Did Russia influence your vote?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I never told this but, one of the reasons I voted for Trump was because he is crazy and it worked like a charm...

...but then I found that Hillary was evil so it was a lucky shot.

Also wanted to vote for the better hairdo. I nailed.

edit on 1-10-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Yeah, but you still think Uranium 1, Pizzagate, Bengzi, etc. are real. Russian much?

Considering the poster in question has all of 20 posts under their belt, I'm surprised you actually know for sure their opinions on those topics. I sure don't.

But then, I guess I haven't read the post history. Perhaps those 20 have been super-specific.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I never told this but, one of the reasons I voted for Trump was because he is crazy and it worked like a charm...

...but then I found that Hillary was evil so it was a lucky shot.

Also wanted to vote for the better hairdo. I nailed.

I took it as my civic duty to the couches of this country. Had we elected Hillary, they would have been a vanishing breed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join