It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could MAG. 8.2EQ In Greater Los Angeles Southern California San Andreas Rupture be Catastrophic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My apology. Yes, California is the topic. Specifically Earthquakes.a reply to: TheJesuit

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Op....dont get peoples hopes up of doom and gloom.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Consider the Billions of gallons of water pumped from the states aquifers. Water equals weight. The lack of weight lessens stresses, it would seem logically. Perhaps postponing the 'Big event'.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

lol you want the state to go in the ocean killing millions and you give me abortion crap. hypocrite much?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The San Andreas fault is not capable of an 8.2 earthquake. Its max would be about 7.3 7.4. Its not the right kind of fault for a big quake like that. Not that a 7 would be a walk in the park either.

As usual you don’t know what you are talking about. Ever hear of a little thing happening in 1906 in San Francisco?

Link

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I’ve never seen a thread go 4 pages with only one flag. It’s not about you OP.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Your point, sir??

Do you want it to happen?

Are you concerned about lost of life?

Loss of property perhaps?

How it can be mitigated?

Emergency response?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
Scared the crap outta me.
Not cool, man. Any way to maybe change the title? The way it's worded leads one to believe it's actually happened.

Did you read the 'Could' at the beginning of the Title?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Not cool, man. Any way to maybe change the title? The way it's worded leads one to believe it's actually happened.

When he first put up the thread he didn't put could. Even still I don't think he changed it enough, could be overlooked easily.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

originally posted by: FyreByrd

When he first put up the thread he didn't put could. Even still I don't think he changed it enough, could be overlooked easily.

My apologies - I truly wondered what the brouhaha was about, thank you.

edit on 1-10-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Hey!

No fair.
I thought your title meant it happened!

me too

Me three!

Do we have enough to start a movement now?

i guess we do.... as long as the movement doesn't register on the Richter scale.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ha ha Im not against guns. Go find another tree honey.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So we live between the juncture of the San Andreas and the Hayward Faults.

We live in a concrete slab wood construction single story wood home with reinforced and cross braced walls (thank you Dad aka my personal civil engineer) bolted to the foundation etc. We have a foam roof which is light so there is little in the way of loading. We do have a masonry fireplace which is a huge problem in a quake.

My dad said that alot of structures should hold with say a Richter 8-8.8 but once you get over 9 all bets are off. He did think our home because fo the slab and modifications should be okay

But if you take the LA Basin and the SF Bay area you are looking at 25 million plus people and there will be a ton of casualties

Also modern healthcare systems really lack surge capacity. To give you an idea there is in Northern California at most 300 Pediatric ICU beds that typically run at 65-80% capacity given the normal illness trauma etc. That mean you would AT best be able to cover an additional 120 Peds ICU patients. Thats pretty grim. If they need the ICu and there is not one they will die.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join