It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Ideology - Left vs Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm probably not explaining myself very well and am most likely just rambling on...I guess what I'm saying is that people should break free from this left v right obsession....its maddening and it clogs ATS with #e.

On the contrary, you have explained yourself quite well. You also seem to have a strong grasp of our situation at this time. You summed it up better than I could, that's for sure.

I really don't remember so many people becoming political all of a sudden. Maybe it comes with age and I just never noticed it before

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The video is lengthy, a summary; Since slavery was outlawed, folks got around it by imprisoning black men for petty crimes by creating equally petty laws and by using every and any excuse to to send black folks to prison.

I happen to agree with Kanye. the funny part is, if those racists douchebags actually practiced what they preached, then you wouldn't need a 13th amendment.

And before you in a tiff cuz I called them douchebags remember this, they created a document that suppose to apply to be about freedom for all, while keeping me enslaved. That's right there, is the reason why America is messed up. That right there.
edit on 1-10-2018 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

There were great restrictions placed on exactly who could vote for the first hundred or so years of an independent USA.
Initially it was only privileged, white land owners who could vote.
Universal suffrage was never a consideration for the Founding Fathers or Framers of the Constitution.

Likewise in the UK Oliver Cromwell is venerated for his role in The English Civil War between Parliamentarian Roundheads and Royalist Cavaliers.
The reality is that he vehemently opposed universal suffrage and imprisoned many people who supported his Parliamentary cause after his elevation to Lord Protector.
He was also a rabid religious bigot who slaughtered thousands of people who dared to disagree with his own personal beliefs.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

oh wow... I had no idea there was an English Civil War!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join