It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada agrees to changes in NAFTA Looks like a win win for everyone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

just quit downplaying everything the man does...when Canada wouldnt budge it was entirely Trumps fault...he sticks to his guns and wins, now its a group effort.

You said youre grown up, doesnt seem like it to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: camain

Speaking as an American who interacted heavily with Canadian call centers....they have a much more qualified workforce. If i were still in the industry, i'd be doing business with Canadians as well. The difference in quality of labor is striking to a ridiculous degree.

Maybe in most industries, however my call center was unique. We migrated Adelphi’s to comcast, Comcast to time warner, time Warner to comcast and had extensive experience migrating over 17 different isps in Adelphi’s before it went belly up. We supported everything from dial up and isdn to fiber as well as web hosting and email. We did it all, interacted with security to deal with tracking people down, and were the highest level in regards to experienced and trained personnel. The call center shut down because why pay me 20 an hr to do all that, when you can pay a Canadian 8.50 to start, and break the reaponsibilites up to keep the wage down.

Hind site it was good for me, but doesn’t change the fact that 500 people lost their job in a town of 1500 people and it devastated the local economy.

Camain

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

just quit downplaying everything the man does...when Canada wouldnt budge it was entirely Trumps fault...he sticks to his guns and wins, now its a group effort.

I don't put down everything he does. I know that's the "go to" when anyone says anything about Trump but in this case it's an epic fail. I just dislike those that think the sun rises and shine directly from his ass...Jr.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Probably a safe policy, although there are quite a few good organic dairy products that come out of the U.S., so putting a blanket ban on American dairy products isn't probably the best way to go...some really good organic meat products, too. But if you think that you have it bad, try living here and avoiding most of that stuff.

Of course, one could question why the human species is really the only one that continues to drink animal milk past infancy--I don't drink milk at all anymore, and haven't for probably about a decade at this point. I do other dairy stuff, though.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I don't put down everything he does. I know that's the "go to" when anyone says anything about Trump but in this case it's an epic fail. I just dislike those that think the sun rises and shine directly from his ass...Jr.

You also dislike people giving credit where credit is due .. if it goes to Trump. If Trump was not the driving force for this tell me who was.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I knew Canada would come to terms. We're their biggest trading partner by far; a trade war would be disastrous for them.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You also dislike people giving credit where credit is due .. if it goes to Trump.

Nope. As you can see from my first post here. I wish we were in the Pit so I could say what I REALLY think about you Trumpeteers.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

lol and when did I imply that he hung the moon and the stars?

fact is, when it comes to trade deals he has been vastly superior to the last three presidents, at least in regards trade as it pertains to the USAs bottom line...good imo.

I notice instead, all you express is abject hate and cant present an argument against this success.

Oh and "JR" here runs sales management for an entire nation.
edit on 1-10-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I knew Canada would come to terms. We're their biggest trading partner by far; a trade war would be disastrous for them.

And the US as well. It's in all our interests to work together. NAFTA's GDP is greater than the EU's. Working together gives the best to all 3 countries.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: camain

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

I am scared of American milk.
I try not to buy American produce,meat or anything coming from America.

I figure if they poison their own people with Monsanto,I don't want anything from that country on my plate...not even a juicy steak.

They are saying that the US has an oversupply of milk.
Now I have to try to stay away from the milk too??

Be glad Americans don’t feel the same way. Oh, Canadian cars aren’t as safe as American, your wood products hurt our industry, how about your call centers hurt the American economy? See o can make up ridiculous things too to avoid free and open trade. There are 371 million Americans and what 25 million Canadians, most of which are either between Niagara Falls and Montreal or on the west coast? Do you want free and unfettered trade? Or only when it’s beneficial to you? Either you open your market up or you protect it. You can’t have it both ways.

Camain

Canada doesn't allow bovine growth hormone..america does. I personally don't want american milk being mixed with canadian milk.

Whats stopping you from buying Canadian milk?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

And the US as well. It's in all our interests to work together. NAFTA's GDP is greater than the EU's. Working together gives the best to all 3 countries.

I have always said the best way to deal with the immigration issue is to make Mexico a stronger economy. They will want to stay home.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I hope Trudeau isn’t taking any credit for this. He had a good deal offered to him early on ( not sure if it was better or worse than what they have now). He decided to play the anti Trump political coin for buying voters, and thought he was too cool for school standing up to Trump. Well Trump showed him in the end it seems.

I have to agree with the member who said Trump has been great for American trade deals.

Trudeau is an idiot that needs to be kicked to the curb next election.

Damn... I wish Maxime Bernier had won leadership of Conservative party.😕 Instead of sticking with the party , he has split independently , and he is a brilliant man.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

it also shows Canada's resilience. and no one takes trump's threats seriously anymore because his first year he did nothing but threaten other countries and no action. not even NK gave 2 squirts of piss over his 'destroy ' threats.

Trudeau agreed when the lube made it sensitive for all parties involved, not just trump's ego.

big win for the rest of the world in consolidating fair trade practices....threats don't work, sorry trump, things get done best the old fashion way: bilateral relations.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Ain't opinions great?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I try to go as local as possible if I can(within my province)...its hard when I like bananas though.
I am less weary in the countries exporting bananas, than I ever will of what the US pumps out.

The American government scares the crap out of me.
If they don't give a rat's ass about their own citizens,I can only imagine what they will export to us.

I think it is rare in this day and age, when a government puts humanitarian motives above economic motives, and that is a sad reality.

As for drinking milk as adults...that is a good question.
For me,I have a very fast metabolism so if I need to put weight on,I have to eat like a monster and drink 4 liters of milk every day and a half or so to compensate for my metabolism....it also helps my stomach issues.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

In mexico 90% of people can read....don't know in Canada ?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

99%

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Me red god.

Hmm.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You also dislike people giving credit where credit is due .. if it goes to Trump.

Nope. As you can see from my first post here. I wish we were in the Pit so I could say what I REALLY think about you Trumpeteers.

How about you really say who you think was the main driving force for this, who was it?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

How about you really say who you think was the main driving force for this, who was it?

The one that had a problem. Trump. He initiated this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join