It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada agrees to changes in NAFTA Looks like a win win for everyone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I had wondered how this would work out with Canada after the USA and Mexico reached an agreement. The agreement still has to be voted upon by congress however as early as the news that is being reported the Canadian dollar took a jump for the positive.
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well it was just the milk issue that was holding things up and it's resolved. "Milk. It does a treaty good."

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I am scared of American milk.
I try not to buy American produce,meat or anything coming from America.

I figure if they poison their own people with Monsanto,I don't want anything from that country on my plate...not even a juicy steak.

They are saying that the US has an oversupply of milk.
Now I have to try to stay away from the milk too??

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Nothing to me. I hate the stuff. To quote Lewis Black, "I'm an adult. I don't have to drink that # anymore."

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

I figure if they poison their own people with Monsanto,I don't want anything from that country on my plate...not even a juicy steak.

Be glad Americans don’t feel the same way. Oh, Canadian cars aren’t as safe as American, your wood products hurt our industry, how about your call centers hurt the American economy? See o can make up ridiculous things too to avoid free and open trade. There are 371 million Americans and what 25 million Canadians, most of which are either between Niagara Falls and Montreal or on the west coast? Do you want free and unfettered trade? Or only when it’s beneficial to you? Either you open your market up or you protect it. You can’t have it both ways.

Camain

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I always liked going into Canada. I loved drinking their imported beers like Coors and Bud. They are a kindhearted people. Glad the issue has been resolved. If we vote it ok, that will be good. mexico......meh......

a reply to: 727Sky

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
All Trump seems to know how to do is win. Wonder how the MSM will attack him over this.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
All Trump seems to know how to do is win. Wonder how the MSM will attack him over this.

Yes. Trump was the only one working on this.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Let's be honest here.
Obama likely didn't write a single page of the affordable care act.
It's still known as Obamacare. His baby.

Trump owns this trade deal in the same sense.
Good or bad, it's his baby.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Are you saying Trump was not the driving force for this? Who was?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain

Be glad Americans don’t feel the same way. Oh, Canadian cars aren’t as safe as American, your wood products hurt our industry, how about your call centers hurt the American economy? See o can make up ridiculous things too to avoid free and open trade. There are 371 million Americans and what 25 million Canadians, most of which are either between Niagara Falls and Montreal or on the west coast? Do you want free and unfettered trade? Or only when it’s beneficial to you? Either you open your market up or you protect it. You can’t have it both ways.

Camain

Canada doesn't allow bovine growth hormone..america does. I personally don't want american milk being mixed with canadian milk.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Let's lobby together to get it banned here in the US.

I see milk her advertised as being free of it, so not all US milk has it.
edit on 1-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Camain

Canada doesn't allow bovine growth hormone..america does. I personally don't want american milk being mixed with canadian milk.

Dont worry, you Canucks can take care of the side effects with all that legal weed.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Are you saying Trump was not the driving force for this? Who was?

You DO know there are 2 other countries involved here, right? On a related note water continues to go over Niagara Falls. Trump wins again.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

a reply to: DrumsRfun

Nothing to me. I hate the stuff. To quote Lewis Black, "I'm an adult. I don't have to drink that # anymore."

Ummm...yeah...me neither...

But cheese...I just couldn't function without cheese...and Poutine would be relegated to fries with gravy...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What's your point? I said Trump was the driving force. You can't say who was, but know it was not Trump.

Trump on Friday formally informed Congress of his intent to enter into a trade deal with Mexico, with the notice adding the administration hopes Canada would be added to the new pact later.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Sure sounds like Canada was leading the charge.
edit on 1-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Camain

That’s fine I personally own 100 acres of woodland, I don’t want canadaian wood coming down either. It depresses the market. Further, I don’t like parts being made in Canada for cars then shipped to the USA. I lost a job back in the day cause my call center was outsourced to Canada. So I don’t like that either. I’ll reiterate, either you are protectionistic and therefor don’t want the trade, or your open and there is the free flow of goods. Pick one and stick with it. Most Americans are tired of getting crapped on on trade deals. Everyone wants what’s beneficial to them, yet they don’t want the bad. You can’t have it both ways.

Camain

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

It would be interesting to look at the life expectancy of both countries... Nope scratch that as Chicago, New Orleans, Baltimore, and Atlanta would throw those numbers way off. Maybe just cancer rates and not deaths per 100,000 ?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Speaking as an American who interacted heavily with Canadian call centers....they have a much more qualified workforce. If i were still in the industry, i'd be doing business with Canadians as well. The difference in quality of labor is striking to a ridiculous degree.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Anything but Indians.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join