It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody got a spare space rocket?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Maybe we could give these folks a hand?

Flat Earth Society's Mars Project

Or a cool couple of million to get them on their way...

Check out their other projects. Everyone can have their theories, but this takes it a BIT too far

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
lol what retards. Doesnt russia send ppl to space for like 5 mill? I think we could all give a few bucks to prove them wrong. I mean really you can evan see the Earth is round when your in the ocean.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

T minus 3... 2... 1... Liftoff! Oh crap. The world IS round. Well that was a waste of 5 billion. Tell you what, if anyone asks, the world IS flat, and we saw the green women battling against the Nazis.

Also, Read the FAQ on the site. for something to be infinite, it can't have edges. They reckon the world is in the shape of a pentagon.
Infinite but definite? And how can a pentagon have SIX corners? I thought a pentagon had 5 corners. hmmm....

Sure they can have an opinion. IF it's a well constructed one!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Flat earth society is a joke. Seroisly IT IS!

Take this for example from the faq

www.flat-earth.org...

This FAQ was compiled by Lee Harvey Oswald Smith, KSC EMF, Chairperson dei gratia, Flat Earth Society, with the assistance of members of the Society and independent researchers; last updated: 43 Cfn 3163

All I can say is

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm

I will get in touch with NASA but given their atitude when I asked for a ride on one of their rockets I doubt that they will be very co-operative. We could always try Star City in Russia but they are having financial problems of their own.

Maybe someone has friends at the White House who could have a word with those NASA guys.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Umm folks the Flat Earth Society is a sarcastic joke. They are not serious, but just like to poke fun at life. It is an intelectual excersize of likeminded individuals. Sure there are some who believe the nonsence but it is basicaly a fun joke for most members.

There are however some people who truly believe the world is flat though.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
hahah
i like the last few questions of their FAQ:

20. Does Idaho exist
No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).
21. What about North Dakota?
That doesn't exist either.
22. Any other places which are believed to exist but really don't?
Yes, Australia. And then there are the cryptogeographica, places such as Kadath, Carcosa, Hobbiton, Narnia, Hy-Brasil, Hell and such whose existence has not been satisfactorily proven.
This FAQ was compiled by Lee Harvey Oswald Smith, KSC EMF, Chairperson dei gratia, Flat Earth Society, with the assistance of members of the Society and independent researchers; last updated: 43 Cfn 3163

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
hahah
i like the last few questions of their FAQ:

20. Does Idaho exist
No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).
21. What about North Dakota?
That doesn't exist either.
22. Any other places which are believed to exist but really don't?
Yes, Australia. And then there are the cryptogeographica, places such as Kadath, Carcosa, Hobbiton, Narnia, Hy-Brasil, Hell and such whose existence has not been satisfactorily proven.

Oh now thats just made my day.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If I sail in a boat, and go in one direction, then I will end up where I started from. Early explorers discovered that YEARS ago. Likewise, if I fly in a plane in a straight line, then I would appear back where I started from.

16. Can ships be 'lost' at the edge of the Earth?
Yes, at least in places where there are no mountains preventing this from occurring. The edge of the Earth is, in places a tremendous waterfall, and anything going over the edge will disappear into the aether. This can also happen to aircraft which fly off the edge.

17. If large amounts of water disappear off the edge, where does all the water come from?
This is an argument for the theory that the Earth has a toroidal orbit. In a toroidal orbit, all the water which disappears off the edges falls back to Earth as rain when the Earth revolves about its orbit. This also means that the inhabitants of ships and aircraft lost in space will, in some occasions, return to Earth.

And also:

9. How long is the edge of the Earth?
The edge of the Earth is infinitely long.

10. Does this mean that the Earth has infinite area?
No, no more than England does. See Benoit Mandelbrot for more information.

Serious or not, we better call the men in the white coats to "Visit" them.

Oh, and also check out Unfolding the earth

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i knew Idaho didn't exist. i bet Iowa doesn't either

top topics

join