It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Many Kavanaugh Threads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't disagree at all that it's just one big circus show. I just think this notion that we shouldn't be discussing anything otherwise we're some sheep is silly. What else is there to do on ATS?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Look at the amount of hate and mud being thrown around over this story. You think that's healthy discussion? This forum has been divided into two camps over the past few years, camps that seem to despise each other. You think that has been good for this community? Or anything else for that matter?

Tell me, what good has come from arguing and bickering over every little thing the media tells us to argue and bicker over? Because that's exactly what has happened not just on these boards but out there in the real world as well. I've seen my coworkers get into arguments over the whole situation in Washington and the media, I've seen people I work with avoid one another just because of their political differences. Is that a good thing?

Nothing about it is healthy and this place is just going along with it as if it's normal. It's NOT normal and those in power control the narrative in the media and on these boards every day. But people are so blind to it it's sad.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Exactly. This whole circus is nothing more than a cover for other things happening "offstage".

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Seriously who GAF about Kavanaugh ? Y'all being treated to a senate soap opera ! As if it all depended on some allegation from years ago . Talk about milking 'metoo

He said , she said , just give it a rest . And wait for the result . Even our news it STILL giving it her redrum finger replete with froggy voice !
You're starting to think the sun is shining out of people's ass - bad men with foiled opinions and sealed agendas
Jeez has you never heard of controlled opposition ? What do they think do down at AIPAC ? Make up stories for you to 'grab your popcorn' over . To glue you to your telly with its controlled agenda !

At the end of the day , you're not the ones making the decisions , but the ones dragged into witnessing a case over which you have no say , and no control . As if it mattered . Someone , with an orange persuasion will eventually be able to say , 'Here's Johnny , your " tried and trusted SCJ " for the next x years . You'll suck it up , either way .
So two score and five Kavanaugh opinion threads later , and twice as many media babbles , we say 'Cease!'

Yep...I've been saying have a single all politics forum just for new threads...

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I was never a part of the left. I share values with both sides of the political spectrum including our 2nd amendment and having tighter immigration. My brother is one of those rabid leftists though and we get into it outside of here fairly often. He's the black to this boards' white.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You think mud-slinging just started? So what do you propose? Look, I don't disagree with you that it's all divisive bull#. I don't think ANYONE will disagree with you. It's not a secret.

I just think that constantly reminding us about it without offering a solution is just as futile as you think our discussion is. Me personally, I keep ATS separate from my real life. In no way do I let my discussions here on ATS leak out into the real world. But to your point of it happening in the real world, that will continue happening regardless if we discuss things here or not.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Look at the amount of hate and mud being thrown around over this story. You think that's healthy discussion? This forum has been divided into two camps over the past few years, camps that seem to despise each other. You think that has been good for this community? Or anything else for that matter?

Tell me, what good has come from arguing and bickering over every little thing the media tells us to argue and bicker over? Because that's exactly what has happened not just on these boards but out there in the real world as well. I've seen my coworkers get into arguments over the whole situation in Washington and the media, I've seen people I work with avoid one another just because of their political differences. Is that a good thing?

Nothing about it is healthy and this place is just going along with it as if it's normal. It's NOT normal and those in power control the narrative in the media and on these boards every day. But people are so blind to it it's sad.

WTF are you talking about? who started this #? you distance your self from the left? then answer the god damn question, who started this #? plain and simple
edit on 30 9 2018 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

There are plenty of solutions, I shouldn't have to give anyone a list. It should be obvious to those who are truly trying to get away from the narrative and hate. The first step to finding a solution is to realize it's all a charade, once that is realized the solution will be found individually.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Who cares who started it? I don't see anyone trying to end it, least of all those who are in Washington or in the White House. If you want to say the left started it then I could easily point to the 8 years the Republicans tried to smear Obama as the spark that led us to this point.

By the way, you sound angry. Who are you angry at? Who hurt you? I doubt anyone you see on TV has ever met you before yet here you are fighting over them about who is better or worse. Isn't that strange to you? To be defending or attacking someone you have no relationship to and don't even know?
edit on 9/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So what if I told you, that YOU yourself adds to the divisive rhetoric? Like I said earlier, stop acting like you're somehow above the bull#. You aren't. And stop acting like your own # doesn't stink. It does.

And this isn't meant to be a personal knock on you. This is just the reality of it, no matter how much you want to play the holy enlightened fence-sitter.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It seems you have a problem with my username because you seem to bring it up any chance you can. This account is over 6 years old, my attitude 6 years ago has no bearing on my attitude now. If I could go back I would probably choose a different name, but I can't so I'm stuck with this one. Unless I create another name, in which case I'm not going to do that.

The only reason I would be adding to the divisive rhetoric is if people don't like the idea of admitting they've been fooled. Like I said earlier, it's easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled. I seem to be understanding that quote more and more the longer I spend on these boards. People have dug their trenches so deep and invested so much emotionally into the narrative that they will fight anyone who tells them the "war" is not real but scripted and being used to make them act the way they are acting. They'd rather continue believing a lie than to admit they were fooled. Sad.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Who cares who started it? I don't see anyone trying to end it, least of all those who are in Washington or in the White House. If you want to say the left started it then I could easily point to the 8 years the Republicans tried to smear Obama as the spark that led us to this point.

By the way, you sound angry. Who are you angry at? Who hurt you? I doubt anyone you see on TV has ever met you before yet here you are fighting over them about who is better or worse. Isn't that strange to you? To be defending or attacking someone you have no relationship to and don't even know?

it has every thing to do with who started it, look at whats going around, your second paragraph is laughable, im no where around you or near you

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

See look, more divisive rhetoric cemented inside your "black or white" dogma. It's only divisive because others can't admit they've been fooled, and has nothing to do with you parading around here like you're somehow above the rest of us and have it all figured out.

(again, you don't, and nothing you've done here has shown me otherwise)

Sad, indeed.

edit on 30-9-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
for real it's insane the amount of partisan bull**** that's taken over here what the hell happened?

What the hell happened?

GOOD Question, I am glad you asked.

A republican won the US presidency.

Those on the left are butt hurt and can't get over it.

Seriously, look at the time line.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Washington started it, Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin and are bribed by the same corporations and people. To act as if both parties aren't complicit in this crap show is disingenuous at worst and ignorant at best.

I wasn't talking about me by the way, I was talking about the drama in Washington and the actors participating in the production. Lots of people around here seem to be defending or attacking people they have never met. Weird isn't it? How can anyone act so sure about someone they don't know at all other than what the media wants to show of them?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

has nothing to do with you parading around here like you're somehow above the rest of us and have it all figured out. 

Yet I have a feeling that you "reward" certain members on these boards for the exact things you are accusing me of right now.

Your perception of me is not who I am by the way, how you perceive me is a product of me having a different opinion than you, it has no bearing on my actual intentions or thoughts.

I wonder how many people there are who think they are "better" and "smarter" than leftists/liberals that you cheer on every day around here? Probably a lot more than I do for most leftists in these boards

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

has nothing to do with you parading around here like you're somehow above the rest of us and have it all figured out. 

Yet I have a feeling that you "reward" certain members on these boards for the exact things you are accusing me of right now.

Your perception of me is not who I am by the way, how you perceive me is a product of me having a different opinion than you, it has no bearing on my actual intentions or thoughts.

I wonder how many people there are who think they are "better" and "smarter" than leftists/liberals that you cheer on every day around here? Probably a lot more than I do for most leftists in these boards

In all honesty, I do.

No offence, but I see liberals (progressive mostly) as adults that never fully matured mentally. They are like children in many ways.

It is like somewhere between the ages of 13 and 17 their minds stopped developing.

I do not mean this as an insult, but I understand many will see it as such.

Arguing with liberals is like arguing with a headstrong teen who think they know better than their parents.

You can point out all the holes in their argument but they refuse to see it, because they want their way and that is that.

They are all about "feelings" and in reality, that is not how things work.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I'm not accusing you of anything, it's right there for everyone to see. And I think who I "reward" is irrelevant.

I'm sure there are many people who think they're smarter than others. Hell, I do. But the difference is I'm not pretending my # doesn't stink. I know exactly who and what I am and have no qualms about it.

You on the other hand, have shown me to be the exact opposite.

The only reason I would be adding to the divisive rhetoric is if people don't like the idea of admitting they've been fooled

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

You sound exactly like what you're describing. You and liberals have more in common than you seem to know, a lot more.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Trust me, I know I can be a little antagonistic, I've never denied that. I guess you consider that to be someone's # stinking? What exactly stinks about me? Honest question, just so I can get a better idea if what you mean.

And yes, who you reward on these boards is definitely relevant when you're accusing me of thinking I'm better than other people (which is wrong). Why? Because it could possibly mean you're a massive hypocrite for rewarding one person who thinks they're better or smarter than others then chastising another for the same exact perceived characteristic.

You didn't deny it so i assume I was right, you do reward those who talk down about certain demographics as if they are inferior to their own. Be honest with yourself, you don't have to admit anything to me or anyone else here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join