It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Many Kavanaugh Threads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Whataboutism is boring.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It is new, people are so invested in the media's narrative it's sad. This place used to barely touch what the media wanted us talking about, now it's all this place seems to care about. This place has changed a lot over the past 3 or so years, a lot. You wouldn't know though, unless you have multiple accounts here.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I can't even count the number of times you've said "but Hillary" or "but Obama". Hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well if you're comparing the current state of ATS to the ATS of old, then obviously it has changed. But it isn't new. I lurked for well over a decade before I signed up, so I do know. My point is, complaining about ATS becoming a parrot of the media is pointless. There are only so many times we can rehash the same fringe topics over and over. This place would be pretty quiet if we didn't discuss current events.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How many times has Clinton been investigated over the past 4 years? Like I said, you seem to have set a double standard for your person of choice.

I for one, will commend you on your work with not taking partisan sides and "buying into the divide they are pushing".

Your integrity is only overshadowed by your perceived intelligence.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I can't even count the number of times you've said "but Hillary" or "but Obama". Hypocrite.

And here you are admitting to being a Hypocrite. The bar you set is high sir.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Current events that are catered to by the very same media this pace claims to not trust. Ironic isn't it? My issue is the fact that people continuously complain about the media around here but are so blinded by their partisanship that they fail to see they're acting exactly how the media has programmed them to act, namely their blatant partisanship.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Oh stop it. Stop acting like what we're seeing around here is new, and stop acting like you're somehow above the bull#. Your # stinks too.

What you’re smelling is beyond “stink”...

There are quite a few people I won’t even bother responding to on this site because they’re either beyond ignorant or intentionally playing stupid to bait a response... 3NL13S is about the worst...

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Here comes the online gang to try and shout me down again. This happens in literally every thread that I come into, the same members coming in and trying to gang up on me. Good luck with that.

I find it astounding how you guys keep saying I think I'm smarter than you simply by giving my opinion. I don't think I'm smarter than anyone, I just think you guys are being misled by the very same people you claim to trust the least. Ironic and sad.

Kavanaugh doesn't care about you anymore than Clinton does. He's playing his part in this charade and you guys have bought into it hook, line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The problem is you're trying to make it so black & white, when in reality it's not that simple. People have minds of their own, believe it or not. Just because we discuss what the media feeds us, does not mean we are somehow falling for it. It is up to us to take in the information and discern for ourselves.

But honestly, what do you expect us to do? Sit back and not discuss anything? Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Good thing I or anyone else doesn't really care about your opinion.

No one cares about my opinion either, which I don't care. But the fact that you guys are saying that I'm the "worst" pretty much confirms that I'm right, especially with the amount of hate I get around here only for calling it a sideshow to keep people preoccupied. People love their fiction though I guess.

It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled.
edit on 9/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Black and white? Look at any thread on the front page right now and you'll see plenty of people making it black and white.

The media is covering this stuff 24/7 for a reason, so that people such as the ones on this site get caught up in the show and ignore everything else. No one on TV nor anyone being talked about on TV are the ones running the show they are simply actors playing their parts.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

See look, you're only proving my point.

You see somebody create a thread and automatically assume it's because they've fell for the trap.

I don't think you fully understand what I mean when I say black & white. I say this to you, because you leave no room outside of your rhetoric to the possibility that we just want to discuss current events. With you, anyone that wants to discuss it must be some sort of sheep.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The media is talking about it because they want us talking about it. Do you understand that concept? Not being patronizing it's an honest question.

Why talk about what the media wants us to if we don't trust them or their agenda? See where I'm coming from yet? You are falling for it if you claim to not trust the media yet continue to argue and bicker over who is right or wrong in the story they're covering.

This place isn't just discussing it, we are taking sides. There's a difference, surely you know that.
edit on 9/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Black and white? Look at any thread on the front page right now and you'll see plenty of people making it black and white.

The media is covering this stuff 24/7 for a reason, so that people such as the ones on this site get caught up in the show and ignore everything else. No one on TV nor anyone being talked about on TV are the ones running the show they are simply actors playing their parts.
It is almost as if the American people have just accepted that this is how “big government” is supposed to operate.
As for the rest of us, the fatcats in Washington D.C. see absolutely nothing wrong with taxing us into oblivion in order to keep the big government that they have created running smoothly.
How long can such a lopsided system possibly continue?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The media is talking about it because they want us talking about it. Do you understand that concept? Not being patronizing it's an honest question.

I wasn't born yesterday. Again, how is this anything new? It's been this way since it's inception. I'd even argue this is the reason it was created for.

Why talk about what the media wants us to if we don't trust them or their agenda? See where I'm coming from yet? You are falling for it if you claim to not trust the media yet continue to argue and bicker over who is right or wrong in the story they're covering.

Again, what do you expect us to do? Sit back and remain silent? One thing you fail to realize, is that behind the facade lies real underlying issues worth discussing.

This place isn't just discussing it, we are taking sides. There's a difference, surely you know that.

Again, what's new?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

What are we doing by sitting in our chairs arguing over it? Honest question. What is anyone doing by sitting in a chair as a spectator? We'd be doing just as much ignoring the story than we are now following it.

Admit it, talking is not the same as taking action. This show is nothing more than a production to keep us in our seats. It's working.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I watched you grow from rabid leftist to figuring out it's all bs division.

Good job dude

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this is a discussion board, correct?

If we were sitting at my dinner table, you'd have a point and I'd agree with you. I live in one of the most (arguably the most) liberal places on earth and deal with a bunch of young liberals on a daily basis. I NEVER discuss politics with them and for good reason.

This is ATS man. Like I said, if we didn't discuss current events, it would be really quiet around here.

edit on 30-9-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I don't think there are even underlying issues anymore to talk about.
It's 24-7 political.

Media is bought.

Look at the gov spending bill. Passed on Fri, I think.

The important policy changes are now being hidden with butt-toucher drama.

Dangerous times.

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join