It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellyanne Conway: #metoo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yoi don't believe Conway, because Trump.

What is wrong with you guys? I never said I don't believe Conway. I said I have no reason not to believe her.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Well, that is terrible to hear, and I commend her for coming public with it. I hope Kellyanne has been able to get some justice and some closure after it, as every person deserves.

It's terrible people make excuses for this behavior, try to rationalize it and call others names just for standing up for these brave individuals -- imagine yourself doing this in front of hundreds of millions of people. I think sexual assault is far more prevalent than we think and this is just the beginning. They deserve to be heard, they deserve to have an investigation if enough credible evidence is presented.

#metoo seems to have become the counter to #MAGA. We'll see which one prevails.

MAGA, in effect, sings praises to a time that #metoo is trying to expose -- a time where sexual crimes were not only common, it was routine to cover them up and make women appear nuts. A male dominant society.

So, I see why MAGA supporters have a rough time with the #metoo movement, they are polar opposites; but I would also imagine it puts them in a precarious position, as some are women and can probably relate to the #metoo supporters.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: network dude

It's not for me to worry about. As I said, she isn't trying to get anything for her story. If she was, then it would become an issue. Asking is fine, insinuating is another story, and I think you are smart enough to know which one you did.

yeah whatever

its not for you to worry about
but you are having a discussion on a discussion board until someone asks a direct question.

figures

LOL, if it makes you feel fuzzy, I'll say I have no reason to doubt her story. It's not like she sprung it on a supreme court justice confirmation hearing or anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Y'all are childish. The name calling does nothing, just stop.

I've said it from the beginning... the way Christine Ford and Brett Kavanaugh have been treated is absolutely disgusting. I'm ashamed of my fellow Americans. I'm ashamed of those we put in office. I'm ashamed of the MOCKERY that we've made our entire country. It's absolutely without a doubt the most asinine thing I have seen in all my years.

Christine Ford deserved to be heard. She deserved to have her anonymity preserved. She deserves to be treated with respect and her story to be honored. She did not receive that. What she received was a vile plot by the democrats. She was used for political gain. Her pain was used as a tool. Absolutely disgusting. And the right piled insult after insult, attacking her credibility and mental stability. Refusing to even acknowledge the possibility of truthfulness.

Brett Kavanaugh deserved to be heard. He deserved the chance to fairly defend his name. Having served honorably for 12 years in the public spotlight, he damn sure deserves the decency of being presumed innocent until otherwise proven. He hasn't received that respect. He hasn't been shown any type of dignified response. He's been heinously accused over and over. Every explanation is immediately touted as a lie. It's absolutely disgusting and makes me want to move.

This country has sh** all over itself. Now we're just smearing it on each other.

A2D
edit on 30-9-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Well said

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Y'all are childish. The name calling does nothing, just stop.

I've said it from the beginning... the way Christine Ford and Brett Kavanaugh have been treated is absolutely disgusting. I'm ashamed of my fellow Americans. I'm ashamed of those we put in office. I'm ashamed of the MOCKERY that we've made our entire country. It's absolutely without a doubt the most asinine thing I have seen in all my years.

Christine Ford deserved to be heard. She deserved to have her anonymity preserved. She deserves to be treated with respect and her story to be honored. She did not receive that. What she received was a vile plot by the democrats. She was used for political gain. Her pain was used as a tool. Absolutely disgusting. And the right piled insult after insult, attacking her credibility and mental stability. Refusing to even acknowledge the possibility of truthfulness.

Brett Kavanaugh deserved to be heard. He deserved the chance to fairly defend his name. Having served honorably for 12 years in the public spotlight, he damn sure deserves the decency of being presumed innocent until otherwise proven. He hasn't received that respect. He hasn't been shown any type of dignified response. He's been heinously accused over and over. Every explanation is immediately touted as a lie. It's absolutely disgusting and makes me want to move.

This country has sh** all over itself. Now we're just smearing it on each other.

A2D

This is what I've seen recently....

...and it is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: Willtell
Who raped her Trump?

How classy of you.

Oh, I see, you guys can mock Ms. Ford ALL DAY AND NIGHT

But when I do the same to Kellyanne it’s a problem

Did you do the same to all those, thousands on ATS posts, that mocked Ms. Ford?

Thanks for taking the bait

Isn't baiting against the t&c?

It depends if one was trolling whist baiting.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Well, that is terrible to hear, and I commend her for coming public with it. I hope Kellyanne has been able to get some justice and some closure after it, as every person deserves.

It's terrible people make excuses for this behavior, try to rationalize it and call others names just for standing up for these brave individuals -- imagine yourself doing this in front of hundreds of millions of people. I think sexual assault is far more prevalent than we think and this is just the beginning. They deserve to be heard, they deserve to have an investigation if enough credible evidence is presented.

#metoo seems to have become the counter to #MAGA. We'll see which one prevails.

MAGA, in effect, sings praises to a time that #metoo is trying to expose -- a time where sexual crimes were not only common, it was routine to cover them up and make women appear nuts. A male dominant society.

So, I see why MAGA supporters have a rough time with the #metoo movement, they are polar opposites; but I would also imagine it puts them in a precarious position, as some are women and can probably relate to the #metoo supporters.

Y’all got a very twisted understanding of Make America Great Again. Willful ignorance I suspect.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wont be long before the left says she had it coming.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

She's not a Democrat. No one will care.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Lumenari

Get off your high horse.
Did she report it?, if not it didn't happen..according to all the righties here.

Not on a high horse sweetie.

Just telling you what the new standard is, according to the left.

Persons such as yourself cheered when that hole was dug this month.

Now you have to live in it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Right..assume much? you know what they say about that. Feel free to show me cheering about any of this. I'm a centerist..if anything.
I have me own standards and it has sweet f all to with what what any cheerleading imbecile for left or right thinks.
edit on 30-9-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Right..assume much? you know what they say about that. Feel free to show me cheering about any of this. I'm a centerist..if anything.
I have me own standards and it has sweet f all to with what what any cheerleading imbecile for left or right thinks.

No offense, but as a centrist, none of this should matter to you. You don't have a pony in this show. You choose to ride the fence. Now, either pick a side or your opinion doesn't matter. That's what I love most about so called "centrists". Never accountable, but always critical.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone
I'm a slightly left leaning centerist I suppose, there are some things the right believe in that resonate with me, and some things from the left.
I don't think I have picked a side really, I speak as a human being, not a political drone.
I'm not going to dismiss Fords claim, nor would I dismiss Conway, whether either of them reported it or not..tough thing to go through, many women would just want to bury it and move on.

I have no idea what to make of the situation, but I'm sure the Dems have tried to weaponize this, and use Ford.
I feel like something did happen to her though(Ford), was it Kavanaugh..I don't know, no one knows, other than those two.
If he is innocent(not convinced one way or another) may a wold of hurt come down on anybody who willingly tries to destroy someone like that.
edit on 30-9-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Whoa whoa. I'm a centrist and I completely disagree with your statement. "Pick a side or your opinion doesnt matter" sounds like a big pile of stinky rubbish. Telling someone their opinion doesnt matter because they're not 1 of 2 parties.....you should feel ashamed.

A2D

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

Whoa whoa. I'm a centrist and I completely disagree with your statement. "Pick a side or your opinion doesnt matter" sounds like a big pile of stinky rubbish. Telling someone their opinion doesnt matter because they're not 1 of 2 parties.....you should feel ashamed.

A2D

Nope. Sorry. No shame at all. Your opinion doesn't matter. But you know what? That's my opinion. Sorry, not sorry it got you all sorts of triggered. Toughen up buttercup. In the end, does it all really matter?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Just because someone disagrees with your statement doesnt mean they're triggered. You're so far out of touch with reality it's actually a little impressive.

A2D

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Conway claims to have been a victim of sexual assault. She did not report the assault when it occurred.

That was her decision (right?) to make, in accordance with her circumstances at the time.

She refuses to name her attacker.

Again, her decision/right to make that choice for whatever her reason(s) may be.

My question is this:

If a sexual assault, or even an actual rape, occurs, but the incident is not reported, perhaps even by witnesses,

Is the attacker still guilty of the attack?

The law says “innocent until proven guilty”, but that is merely the minimum standard that must be met before criminal punishment may be inflicted.

(It might be useful to note that “innocence” is not the universal presumption in all cases. For example, under tax law a taxpayer must be able to substantiate their claims against the taxes owed for any deductions; in essence, they must “prove” their “innocence” of the tax burden, it is not presumed)

This is a very “slippery slope” to consider.

On one hand, we cannot allow lives and reputations to be ruined on the basis of mere accusations; for humans being the morally imperfect creaturest that they are, are often tempted to accuse their fellows of calumny for selfish and spiteful purposes.

On the other hand, if we allow sexual predators, rapists, and others of such ilk to roam freely among us, simply because their crimes have not been reported, we risk a dank and dangerous society.

I found Dr. Ford’s testimony both compelling and believable. And although I found judge Kavanaugh’s testimony a bit thin and far too melodramatic, there was nothing in his testimony that was obviously fabricated.

But how could both be true?

Perhaps the truth lies in perception and intent.

It was quite clear that Dr. Ford perceived the incident in question as an assault, sexual in nature, and as she testified, committed at the hands of judge Kavanaugh.

For his part, judge Kavanaugh completely denies that the assault ever occurred.

There was once a vigorous debate as to whether the interrogation technique known as “water-boarding” was actually a form of torture, which would have been prohibited. Supporters of the technique’s continued use sometimes volunteered to submit to being water-boarded to prove it was not, in fact, a form of torture, despite being an unpleasant experience.

What they never discussed was that their brief experiences, regardless of the discomfort, were administered entirely under their own control; they knew for a certainty that they would be released immediately upon their command.

Victims of torture do not have that reassurance.

In fact, it is that very lack of control that makes torture by any method so compelling.

Loss of control over one’s circumstances can immediately turn almost any uncomfortable situation into a form of torture, or assault.

All this is to posit that, perhaps, at some party in the eighties Kavanaugh, perhaps with a bit too much beer under his teenage belt, engaged in what he and his male friends would have considered just a bit of “horseplay”, a little harmless “fooling around” with one of the girls at a party, a face he did not recognize, but then why would he, this wasn’ meant as anything serious.

Dr. Ford did not know the intent of the older boy pinning her to the bed, couldn’t know the intent, did not have control of the situation and thus her perception of the event is much darker.

If, and it is admittedly a very big IF, this proves to be what actually happened, how are we to decide whether an assault took place or if it was just a case of over-reaction and mis-perception of intent?

To who do we give the “benefit of doubt”, and why?

More importantly, what effect will our decision have on the future of our society?
edit on 1-10-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

No one gives a crap for "your standards"

Prove them.

They are nothing but your own fantasy and lived by you only.

The fence won't save you. Eventually you will fall off to one side or the other.

Kinda cowardly.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Conway claims to have been a victim of sexual assault. She did not report the assault when it occurred.

That was her decision (right?) to make, in accordance with her circumstances at the time.

She refuses to name her attacker.

Again, her decision/right to make that choice for whatever her reason(s) may be.

My question is this:

If a sexual assault, or even an actual rape, occurs, but the incident is not reported, perhaps even by witnesses,

Is the attacker still guilty of the attack?

The law says “innocent until proven guilty”, but that is merely the minimum standard that must be met before criminal punishment may be inflicted.

(It might be useful to note that “innocence” is not the universal presumption in all cases. For example, under tax law a taxpayer must be able to substantiate their claims against the taxes owed for any deductions; in essence, they must “prove” their “innocence” of the tax burden, it is not presumed)

This is a very “slippery slope” to consider.

On one hand, we cannot allow lives and reputations to be ruined on the basis of mere accusations; for humans being the morally imperfect creaturest that they are, are often tempted to accuse their fellows of calumny for selfish and spiteful purposes.

On the other hand, if we allow sexual predators, rapists, and others of such ilk to roam freely among us, simply because their crimes have not been reported, we risk a dank and dangerous society.

I found Dr. Ford’s testimony both compelling and believable. And although I found judge Kavanaugh’s testimony a bit thin and far too melodramatic, there was nothing in his testimony that was obviously fabricated.

But how could both be true?

Perhaps the truth lies in perception and intent.

It was quite clear that Dr. Ford perceived the incident in question as an assault, sexual in nature, and as she testified, committed at the hands of judge Kavanaugh.

For his part, judge Kavanaugh completely denies that the assault ever occurred.

There was once a vigorous debate as to whether the interrogation technique known as “water-boarding” was actually a form of torture, which would have been prohibited. Supporters of the technique’s continued use sometimes volunteered to submit to being water-boarded to prove it was not, in fact, a form of torture, despite being an unpleasant experience.

What they never discussed was that their brief experiences, regardless of the discomfort, were administered entirely under their own control; they knew for a certainty that they would be released immediately upon their command.

Victims of torture do not have that reassurance.

In fact, it is that very lack of control that makes torture by any method so compelling.

Loss of control over one’s circumstances can immediately turn almost any uncomfortable situation into a form of torture, or assault.

All this is to posit that, perhaps, at some party in the eighties Kavanaugh, perhaps with a bit too much beer under his teenage belt, engaged in what he and his male friends would have considered just a bit of “horseplay”, a little harmless “fooling around” with one of the girls at a party, a face he did not recognize, but then why would he, this wasn’ meant as anything serious.

Dr. Ford did not know the intent of the older boy pinning her to the bed, couldn’t know the intent, did not have control of the situation and thus her perception of the event is much darker.

If, and it is admittedly a very big IF, this proves to be what actually happened, how are we to decide whether an assault took place or if it was just a case of over-reaction and mis-perception of intent?

To who do we give the “benefit of doubt”, and why?

More importantly, what effect will our decision have on the future of our society?

As Gil Grissom always said, "follow the evidence"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join