It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presumption of innocence is whats at stake.

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
These allegations will haunt Kavanaugh for the rest of his life whether or not he gets confirmed. These allegations could in fact end his career and prevent him from remaining on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. This is why the presumption of innocence is so critical. I am not trying to say that these allegations are true or not. Like everyone aside from Ford, Kavanaugh, and Judge, I have no idea what happened or what didn't happen that night. Through all of this noise I have felt like I am watching a live action rendition of The Crucible. Whether we are talking about the 1692 Salem which trials, Mccarthyism in the 1950s, or the Kavanaugh hearings in 2018, the presumption of guilt over innocence has always been a dangerous precedent. If the allegations are true then I will be the first to say that Kavanaugh needs to be crucified. However, the push to destroy a mans life, career, and family based on hearsay allegations with no evidence, corroboration, or proof is an extremely dangerous position to support for all Americans.

I am curious what the ATS community thinks. Am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PubertJohnston

I am convinced that her testimony would not be nearly enough for a judge to allow this to go to trial. I’m not even sure it’s enough to start an investigation. Which is why she never went to the proper authorities and filed a claim. If I made a claim about Diane Feinstein, do you really think they would set me down in front of a bunch of senators to let me tell that story?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If we no longer have the presumption of innocence before being proven guilty then we are no longer a nation of laws.

As such, we may keep the name the United States of America, but we will no longer be operating under the principles that made it in the first place.

This will undo us as a nation.

This issue is the most serious one we currently face as a country and needs fixed.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i am watching her testimony and it sucks.
full of holes

for me the best part is it was mid 80s then late 80s then 82 then she couldnt remember

then in the bathroom she heard them talking but when asked said she didnt but assumed they were

and for the win she is afraid to fly but then when asked she admits she flies to DC once a year. admits she has flown to hawaii, costa rica and french polynesia..

why?

surfing.

but some important # like this..... eh
too afraid to fly

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Democrats are trying to change the rules.

They are using the MeToo movement as an excuse to rile up people and create lynch mobs. They are using the accusations as a weapon, even with no proof of truth.

They are using this tactic more and more often. They expect the accused to crumble and withdraw instead of fighting back. Everyone needs to do what Kavanaugh did and stand up to them.

This can not be permitted to continue. Bullies and mob rule are not how this country should function. And our country will certainly never be the same if the norm becomes guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've reached the point that I just don't give a damn anymore.

We had a president that assaulted multiple women and even lied under oath and still was defended by his party and lots of women. His wife referred to them as whores if memory serves.

But hey, a drunk teenager thinks she might have been touched by another college kid,.
Maybe, could have been, doesn't really remember when or where.
Why isn't she a whore?

I don't have much respect for the GOP anymore but all the Dems have is pathetic attempts to sway public opinion. They set the standard for sexual misconduct years ago so now they better just suck it up and live with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
All good points. I do support the #metoo movement because anyone who commits sexual assault is the worse of the worst and they need to be put under the jail. I have heard alot of pundits equating the Kavanaugh allegations to the Bill Cosby crimes. This seems unfair and will ultimately do more harm to the #metoo than good. I am a child of the 80s, when I first heard the Cosby allegations it was very hard to believe that Cliff Huxtable could have possibly done these things. However, there was a plethora of evidence that in fact he is a violent sexual predator. This is a night and day companion to Kavanaugh and Ford. I would think that the fact that Ford has continually changed her story would be enough for any court or LEA to deem the allegations as not credible.
edit on 30-9-2018 by PubertJohnston because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Democrats are trying to change the rules.

They've succeeded.

They censor speech.

They ban firearms, and deny them to people only they have deemed worthy.

We're now guilty until proven innocent, and even if you try your still guilty, but 'angry white elitist.'

The Bill of Rights for the most part is shredded beyond all recognition.

Nazi ideology reigns supreme, and the ironic part is. It didn't come from the right.
edit on 30-9-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I agree with this. My opinion on who is right or wrong doesn't matter. I believe we have a system in place to deal with these things. We as a nation should believe in a person being innocent until proven guilty and not create special rules because of feelings. We don't need this witch hunt garbage with new forms of investigations or trial by media. We have the laws in place to deal with these things. Use the proper channels or I do not care what you say.
edit on 30-9-2018 by trustmeimdoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

One of the first ways to get America back on track is to ignore weirdos like these.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

glad to see you find the truth

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes, the presumption of innocence until PROVEN guilty.

The burden of proof is on the accuser.

It is a very dangerous tight rope with no net that the dems are balancing on.

I do not support the #meetoooot movement. A public platform is not the place to make accusations, 'speak your truth' or try to make your peace with an incident.

I do, however, believe that victims should report the assault and that they deserve the respect to be heard, believed and their allegations investigated. Privately. Not in public, not in msm, not on fudgebook or twatworld, not on the next dr. drew or phil or whatever show..... and definitely NOT to your local political representative

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

If it were a simple case of he said she said then there might be more doubt in my mind.. However all 4 named by Ford witness said it did not happen or they were not there.. Now it becomes 5 who say it did not happen and one who says it did. Odds are she is mistaken or a payed political anarchist.

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PubertJohnston
All good points. I do support the #metoo movement because anyone who commits sexual assault is the worse of the worst and they need to be put under the jail.

#Metoo

I have heard alot of pundits equating the Kavanaugh allegations to the Bill Cosby crimes. This seems unfair and will ultimately do more harm to the #metoo than good.

I am inclined to ask "Was a crime committed" seems the intent may have been

there.... but nothing but 'horse play' actually occurred? Two inexperienced

teens experimenting ..... as has happened since time began. Not a much older

man grooming a child, Not a man with money, power, and position (Weinstein)

forcing himself on inexperienced young girls, Not drugging someone to get

their way!!!

I would think that the fact that Ford has continually changed her story would be enough for any court or LEA to deem the allegations as not credible.

She is a mature woman trying to get people to believe her 'little girl' act....

of something which if intended didnt actually come to fruition.

Does anyone know if she actually talks like that in real life?

Hardly inviting confidence in a business setting.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I do agree that her little girl act and everything she said and did was carefully crafted to elicit maximum response. Personally I do not believe her accusations because of the same reasons 727Sky said. It is currently 5 to1 that it did not happen. There has been alot of pundits saying that they believe her because what does she have to gain by coming forward. My question to them is what do all the witnesses have to gain by lying?

The biggest tell for me that she was not credible and that she was scripted was when she said she didnt know anything about polygraph tests. Are we to honestly believe that someone with a PhD in Psychology has never studied polygraph testing?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PubertJohnston

These allegations will haunt Kavanaugh for the rest of his life whether or not he gets confirmed. These allegations could in fact end his career and prevent him from remaining on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. This is why the presumption of innocence is so critical. I am not trying to say that these allegations are true or not. Like everyone aside from Ford, Kavanaugh, and Judge, I have no idea what happened or what didn't happen that night. Through all of this noise I have felt like I am watching a live action rendition of The Crucible. Whether we are talking about the 1692 Salem which trials, Mccarthyism in the 1950s, or the Kavanaugh hearings in 2018, the presumption of guilt over innocence has always been a dangerous precedent. If the allegations are true then I will be the first to say that Kavanaugh needs to be crucified. However, the push to destroy a mans life, career, and family based on hearsay allegations with no evidence, corroboration, or proof is an extremely dangerous position to support for all Americans.

I am curious what the ATS community thinks. Am I missing something?

Yeah I think we should CRUSH anyone we feel that doesn't measure up to the court of public opinion.

Its only natural, right Pontius?

top topics

join