It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crossing the halfway line

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi,

I'm in my early 40's, have 2 kids and a 3rd on the way. I've been married 10 years now.

I enjoy conspiracy theories, ghost stories, paranormal research and also technology/science.

Although i'm not religious, I believe there is something else we don't understand.

In my early 20's I started experiencing things. I went to a psychic who told me I had the gift.
Somethings she told me were true. a lot of stuff was vague though. She invited me to her group, at a spiritualist church, which was an open group for the public to discuss and share stories, experiences and opinions.

People talking about talking to aliens, witchcraft, creating spells, demons, seeing dead people like the film 6th sense.

In my 20 odd years of being a medium, I have not once sensed anything evil, been contacted by aliens or 'seen' a dead person. My mum has turned into some type of witch though and makes spells. However, none of them worked.

Her 'cloak of protection' failed when she told me her new boyfriend had a conviction but would never tell me what it was. I said I would ask the other side. She said her spell would prevent it. Nope, told her exactly what it was and she was not happy. After that she would tell people I was too powerful. But I digress.

I went to the group a few times but it really put me off getting involved in this particular area. I had already decided I was not going back, when the old woman who ran the group approached me to say they had a closed group on a different night. Invitation only. She had been watching and thought I had something.

So, I went to the closed group. This seemed a lot better. Most were experienced mediums and some were learning.

After about 6 months, I never went back. Most of the readings they gave were vague and generalised, and fished for info.

I started doing readings for people and making money. As I said, i'm not religious but some of the things I 'seen' told me there is something else.

I described what people where wearing when they passed, what symptoms they had, their fondest memories of family. I didn't see them in front of me, I seen them as if it was my memory, always at a doorway of light. Nothing else. They would come and say what they had to say and go. I couldn't ask any questions, just relay what the message was.

After a couple of years, I decided to stop the readings. Even though I was accurate with a lot of info, people wanted to know the future. If I couldn't tell them, I was rubbish. Now, I can make predictions, not all the time, but I don't know where the info comes from.

My main story is this;

One day, my grandad gave me a message. My dad's dad. He was in his army uniform and was with another guy I didn't recognise. I tried to describe him to my dad but he didn't recognise him either.

The message was simple. This is my friend. This happened several times over a period of months.

I was now in my late 20's and still single. Bored, drifting and getting lonely. I asked the other side, when will I meet her? Soon they said.
Whenever I asked, it was always soon. I made a request. I asked for slim, blonde, intelligent, non smoker, no kids and one other thing. I knew this was extremely unlikely but I asked anyway. I agreed if it would happen I would do whatever they wanted.

I met a few girls here and there. Never made that connection though. I was friendly with a group of girls at work who were all friends. One was single but she had problems with guys in the past. She would come over to my desk a lot and just talk. Her friends would have that look with a smile.

One day, instead of soon, they gave me a name. It was her name, the description sort of matched also.

But, one weekend I met a girl. A girl who I sometimes seen on the bus. We met in a club I went to every weekend with my friends. She approached and said Hi, I know you. We spent the weekend together and arranged to meet the following Thursday in the club. I didn't go to the club on Thursdays as I worked. She was a student and went every Thursday. She didn't normally go on the weekend so we wouldn't have met otherwise.
Also, the Friday was valentines day.

On Monday, I told the girls I worked with. They were happy for me. They must have told the other girl as she came nowhere near me all week and gave me dirty looks across the office.

Thursday was a disaster. The phone number she gave me was a dud. I went to the club anyway and she was there with a group of friends. They stayed in a group and she did see me. Eventually, she came over and asked why I hadn't called her. I showed her the number she typed on my phone. It was a digit missing. We talked and I went to get her a drink. Now, I was sober at this point, 1am and knew I had to get home soon as I had to get up for work.

I was walking back towards her when I tripped on something. No idea what. I went flying, the drinks went flying and I landed on a table, almost knocking myself out. The bouncers grabbed me and chucked me out. That was that, never seen her again.

Got up for work and had a big bruise on my neck which looked like a love-bite. The girls at work had a field day. The other girl gave me a funny look, I said hello but she literally ran away. I decided at that point I'd had enough and stayed away from her.

For months, she would tell people how I was ignoring her and she didn't know why, other times she told people what a horrible guy I was and treated her bad. Her friends stopped talking to her as well.

About a year later, the message was the same. It was soon and I would be with the name they gave me. We still worked together but didn't talk.

I went to different clubs in an effort to meet new people. And I did. I met a nice girl who told me she wasn't looking and just came out of a violent relationship. I told her about my experiences with girls and she smiled. I asked if she would be there the following week, she said yes but again she wasn't interested.

I asked her name. It was her. I gave her my number and said it was up to her, we could just talk. And we did, for weeks and weeks until we met up again. She told me it had been a hard year for her as the relationship had turned violent, her dad walked out on her mum and her grandad had died. She was very close to him.

She was slim, blonde, intelligent, non-smoker, no kids. The other thing I couldn't ask.

One night, during dinner, I asked if she would come back to mine. She said no. I didn't mention it again. After dinner, she told me something and said she understood if I didn't want to see her again. It was like time stood still and slammed me full on.

I wont disclose the final part of the request but it was a million to one shot. My full request had been granted.

We were engaged a year later and I met her family when we returned home. We were sitting in her grans house when I noticed a picture on the fireplace. It was a man in uniform. Her grandad. The man I seen with my grandad.

We've been married 10 years now and she knows all about me and the request I made. The only thing we don't understand is he was still alive when I seen him with my grandad but he did have dementia at that time and as far as we can tell, they didn't know each other.

As I said, there is something else but I don't know, or understand, what. All they've ever asked is I look after my wife and make her happy.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nostranova

Interesting. So you were never able to peer into the future, just the past. Do you think you were reading something directly from the person's memories or was it the spirits that were giving you the information?

It almost seems that with all of the talent you had, your greatest mission was to find a mate? You never had any other ambitions for your talents beyond that?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
omg.that was so funny. "none of them worked".
)

sorry.i am taking flu pills
) welcome.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla
You are an interesting one Damla. Maybe on meds, you will let something slip by mistake and I can get a glimpse into what makes you tick.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I am proud of myself for reading every word of your post.

That is crazy how your wish for the perfect mate came into being. I am glad for you.

So it is not weird that you saw a living person whom you presumed was dead.

About the paranormal, I see my dead dogs face everywhere but it started 2 years before she died. Prolly has something to do with we all die in the end and the afterlife is a place of no time. I myself may be a medium but my "powers" are out of my control and I wouldn't be able to give readings like you. Personally I have seen ghosts and aliens and it is not always a good thing.

Congratulations on moving the Universe to find your wife!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

huh?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I have often wondered the same thing. Was it info from the other side or was I reading the mind of the person in front of me? Sometimes though I would describe something that the person didn't recognise. Some people came back to me later to confirm it was correct. Others I never seen again.

I could only see what they showed me and generally was in the past.

As the title implies, I'm only halfway through my life so who knows what's to come, but so far yes. It seems I was destined to meet my wife and take care of her. I've only ever seen our lives a few years ahead at a time and met my little boy a few months before he was conceived.

The deal I made was I would do whatever they wanted so perhaps they have plans for me in the future that I don't, or cant, see?

I only ever wanted to help people and make them happy. Beyond that, no. Never had any ambition to be a TV medium or anything like that.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Yes, it is a thought I have had. The other side has no concept of time so once you pass you are always there? Maybe that's how they can pass messages about the future?

Before all this started I took pictures of me and my friends out in clubs. In a short space of time a few of the pics had spirits in them, a big spectral type cloud. One of the faces was an old family dog we had when I was young. All my family agreed it was him.

Does all life move on? I don't know.

My 'powers' are not under my control either, it just happens. I would say though, the longer I talk to someone, the stronger the connection gets. Then, I can sometimes look around.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Can you form emotional connections through this digital medium (forum) or is it no where as close of a connection as you form face to face?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

LOL

Good luck with that

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No it doesn't work for me. Tried it a couple of times, couldn't get anything.

Also tried psychometry but that didn't work either.

I've done group readings for a crowd of people a couple of times but that wasn't really any good. The connection didn't seem strong.

My best results is sitting with someone for about an hour.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Loved your intro! I have had many recurring dreams that have come true. You sound like a really interesting guy and I welcome you to our ATS family!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Very interesting and I really appreciate your responses. I hope you decide to stick around and bring some originality with you. One more question if I may, do your connections with others extend to the emotional? Can you feel another person's emotions when they are directed at you, such as hate or lust?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you. I have had dreams that have come true, not many though. I also have had a lot of dreams about being in a zombie attack. I love those dreams as I've always loved zombie films, way before Walking Dead appeared. Hope they don't come true lol.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Nostranova because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Thanks. I do have a lot of ideas and questions that I hope will create the some discussion.

Good question! It is my strong point. I feel what the other person feels. Pain, illness, fear etc.

I can get a good strong sense of someone's opinion of me and always know if someone likes me or not. I'm very good with behaviour and body language, it seems amplified sometimes and can be easy to read. Some are a bit harder.

The girl I mentioned that I worked with. I decided to stay away from her that day. Something just didn't feel right.

Months later, I found out she had reported me to the management for harassing her. She couldn't say what I was doing, just harassing her. So the management took no action at the time but they watched our interactions, which was none as I avoided her. After several months, my manager told me about the accusation and they didn't believe her as she had been seen at my desk regular, never the other way round. That's is why her friends in work no longer spoke to her.

If I may, I'll tell you what comes to mind when I read your posts. Could be someone around you, could be nothing.

A middle aged guy (never good with ages), bald/balding, greyish sides, checkered shirt, nice friendly smile. Seems like a gentleman.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Thank you for brightening my day. That was a real treat. I read a huge amount of sincerity through your words as well and would absolutely love to hang out with you for a while. Maybe in the next life. I bet you bring much happiness to those around you, even when they wish otherwise.

Middle aged guy I am and completely bald. Grey is in the beard but hasn't reached what is left of the hair on my head.

I am not sure if I am nice or not, but I try to be courteous to those I come into contact with. This life is simply amazing and the more so to see that people like you exist.

Peace to you and thank you.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

My pleasure.

Feel free to ask anything, anytime.

The energy I was picking up was warm & friendly that people felt comfortable around.

Keep doing what your doing.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hi Nostranova,
I enjoyed your post, when i was 20 in 1977 i had a very scary experience involving a poltergeist as a ghost investigator, i will post about it when i am not a newbie!
I hope you enjoy your A.T.S. experience!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

Please do share your experience. In all my years reading and investigating, i've never had contact with anything evil or picked up anything bad.

However, I did witness something one night when I was very drunk. A story for another time though.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hi Nostranoval,
I was a junior investigator on a famous case in Enfield, a suburb of London in 1977, easy to look up, evil cackle LOL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join