It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grassley announces he will push for investigation into democrats and Fords lawyers for actions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Kavanaugh got the top rating from the ABA. Your saying he is not the most qualified is meaningless dribble.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Grambler

Victim blaming, deflection, and what is clearly petty, partisan revenge. This is pathetic. Grassely should be removed from office immediately.

Victim blaming when he clearly states that ford is also a victim of the Dems?

That is such a pathetic claim that outs you as not caring about ford at all

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Grassley announces he will push for investigation into democrats and Fords lawyers for actions

Then prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Impeachment, and jail time.

Speaking of Pesoli is already talking about impeaching Kavanugh.

Ol Lube Rack better be careful.

Her own party will strip her naked and parade her through the streets of san fran.

Hope someone has a good cam!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Victim blaming, deflection, and what is clearly petty, partisan revenge. This is pathetic. Grassely should be removed from office immediately.

Read this again folks and let it be a reminder of the level of hypocrisy on the Left.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: watchandwait410

Why should his life be ruined to make Democrats happy?

SOP for those that don't like Trump.

Only morons do stuff like that.

Prove yourself right, idiots.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Burdon of proof is on you guys making the claim. Prove that Grassley offered to fly the Judicial Committee out to California he hear Ford's testimony, and not his personal staffers.

Burdon of proof is on the accused now, meatball.

That's the new rules.

Ford and her team need to prove it.

Remember?

Can't have it both ways.

I need 1 more infinity stone.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I remember when this came out in the news... I quipped back to someone that hey she isn't home, she's hiding out somewhere because of the death threats and such. I think it came up in the hearing that she has had to move twice since her name was released. ya think that maybe for a women that has a tad bit of a anxiety disorder that the situation just may have put her on the borderline when it came to anxiety...
but oh, she could fly to hawaii... under better circumstances, when her stress level was much less than it would have been when her family's safety was such a concern. and oh, she didn't get the message about them coming to her, which she admitted in the hearing that she may have gotten but could have misunderstood!!!

I hate when that happens.

Bummer, must suck being her.

Her team ain't that bright I guess.

She was outed by her "friends on the left"

Never trust a dem!

Watch your 6 freakshow.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
idk if it is just the principle of the thing or what but why doesn't the reps just get someone else. This will haunt Kavanaugh for the rest of his career...

There are hundreds of candidates.

Because if you're innocent your career and life shouldn't be ruined. Simple. It's not about the hundreds of candidates, it's about the one you choose being free from baseless accusations and made up bull.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

idk if it is just the principle of the thing or what but why doesn't the reps just get someone else. This will haunt Kavanaugh for the rest of his career...

There are hundreds of candidates.

First, yes, there is the principle of it. Allowing this tactic to succeed sets a dangerous precedent that shouldn't be set.

As for haunting, I direct you to Justice Clarence Thomas as proof that it will not.

Hundreds, sure, but I'm sure the POTUS and the GOP want to put this to bed before the midterms. Going with another will not work for that. (though when RBG kicks it, I hope he goes with a female candidate next time, to take this play off the field).

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Kavanaugh got the top rating from the ABA. Your saying he is not the most qualified is meaningless dribble.

The ABA saying "well qualified" doesnt change any of the facts I said. Many other conservative judges without the shady past of Kavanugh are out there that are far more qualified and dont have the baggage. Look how easy Neil Gorsuch got confirmed, even got DEM votes. I for the life of me dont understand why the GOP is choosing this hill to die on.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Sorry, you can't claim someone is far more qualified, you are a nobody when it comes to who is qualified. No one has less baggage than him. He had ZERO baggage until he was nominated, and there is zero evidence at all he did anything, zero evidence, not a little, not some, not a lot, zero.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Grassley says he will be pushing for an investigation into why ford was not aware they would fly out to meet her.

They never promised to fly out to meet her. Prove it! They offered to send their staff out to take a statement from her. She wanted to talk to the Judicial committee, not Grassley's staffers.

Prove me wrong!

Given the fact you've provided nothing in the way of proof to back your assertion, there is nothing to prove (or disprove for that mater). Would you like the opportunity find proof of even the smallest kind to support your position? I'm sure Grambler has some, so where is yours?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am admiring Grassley more and more.

Sanders wrote to Grassley calling for an investigation into Kavanaugh's testimony.
This was Grassley's response:

“As you know, on July 10, 2018, you stated ‘[w]e must mobilize the American people to defeat Judge Kavanaugh.’ This happened less than 24 hours after Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination was announced,” Grassley wrote. “As you also know, all Senators have had access to 307 judicial opinions Judge Kavanaugh wrote during his twelve years on the bench, over 500,000 pages of documents, over 40 hours of live testimony, and answers to more written questions than every prior Supreme Court nominee combined.”

Grassley went on to remind Sanders that despite the access to the materials, he “made a decision on this nomination in less than 24 hours.”

“Your public statements clearly reveal how unimportant it is to you to review any facts related to this nomination,” Grassley wrote. “So you can imagine my surprise at receiving your letter regarding the supplemental FBI background investigation.”

He sarcastically asked: “Am I to take from your letter that you are now undecided and willing to seriously engage with the Senate’s advice-and-consent constitutional duties related to the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh to serve as an Associate Justice on the Supreme Court of the United States? ... If so, we should have a conversation about what information you need to assist you in making your decision, and I look forward to that conversation.”

link

Grassley is burning all of these Democrats for their hypocrisy. They never intended to vote Yes and made it clear since he was named. Many of them admitted that they intended to obstruct.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

Grassley says he will be pushing for an investigation into why ford was not aware they would fly out to meet her.

They never promised to fly out to meet her. Prove it! They offered to send their staff out to take a statement from her. She wanted to talk to the Judicial committee, not Grassley's staffers.

Prove me wrong!

Given the fact you've provided nothing in the way of proof to back your assertion, there is nothing to prove (or disprove for that mater). Would you like the opportunity find proof of even the smallest kind to support your position? I'm sure Grambler has some, so where is yours?

You are correct

Ford herself told Grassley at the hearing she would have liked to have accepted his offer but didn’t know about it

The response from that poster that I then have to show that every single committee member was going to fly out and do this in public is absurd

Either ford is lying about not knowing of this offer, or what I believe which is that her Feinstein recommended lawyer didn’t tell her about it, because it wouldn’t have resulted in the public circus that her lawyers and Feinstein wanted

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

that her Feinstein recommended lawyer didn’t tell her about it, because it wouldn’t have resulted in the public circus that her lawyers and Feinstein wanted

BING! BING! BING! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

that her Feinstein recommended lawyer didn’t tell her about it, because it wouldn’t have resulted in the public circus that her lawyers and Feinstein wanted

BING! BING! BING! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Aright what do I win!!!!

Oh, a country being torn apart by the politicization of sex crimes.

And yet so many people can’t see it

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Exactly right. They said from the day of his nomination that they would fight him tooth-and-nail. Senator Durbin even told Red State Democrats to be ready to LOSE this November for "doing the right thing" and voting against Kavanaugh.

Mathematically, there's no need to appease any Democratic Senators. Not one.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh, a country being torn apart by the politicization of sex crimes.

Yes, in hindsight, it's a rather crappy prize...but it's all we got.

Do you like Rice-A-Roni?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Checkmate.

www.cbsnews.com...

Hired prosecutor doesn't buy Ford's story.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Sorry, you can't claim someone is far more qualified, you are a nobody when it comes to who is qualified. No one has less baggage than him. He had ZERO baggage until he was nominated, and there is zero evidence at all he did anything, zero evidence, not a little, not some, not a lot, zero.

The Federalist Society has a list of conservative judges that all GOP presidents pick from. Many on that list are a better pick. And the fact that you say he has no baggage means you have never looked into his past. He was part of the Bush 2 admin. It took years for Bush to get him on the Appellate Court because of his baggage.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join