It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This 3-Minute Animation Will Change Your Perception of Time Forever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

invention of fire and landing on the moon... Mans 2 greatest accomplishments

Fire sure, ..you forget animal husbandry, plant propagation, mathematics............and the list goes on moon not so special without mathematics or alloy creation

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
Thanks for sharing, it's an interesting and informative video. My only problem is that none of us were around back then but we seem to know how the moon, earth and everything inbetween was formed.

Those earth and moon processes were extremely slow and destroying that information is very nearly impossible even with plate tectonics recycling everything. The moon hasn't changed in 4.5 billion years. It's essentially frozen at the time it split from the Earth.

The most complicated process was switching from single cell organisms to multi-cellular organisms - which requires hundreds of cellular signalling systems. Everything from heart beating to breathing, temperature regulation, wake/rest/sleep cycles, digestion, blood filtering, immune systems, self-cleaning respiratory systems, species reproduction, cellular division and repair.

With human history, in the last 50 years, we've built satellites, visited the moon, sent probes out of the solar system, decoded the human genome, virome, proteonomics as well as many other species.
edit on 30-9-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Somebody started that car. It banged into life. What a trip.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That was cool. Here is another one that will make you realize how little time we have been here and how much has changed.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

I agree 100%

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Very little?

Yeah I'm sure they showed us how to create religion & politics as a control mechanism, or if they counted they had a concept of Zero.

Very little of actual worth then.

And whilst insects may sing to each other do they get together an create a symphony that can be recorded for another day.

Why would they need to, some insects only live for a day. The symphony they play ensures that the next generation exists, and then that generation will sing the very same tune. We learned from them that music is something that can attract a mate. From the birds, that a dance can do that too. Some things go beyond words, music is one of those things, that as humans we have adopted and adapted those habits, taken them to new levels of experience, of other species, doesn't mean that we are any less unique in the animal kingdom and merely confirms how impossible it is to remove the human experience from that of our natural environment, however hard we try to remove and seperate ourselves from it.

Its one thing respecting nature but I get fed up reading how we are no different to animals.

We are animals though, hominids specifically, our closest primate relatives don't make music. They don't create, only procreate, so we are quite special in evolutionary terms but we are also highly influenced by our environment, and it is that ability to see, process and replicate the actions of other animals that has propelled us into being a technologically advanced species and enabled us to successfully adapt to the harshest of environments when we are basically little more than herbivores turned pack scavengers.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Nice, thanks. I know someone who would explain this, the video illustrates it well.

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Same here. How much of it is similar even with our most distant animal cousins seems to be a lot of it.
Even with our most distant animal cousins there seems to be a lot of parallels. Even with our own.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Cool - you may see all our higher functions as just a type of survival mechanism, I feel sorry for you. Each to their own.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't, that's just your rash judgement interjecting nonsense to compensate for your general ignorance of your own physiology and neurological development. I think that we're truly phenomenal. Or at least, we can be.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wow.. a human life-span is only about 2 inches?

I wonder where the birth of the Earth would show up, if the entire Universe's age was illustrated on a LA to NY map?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join