It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh’s ‘Forced Abortion’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

well, I gave you an actual true story from NY that I know about and was quite honest that I really don't know...
if it's known that the medications that has been given to the women has cause severe deformities in the fetus...
is that a good enough reason? what if her mental health providers are saying that forcing the abortion would be less tramatic to her than letting her give birth to it and learning that because of those health complications and her limitations, she will not be able to play the role she is hoping to play in the child's life?
so, I don't know if the decision in her case was right or wrong, just that it was kind of heartbreaking to hear her tell her story.

they aren't sterilizing or forcing abortions on those who they deem as weak, incapable, basically unfit in their eyes now because it has been outlawed..
this story does involve force abortions but it involves more... not all of the complaints involved abortion, other medical procedures were also forced. and let's not forget all those kids in the foster care system that were found to be given psychotropic drugs not that long ago.
personally, when it comes to my body and the healthcare I receive... the gov't is the last institution I would want deciding it. and any part the courts should have in those kinds of decisions should be restricted to protecting the rights of the individual patients before anything else.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: surfer_soul

Forced sterilization/abortion of a population of undesirables is eugenics.

This is a slippery slope, especial since there are states trying to make it illegal to have an abortion based on a down syndrome fetal diagnosis. So, the state can force a woman to give birth to a down syndrome child and then force that child's sterilizatioabortion. Something's wrong there.

I’m fully aware of what Eugenics is, and I’m certain it isn’t being sanctioned by government in any way.

It is hypocritical for a state to make it illegal to abort a Down syndrome fetal diagnosis and then go on to sterilise that child, where’s the reasoning behind that? Can you provide any evidence for that?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It depends on what is known about what damage those drugs cause to the unborn , for example Thalidomide victims were born with deformities due to a contraception drug that didn’t work properly. However that doesn’t mean they should be denied the right to life. But if it were born effectively brain dead and hooked up to medical equipment to sustain its life for the rest of its life then would you consider that worth it?

It depends entirely on the case in question we can’t just generalise the issue. That’s why it’s important for the courts to get involved which is currently the law. At the end of the day it’s about the child’s welfare and not the parents wishes.

Some people have serious issues and have to be institutionalised, the best we can do as a society is to try to provide the best care we can for these people. I’ve already pointed out previously in this thread that terrible things happened to such people in such institutions in the past, so we must be vigilant to guard against that too.
I don’t think anything should be forced on them or anyone that isn’t in their best interests, but sometimes they do have to be forced in a way for their own good.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Call for FBI probe draws attention to association's past Kavanaugh concerns

In 2006, when Senate Republicans finally hoped to advance Kavanaugh's nomination to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit after three years of Democratic opposition, the ABA downgraded its endorsement of the George W. Bush nominee.

The group’s judicial investigator had interviewed dozens of people in the legal field who had worked with Kavanaugh, some of whom raised concerns regarding “his professional experience and the question of his freedom from bias and open-mindedness," the ABA said in its May 2006 report.

One judge remarked about the nominee's "sanctimonious" presentation in court, arguing that Kavanaugh showed "experience on the level of an associate." One particular lawyer argued that Kavanaugh "dissembled" in a different court proceeding.

The result was a downgrading of the group's previous "well qualified" endorsement — its highest rating — to “qualified,” meaning he met the ABA’s standards to be a federal judge but was not necessarily an outstanding candidate.

It won'e be someone I approve of, but I'd like to think that they wouldn't just settle for anyone hoping to get someone that will push through their agenda

A girl can dream

ETA: I understand your position. S&F for this thread and for keeping it real

edit on 9/30/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

He has their backing. Fake news.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Simply put, it seems like he was a judge ruling in accordance with the law--that's what judges are supposed to do. Even if judges disagree with laws, if the laws are constitutional, it is the standard to which the case is held and upon which they make their rulings.

I don't see the controversy, here.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

One would hope, a similarly disabled person, in an institution I imagine it happens.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
......Don't know what to say.....First question....would be....who has....sex....with a mentally disabled person?....

If you believe my former in-laws, it would appear that my exwife did in fact have sexual relations with a mentally disabled man. He's about 5'11, kinda handsome kinda not, likes beer, frequents the dark parts of the internet late at night.....

A2D.....
edit on 1-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join