It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time to end this silly war!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

As soon as Kavanaugh is confirmed,

Get rid of every gun control law since 1934.

If the last two years hasn't been enough reason.

Words aren't going to protect you from the mob we witnessed last week.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: Gothmog
Norma McCorvey (Jane Roe) who was the "mother" of legalized abortion , stated that if she had the chance again , she would not have done it...

For the exact same resaon some folks are against legalized abortion

Speaks volumes , huh ?

Kind of like Anton Levey after starting his satanic church and all the showmanship and bluster ended up saying something like “I’ve made a terrible mistake” before he shuffled off the mortal coil to wind up in the hell he coveted.

OP I don’t agree with some of your wording especially the snide “I can’t use the proper term” crap, come on now that’s just underhanded and weak and did more to take away from the cruxt of the issue and instead set up a big(ger) flame war.

You did know that witnesses came forward and stated that is not what Levey said , right ?
There was a big rumor that Anton renounced all that he believed in the end
Too bad it turned out to be a urban myth.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Roe v Wade will never be overturned, but..

Ahh , a prophesier

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My Sister has agonized for years over aborting a child. She only has one grown now but has wondered a thousand times what the other one would have been like.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

your god must be a angry one. is love allowed in your religion? and what about forgiveness and humility?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

In my opinion, abortion will NOT be illegal in the US.

Some people believe that child blood, tissue, and cells are the key to extending their lives. Think about it, people are paying $8,000 bucks for a pint of teenager blood. Think about how much they are paying for infant blood and tissue.

Seriously....

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No restrictions on guns is just silly.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not sure what OP's point is? Time shouldn't have been wasted with roe vs wade, but wait abortion is extremely immoral! So then the republicans should get back at the democrats and make abortion illegal...?

Does OP think this was all a conspiracy by the Dems to keep abortion legal????

Yea.. I'm sure that's what it is. Politicians only care about abortion.....

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes, because a bunch of old rich guys should always make health and medical decisions for all women, instead of allowing themselves and their families and physicians to determine what is best.

"Republicans don't seem to mind if women get raped. They only seem to mind when they don't want to carry the baby to term."

~unknown

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 30-9-2018 by ausername because:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yes, because a bunch of old rich guys should always make health and medical decisions for all women, instead of allowing themselves and their families and physicians to determine what is best.

"Republicans don't seem to mind if women get raped. They only seem to mind when they don't want to carry the baby to term."

~unknown

No one is suggesting "all women" be told what to do with her body. Especially a victim!

People just don't want to pay for the mistakes of irresponsible people. I'll tell you there is an awful lot of irresponsible people out there these days.

What would you suggest happen to a woman who has had multiple abortions as a means of birth control? Or the extreme where a woman abortions a child to hurt the partner? You act like everything with a vagina is automatically good and everything with a penis is automatically evil. Especially a white one...

Op is still a nutter.
But you're not far behind.
Just on the opposite side of the coin.
edit on 30-9-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Before abortion, the situation was dealt with by child abandonment. People would just leave the baby on a roadside or somewhere else. It might be found by someone that wanted it or just die of exposure or eaten by animals. When the Christian church came along, they did not endorse this practice. In fact they became known for not doing this. People would make an effort to place the child or drop it off at a monastery. In time, the churches developed orphanages.

You don't hear so much about adoption anymore but it still exists. Getting a baby isn't so simple today, people go to other countries or pay for them sometimes.

What I'm saying is being anti abortion is a very Christian position. Only a non Christian could believe otherwise.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Before abortion, the situation was dealt with by child abandonment. People would just leave the baby on a roadside or somewhere else. It might be found by someone that wanted it or just die of exposure or eaten by animals. When the Christian church came along, they did not endorse this practice. In fact they became known for not doing this. People would make an effort to place the child or drop it off at a monastery. In time, the churches developed orphanages.

You don't hear so much about adoption anymore but it still exists. Getting a baby isn't so simple today, people go to other countries or pay for them sometimes.

What I'm saying is being anti abortion is a very Christian position. Only a non Christian could believe otherwise.

I think it is illegal in the States to abandon a child. And one can go to jail for doing so.
In Asia, woman still abandon their children daily, nothing really happens since it occurs often. Where the child ends up at is at a govt. help center for abandon children. Most people here do NOT adopt children.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Some of you are taking my OP way too serious. It was more than tongue in cheek. I harbor zero ill will to homosexuals or even Lefties, and I poke at fun topics like this all day with my not same minded friends. With that said, look at the so-called riots and movements. Regardless of the topic, it is always the same band.
But.... But. I have made a couple of iron clad arguments within my tongue in cheek posts. And not a single one of you dissenters have dared touch these topics. So I will list them for you coz it may not have been clear:

Obstruction - Kavanaugh vote has been obstructed because of fears Roe v Wade being overturned. As I look outside at the nice sun this morning, the motive is clear as day to me. Chuck Schummer said so well before this issue was immorally created.

Sleight of Hand - Abortion is not about Female Productive Rights. It is however about the murder of an unborn child because the female, or both the female and the donor, are unwilling to take responsibility for their action. This unwillingness results in the needless death of a child. Painting abortion about Female Productive Rights is clever repainting of the issue for the intellectually challenged. Not a single libertarian, normal conservative or likewise would argue that anyone including women do not have the right to their own body.
For instance, right to life activists are not against condemns or birth control. Sleight of hand folks!

Additional to this point is the fact that it is State Sanctioned. This means we as a people agree with aborting a fetus (murdering an unborn child). As I said, I don't care what you do with your family. Take your kids to Vegas, teach them God is not real, this is all your prerogative. However, when this now paints my nation that I am a part of, and yes I believe God judges nations, then I have a problem with saying that it is okay via making it a law.

I'd much rather the federal government say that it is immoral, while at the same time say that it is not within the state's right to regulate such a thing. Then I and my people and family have no hand in what others do. We as a nation have said that it is immoral, and now it is up to the individual. Their conscience, their God, and their family will deal with that decision.

edit on 30-9-2018 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Norma McCorvey (Jane Roe) who was the "mother" of legalized abortion , stated that if she had the chance again , she would not have done it...

For the exact same resaon some folks are against legalized abortion

Speaks volumes , huh ?

Kind of like Anton Levey after starting his satanic church and all the showmanship and bluster ended up saying something like “I’ve made a terrible mistake” before he shuffled off the mortal coil to wind up in the hell he coveted.

OP I don’t agree with some of your wording especially the snide “I can’t use the proper term” crap, come on now that’s just underhanded and weak and did more to take away from the cruxt of the issue and instead set up a big(ger) flame war.

You did know that witnesses came forward and stated that is not what Levey said , right ?
There was a big rumor that Anton renounced all that he believed in the end
Too bad it turned out to be a urban myth.

I stand corrected and we both got the spelling wrong Lavey...

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: toms54

I think it is illegal in the States to abandon a child. And one can go to jail for doing so.
In Asia, woman still abandon their children daily, nothing really happens since it occurs often. Where the child ends up at is at a govt. help center for abandon children. Most people here do NOT adopt children.

We don't abandon children in the US today, we abort them. Wouldn't you prefer to see them adopted rather than killed? Which is more Christian?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'm curious about the male homosexual. I understand You cannot type it here, but You can send it to Me and heck, You can even call Me that name in an angst filled diatribe..

So You vote (R) and only give 2 squats "Up until" that child is born and then You try and screw that kid's parents and then kill that same child w/poisons in the food/water supply and then replace any environmental law passed the last 25 years...

Now I know why You chose 'FingerMan" How many folks have given You one?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Sorry Jim. I cannot confirm your confirmation bias. But since you are interested, (WHEW, I'M BLUSHING), I am a self described libertarian. I swing back and forth. I guess you could call me a bipolitical, or nonpolitical specific. But hey, thanks for asking!

"You try and screw that kid's parents and then kill that same child w/poisons in the food/water supply and then replace any environmental law passed the last 25 years... "

First off, what kids parents are you referring to? I am heterosexual and monogamous. I can assure you that I don't have sex with any non-aborted fetus parents.
Also, while I am quite industrious at multitasking, I do not have the knowledge ability or skills (KSAs for the uninitiated) to poison all of the unaborted fetus children of the United States.

To answer your last question, what do you mean? How many folks have I given the finger? In what sense?
I will tell you that there is only one person I have ever given my finger.
edit on 30-9-2018 by FingerMan because: misspelled uninitiated with unurinated

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1
My Sister has agonized for years over aborting a child. She only has one grown now but has wondered a thousand times what the other one would have been like.

I empathize with your sister.
I like many who have posted on this thread have known people who have pondered this decision.
I postulate there would be a lot less abortions if the Government called it immoral, but did not regulate/prevent abortion. I find that to be a middle ground we all can live with. In some situations, it may make the difference in whether a person chooses to abort a life.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

your god must be a angry one. is love allowed in your religion? and what about forgiveness and humility?
You will have to elaborate on what you mean. I have not shown anger nor have I shown any unwillngness to be forgiving within this thread.
I practice a philosophy based on inspired teachings of historical figures. I find the word religion does not describe my practice.
Love and forgiveness are tenants. Humility is not applicable in a discussion in the mudpit, but I'll try.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join