It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop defending people you don't personally know it's a joke

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Then why is it being brought up? I mean if it matters so little?

The more someone sputters on and on about how little something matters, that usually translates to it matters more than a little.

But, if I misconstrued you, and all the others who bring it up, my apologies.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

That's my point, I've seen you be reasonable. I've seen you be hot headed. Reality and dealing with it can be a blurry happenstance, ain't nobody got all the answers or are totally infallible within their opinions, well researched or not.

Never claimed to be............

I'm an idiot not stupid...

never claimed either one.......

Couldn't give a crap about my ego, it's why I'm in a thread I'm hardly wanted by the participants to try and have a reasonable debate.

mmm Couldnt give a crap about your ego, but have the testicular fortitude to try and accuse someone else of being egotistical? funny that......if you were trying to have a reasonable debate, why the personal attacks?????

You know......what you tried to allude that I was doing, and instead did yourself, quite blatantly.......

I was alluding to past interactions, two of them being about Muslims, yes seemingly my words did affect you since you apologized and agrees to my point about how we should treat others on an individual basis... Kinda like the law no?

I have never said anything disparaging about muslims.......ever.......so feel free to go ahead and post your evidence......

Anyways thanks for being so charitable with your time. I appreciate it. No that isn't sarcasm either. Time is a precious thing, it's sad when it's needlessly wasted.

I couldnt agree more!

Hope the rest of your evening is blessed

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Even when we see a wrong being made?

Yep like a persons civil liberty being steam rolled over.

No Voir Dire.

No discovery.

No real judge.

No real court of law that violated more than half a dozen amendments in the Bill of Rights.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Defending kavanaugh is defending the rights we all enjoy. Innocent until proven guilty.

Has nothing to do with him. Everything to do with me and my rights

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I don't support Kavanaugh, I support truth, evidence, and due process.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I’ve never accused him or her of lying. The only side I’m on is the innocent until proven guilty, but the left already hung this guy and his family before any proof has been shown. Maybe it will just take rape allegations against you personally to get it. The left will never recover from what they did to this man.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

No leftist care. My dad told me he's guilty and all the holes in her story are lies she never changed her story and there are no holes. I showed him sworn statements directly from her that show multiple changes but it wasn't CNN or maddow so he wouldn't look at it.

He's a very intelligent person too.

These people are religious, they don't care.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You sir, like your name suggests are a dildo.

😗

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You don't know any of these people. You have never met them and know nothing other than what you've been told by the media. Give it a break.

The guy is obviously super connected with the Bush family, the same family who financed the Nazi's during WW2, invaded Iraq based on lies and a host of other things such as Bush Sr.'s connections to the JFK assassination. Guess we forgot though cause Republican damnit and all Republican's are good people!

After your rant about people supporting or bashing other people they have never met and only heard about through the media you are speaking from personal experience with Kavanaugh, the Bush family and all republicans?

Fail, epic.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think none of us know the truth at this point. We can use our special Blinding Partisan Glasses to see what we are inclined to see, and we all are entitled to our gut feelings and our opinions, but as of right now, that’s all we have. That is why a new FBI investigation could help all of us see more clearly in this case.

I suspect Kavanaugh has committed perjury. I suspect this will become a major issue. .

But I’m not the FBI, and therefore I do not know what this new investigation will discover.

Yes, I know he was investigated before. But be honest, when Clinton’s investigation was reopened prior to the election, did any Trump supporters cheer that on, given there was potentially new information? And was it not then discovered that there really was no new information?

I think he was an elite Prep School party boy who probably doesn’t remember some things he did while in that mode. I also think that one youthful mistake, given the cultural environment of the time, should not turn him into a monster now if he became a responsible adult. It doesn’t make assault ok, and believe me I am very sensitive personally to that issue, but in a purely legal sense, the law back then was different and he would not be culpable now.

If it was more than one youthful non-adult mistake, and if it’s a pattern of behavior, then that is morally and possibly legally problematic, as well as disqualifying based on his testimony. Given sexual assault is not reported and held as a shameful secret, it’s possible the FBI might find this pattern now that they know to look for it.

If Kavanaugh thought it could have happened, or he remembers doing stuff like he’s being accused of, and he’s lying under oath to cover his a@@ while promoting himself as Mr. Clean on Fox, then how is that much different than what Bill Clinton did, lying to hide a consensual affair? What bothers me more is the question of, if this is true, him lying about it now under oath, then that is completely disqualifying, not to mention his non-oath “image creation” on Fox.

He could have used his tears to show regret for the behavior in the environment of the time (the party atmosphere was known to be horrendous and sucked in a lot of elite kids who faced enormous pressures to be perfect academically but we’re not disciplined similarly for social impropriety). He may genuinely feel aggrieved because “everyone did it, why should I be caught when I know no one else is being disqualified for being drunk and disorderly...”). He may genuinely feel victimized by that. He could have acknowledged how destructive it was and opened up an honest discussion about it, thus making anyone who called him on it look petty and possibly hypocritical.

If you think I’m not being harsh enough or if you think I’m being too harsh, please apply the “partisan flip test” to see if you would feel differently if it were a liberal judge who would rule as you personally believe they should on all the upcoming hot button issues before the SCOTUS.

We want the best possible people on the SCOTUS, and it’s looking like there are better choices out there on the conservative judicial list than Kavanaugh.

We can’t have certain standards for one set of people and different standards for others if we are to have a truly fair and just rule of law, and a nation that lives up to its ideals.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

There is no new information except information harmful to Ford.

Thinking anything else is wishful thinking.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

As far as I am concerned it is strictly about the process. What evidence is there to back up this accusation? The other thing I am concerned about is the public defamation of a person that has not been found guilty. This is about principles rather than personalities. The media has turned what should have been a fact finding mission into a tawdry soap opera.

The truth be known, who really knows anyone?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

There is no new information except information harmful to Ford.

Thinking anything else is wishful thinking.

That may well be the case, OccamsRazor04, but Unless you are the FBI, I can only take that as your gut feeling, which you are certainly entitled to have.

Hope you have a sincerely great day, and that we get to the truth in the end.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The only truth that matters: presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Seriously...that is all that matters. IF someone waits 35 years to bring charges, and they don't have the extraordinary evidence to support the extraordinary claims (a threshold we accepted as a society just a few years ago), then why on earth should anything but presumed innocence win the day?

When people say "this is about what makes us American", they are right. But only if they are reminding people that we have a system that protects the accused, who is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

The fact that we have elected officials, media, and former intelligence officials denying the 4th and 5th amendment even exist in their claims that we should support the "victim" over the accused tells me that this has nothing to do with truth, right or wrong. Its a concerted effort to undermine the fabric of America solely to stab one in Trumps eye.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

What do You do when You KNOW they are ALL crooks???

We don't get to wave a flag?? Hey, that isn't 'fair' Is it because We are only 17% of the population??

I call for EQUAL RIGHTS for those who KNOW politics™ is a scheme and nothing more!!!

"Politics™ is the entertainment section for the Military Industrial Complex..." -Frank Zappa

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The only truth that matters: presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Seriously...that is all that matters. IF someone waits 35 years to bring charges, and they don't have the extraordinary evidence to support the extraordinary claims (a threshold we accepted as a society just a few years ago), then why on earth should anything but presumed innocence win the day?

When people say "this is about what makes us American", they are right. But only if they are reminding people that we have a system that protects the accused, who is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

The fact that we have elected officials, media, and former intelligence officials denying the 4th and 5th amendment even exist in their claims that we should support the "victim" over the accused tells me that this has nothing to do with truth, right or wrong. Its a concerted effort to undermine the fabric of America solely to stab one in Trumps eye.

Amen brother.........

God all mighty I wish i could sum things up like you do........perhaps when im as old and fat ill be able to pull it off

Love ya man......on point all the way

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Why didn't you just take this to reddit on r/roastme haha.

This is a bold position to post on BrettKavanaugh.Com

I don't know the truth and none of us do.

Although someone told me the Q thread is fully aware of everythibg that's going on, I peeked my head in there and missed it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

they don't have the extraordinary evidence to support the extraordinary claims (a threshold we accepted as a society just a few years ago)

Can you clarify this? Is it meant to replace " beyond a reasonable doubt"?

I can understand in a conspiracy sense but now it is applied to law? Or are you saying a Congressional hearing is more a conspiracy event then law?

Figuring out what is said to have changed.

edit:

Is it that senators may be using their opinion of what two people did based on what they say versus the actual facts/evidence?
edit on 9/30/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I talking up to now based on the hearing. What can an FBI investigation possibly turn up? Can you be specific on a line of inquiry they can make?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Google "Sagan Standard".

It was a standard that I grew up using. It was a standard that upon arriving at ATS was thrust in peoples faces regarding all manner of CT.

It is a standard that we now have eschewed in favor of the political flavor of our own choosing.

The 4th thru 8th amendment seem to cover how we treat the accused, with the 8th forbidding unusual punishment. In Kavanaughs case, how much more unusual can ruining him without even having a trial be?

In the sense of how the UN views it, Article 11 sums it up nicely. Even the Romans had it as an edict: "Proof lies on him who asserts, not on him who denies".

But todays partisan hackery has overruled centuries of human rights advancements in the last week. And people are actually cheering it on.

The age of enlightenment took 300 years to fully extinguish itself. And it happened with a whimper from Flake.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join