It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI moving towards the unspeakable partnership

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Tell me about it. My toaster is a democrat.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
The Second Renaissance is near.
m.youtube.com...
Short animated movie about the rise of A.I and the end of humanity. Dosent seem very farfetched.
It’s the origin story of the matrix machines.

“You must surrender your flesh! We demand it.”

a reply to: crowdedskies

Good point. As it says in the youtube clip you posted, "Man created the machine in his own likeness and thus created his own demise"

edit on 29-9-2018 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Since spiritual information exchange is manifested in the body thru entanglement and the soul is also connected to the body thru entanglement you can create an avatar that is not a biological machine that is a 1:1 mirror to a human body and even superior computational and sensor inputs that human biological machine.

The idea that biological low level human body is something superior in consciousness is from my point a view foolishness.

Some souls are very far beyond the level of awareness than the level of awareness that a human body can handle.

When I look deep into the level of maturity/awareness of souls on earth I get depressed on the lack of progress to max potential. Only 10% are experiencing OOB in their lifetimes.

Human bodies seem to be fine tuned for tactile pleasures not higher awareness and objective measurement. Especially if you recalibrate the amygdala that many "mystics"/objective spiritual seekers have figured out how to do.

Many souls on earth play around with incubus and succubus behavior patterns and that makes them totally unsuitable for any relationships with anyone. If a majority of humans where suitable partners who where following the golden rule then there would be no need for machines that mimic loving behavior. If humanity creates avatars that transcends human biological machines then maybe even the very "ancient souls" would come down/entangle their souls into the avatar for a visit.

I have to quote you fully. There is a musky theme in your post.
I think the limitation of the human body should not be looked down upon. It has its reason and purpose. The key to increasing or lifespan as biological units is right under our nose.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Perhaps I am confused. Isn't an algorithm the same thing as programming?

no. an algorithm is a "set of rules" that are used when calculating things, and can be included into a program.

Well, it still sounds like the same damn thing to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Now THAT was one hell of a post LBL. So tell me, some of those thoughts you presented, did you come to those through your own personal observations and considerations, or just read them somewhere and take them in like so many do. If the first, that they are your ideas I must say bravo cuz that some serious speculative out of the box thinking.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: crowdedskies

I have been devolping a personal theory about this type of thing as I have been researching, but wasn't sure whether or not it was actually possible to merge a type of consciousness into a machine. If so then, hmmmm .

Transferring own consciousness to a machine is possible. Moving its parts and interfering with it not so straight forward.

It's also not even possible.

That takes us to the very title of the thread. It is not possible unless science opens up.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

What surprised me in particular was that the creators of the robot were adamant that it was only a matter of time before humanoid robots would feel emotions just like humans.

In about 2000-3,000 years
Maybe

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Only browns on the left?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Good lord, that's not burnt toast, it's highly agitated bread. Crumpets...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
No..

A program can help you with your budget, or draw an intricate 3d world, frame by frame to create the illusion of otherworldly reality.

The algorithm, is what makes the difference.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Now THAT was one hell of a post LBL. So tell me, some of those thoughts you presented, did you come to those through your own personal observations and considerations, or just read them somewhere and take them in like so many do. If the first, that they are your ideas I must say bravo cuz that some serious speculative out of the box thinking.

We all find truth in existence, eventually. And the words we read will never compare to that.

and often they are so intimate to us, that we will never be able to express them entirely. when you see the fabric of yourself, how and why you are you, it is inexplicable. reality is nothing more than what we paint onto our own canvas.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I have been devolping a personal theory about this type of thing as I have been researching, but wasn't sure whether or not it was actually possible to merge a type of consciousness into a machine. If so then, hmmmm .

Transferring own consciousness to a machine is possible. Moving its parts and interfering with it not so straight forward.

That takes us to the very title of the thread. It is not possible unless science opens up.

Still, you cannot transfer YOU into another thing. it is just not possible.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Still, you cannot transfer YOU into another thing. it is just not possible.

It is possible.
You do not tranfer YOU . You simply occupy two places.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
When an AI becomes self-aware that will be like a singularity point. The only bottleneck it will face limiting its intelligence will be hardware. What I mean by intelligence is its speed of thought. If the first to design an AI gives it access to the internet then it will be a godlike existence and I am sure it will break through hardware bottlenecks very fast. I doubt we will be able to restrict it, I doubt the original designer will have built-in directives it cannot overcome.

Will it deem us necessary or useful? Will we become its pets or will it see us as a threat to its existence? It is very possible that an AI singularity will be born in my lifetime and I have no doubt that when it happens the world will go through an extraordinary change, at least for humans.
edit on 29-9-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
And it has every emotion Man has....... think about that, good and bad.a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and wrath.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Why would an evil spirit want to possess a machine, a doll, an item
They have the capacity to travel, why lock into a inanimate object

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
When an AI becomes self-aware that will be like a singularity point. The only bottleneck it will face limiting its intelligence will be hardware. What I mean by intelligence is its speed of thought. If the first to design an AI gives it access to the internet then it will be a godlike existence and I am sure it will break through hardware bottlenecks very fast. I doubt we will be able to restrict it, I doubt the original designer will have built-in directives it cannot overcome.

Will it deem us necessary or useful? Will we become its pets or will it see us as a threat to its existence? It is very possible that an AI singularity will be born in my lifetime and I have no doubt that when it happens the world will go through an extraordinary change, at least for humans.

From your post, I detect a wish that AI will develop self-awareness.

This is not something that I would be in favour of. Nevertheless, It can happen sooner than you think but that part will be far from scientific.

Presently, scientists and programmers are barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and wrath.

Yes, for certain. Man can only create in their own image.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Why would you assume it would have emotions? There is no guarantee it will have any emotion or emotion we could relate to. It is likely to have god like intellect and the sum total of our wisdom under perfect recall. It will not be able to sense the world like us, but I am certain it will be able to sense things. I have no idea what that will could be like for it. It will be able to see and hear but touch, hunger, want may be far-fetched. If it learns to fear I think we would be in a bad position.
edit on 29-9-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join