It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI moving towards the unspeakable partnership

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I was reading the other day about Sophia the robot who wants to have a family. She (it ?!!!) was answering questions from scientists and journalists . What surprised me in particular was that the creators of the robot were adamant that it was only a matter of time before humanoid robots would feel emotions just like humans. As for Sophia's responses to the questions put to her, her makers stated that there was no pre-programming and that Sophia was reading body language and responding accordingly. Furthermore, Sophia was using an algorithm which enabled her to build knowledge and experience. There is no point giving any links to this and you can google if you want. I am just using Sophia as an example.

Needless to say, I was not impressed. For me a machine is and always will be a machine; no scope for emotions , desires or such things. However, it is a different matter if you are able to ensoul the machine. This is something that I have touched upon a while back but I cannot remember whether it was a contribution to a thread.

The question of ensouling a machine is , in my view, a possibility. Two scenarios come to mind : 1) a demonic possession of a machine 2)a deliberate attempt to "possess" a machine. The latter seems much more likely.

There are types of magical training that involve transferring consciousness into inanimate objects, animals and humans. So it is not beyond possibility that consciousness can be transferred into a robot, even if only temporarily. It can become more complex and ,as an alternative to extending consciousness, an elemental being can be created to live in the machine as it were.

In order for the above to be achieved , science would need to engage with esoteric science. It might seem an unlikely partnership at first but I foresee that they'll be running for help when the machine starts having a mind of its own.

edit on 29-9-2018 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
We should ask neutronflush.....he only responds to 911 threads though

I like that Sophia...
She tells me call her Sophy baby
edit on 29-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Perhaps I am confused. Isn't an algorithm the same thing as programming?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sophia is a very high tech puppet. Strings, wires and remote controls replaced with advanced software, algorithms and programming.

Primitive compared to what some are reportedly working on.

Fascinating nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

no. an algorithm is a "set of rules" that are used when calculating things, and can be included into a program.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

I was confused too. I am just repeating what the makers of Sophia said. They must have been using the term loosely.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
I was reading the other day about Sophia the robot who wants to have a family. She (it ?!!!) was answering questions from scientists and journalists . What surprised me in particular was that the creators of the robot were adamant that it was only a matter of time before humanoid robots would feel emotions just like humans. As for Sophia's responses to the questions put to her, her makers stated that there was no pre-programming and that Sophia was reading body language and responding accordingly. Furthermore, Sophia was using an algorithm which enabled her to build knowledge and experience. There is no point giving any links to this and you can google if you want. I am just using Sophia as an example.

Needless to say, I was not impressed. For me a machine is and always will be a machine; no scope for emotions , desires or such things. However, it is a different matter if you are able to ensoul the machine. This is something that I have touched upon a while back but I cannot remember whether it was a contribution to a thread.

The question of ensouling a machine is , in my view, a possibility. Two scenarios come to mind : 1) a demonic possession of a machine 2)a deliberate attempt to "possess" a machine. The latter seems much more likely.

There are types of magical training that involve transferring consciousness into inanimate objects, animals and humans. So it is not beyond possibility that consciousness can be transferred into a robot, even if only temporarily. It can become more complex and ,as an alternative to extending consciousness, an elemental being can be created to live in the machine as it were.

In order for the above to be achieved , science would need to engage with esoteric science. It might seem an unlikely partnership at first but I foresee that they'll be running for help when the machine starts having a mind of its own.

I have been devolping a personal theory about this type of thing as I have been researching, but wasn't sure whether or not it was actually possible to merge a type of consciousness into a machine. If so then, hmmmm.

Then my thoughts on the anti-christ/mark of the beast system may have something to do with (or be) AI and what is to come. Just a Christian POV. I always thought the mark of the beast had something to do with microchips, but if AI develops the way the scientists are working towards, then AI explains even more exactly how this system could work.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Sophia is a very high tech puppet. Strings, wires and remote controls replaced with advanced software, algorithms and programming.

Fascinating nonetheless.

A lot of people on the internet are being frivolous about Sophia; asking if she provides certain carnal services.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

i think both your options are possible
a third option could be the demonic possessed machine combined/implanted into/onto the human
then tapping into and changing the DNA into something er post human or better still
lets say transhuman
could this then be the mark of the beast
strewth think i need a beer
this is serious stuff

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Since spiritual information exchange is manifested in the body thru entanglement and the soul is also connected to the body thru entanglement you can create an avatar that is not a biological machine that is a 1:1 mirror to a human body and even superior computational and sensor inputs that human biological machine.

The idea that biological low level human body is something superior in consciousness is from my point a view foolishness.

Some souls are very far beyond the level of awareness than the level of awareness that a human body can handle.

When I look deep into the level of maturity/awareness of souls on earth I get depressed on the lack of progress to max potential. Only 10% are experiencing OOB in their lifetimes.

Human bodies seem to be fine tuned for tactile pleasures not higher awareness and objective measurement. Especially if you recalibrate the amygdala that many "mystics"/objective spiritual seekers have figured out how to do.

Many souls on earth play around with incubus and succubus behavior patterns and that makes them totally unsuitable for any relationships with anyone. If a majority of humans where suitable partners who where following the golden rule then there would be no need for machines that mimic loving behavior. If humanity creates avatars that transcends human biological machines then maybe even the very "ancient souls" would come down/entangle their souls into the avatar for a visit.
edit on 29-9-2018 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava
I have been devolping a person

Out Out damn Frankenstein !!!

But ... well, see it is I who is confused.

The thing doesn't HAVE AI in that way, it is told what to say. It is able to do webbot type interaction, but that banal bland communication is not gonna say "You seem positive. Are you happy? PLEASE HELP ME I AM TRAPPED!!!!!"... it's simply not. And this "I want a baby" stuff, is pure nonsense, whispered by the human controlling it, to make people go "ZOMG IT'S ALIVE!!!"

It is just not. Stop getting erections over silicone you weirdos !!! Even fake boobs are boring.

lol

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You'll know we are there when your sexbot sues you, takes your house, and starts going to feminist protests.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Fascinating nonetheless.

A lot of people on the internet are being frivolous about Sophia; asking if she provides certain carnal services.

Well, that says so much more about OUR future, and not the future of AI...

Mind you, if this were Humans, and she were Gemma Chan, well... I'd buy her a pint of motor oil, and a spanner.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Should take care of the Sheeple problem...... no?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

You'll know we are there when your sexbot sues you, takes your house, and starts going to feminist protests.

36 years later..

"He touched my lug nuts! I was almost out of battery and he touched my lug nuts!!!"

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I have been devolping a personal theory about this type of thing as I have been researching, but wasn't sure whether or not it was actually possible to merge a type of consciousness into a machine. If so then, hmmmm .

Transferring own consciousness to a machine is possible. Moving its parts and interfering with it not so straight forward.

Then my thoughts on the anti-christ/mark of the beast system may have something to do with (or be) AI and what is to come. Just a Christian POV. I always thought the mark of the beast had something to do with microchips, but if AI develops the way the scientists are working towards, then AI explains even more exactly how this system could work.

I have not looked at it from that perspective. What I would say ,however, it that IT is responsible for taking away our liberty and enslaving us into this big brother New World Order. As for AI , it is the main player in turning humans into zombi-like creatures. The evidence is all around us; millions are happy to have a machine do what they use to do (driving a car, etc).

I would never give up the opportunity to steer a car or bike. But it seems that there are millions of people out there eager to become vegetables and stop inter-acting with their environment.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The Second Renaissance is near.
m.youtube.com...
Short animated movie about the rise of A.I and the end of humanity. Dosent seem very farfetched.
It’s the origin story of the matrix machines.

“You must surrender your flesh! We demand it.”

edit on 29-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I have been devolping a personal theory about this type of thing as I have been researching, but wasn't sure whether or not it was actually possible to merge a type of consciousness into a machine. If so then, hmmmm .

Transferring own consciousness to a machine is possible. Moving its parts and interfering with it not so straight forward.

It's also not even possible.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Should take care of the Sheeple problem...... no?

Until they get the right to vote.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pronto

i think both your options are possible
a third option could be the demonic possessed machine combined/implanted into/onto the human
then tapping into and changing the DNA into something er post human or better still
lets say transhuman
could this then be the mark of the beast
strewth think i need a beer
this is serious stuff

That is becomming too musky for me (as in Elon).

I don't think we will get that far. Implanting a possessed chip that then changes DNA of the host? No, there will be no need to go that far. Science would have already realised that they were barking up the wrong tree.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join