It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obstruction of Justice?: White House Forbids FBI to Investigate Swetnick Allegations

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is from Michael Avenatti's Twitter feed. FBI hasn't approached Swetnick yet.

twitter.com...

Michael Avenatti

Verified account

@MichaelAvenatti
49m49 minutes ago
More
Still no word from the FBI. Ramirez was questioned despite never submitting a sworn stmt. Ford was permitted to testify despite never submitting a sworn stmt. My client submitted a sworn stmt and has security clearances, & yet Trump will not allow her to be questioned or testify.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

The FBI will investigate first.
After they know everything, THEN they will talk to her.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I think to a certain extent you are right, but won't they have to talk to her to find out who attended the parties she describes in her statement? I think they will have to talk to her even to get to first base in an investigation of her story.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

She already gave a statement.
They will investigate that.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Let's hope so. Avenatti seems a little quizzical as to why she hasn't yet been approached by the FBI. I haven't seen her statement, but I think it would be surprising if the FBI did not interview her first in any investigation of her story.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Why first?
Hers is the least credible, even though they are all absurd.

Avenatti is probably just getting nervous about what the FBI is finding.
The next time he hears from them they may have an arrest warrant for a false statement.

edit on 9/30/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Why first?

The next time he hears from them they may have an arrest warrant for a false statement.

Is SwetNeck the "lady" who attended 10 parties where women were getting gang-raped, but didn't report none of the rapes she witnessed...not one?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why first?

Is SwetNeck the "lady" who attended 10 parties where women were getting gang-raped, but didn't report none of the rapes she witnessed...not one?

Yeah that's her.

adding: just because Avonatti says the FBI hasn't contacted her doesn't mean they haven't.

😎

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The FBI isn't trying to obstruct... they're trying to avoid being made idiots by obvious fraudsters.

Just on her original statements, she disqualified herself.

She said she saw Kav, Judge, and others, spike punch and then gang rape "girls" and continued to go to these parties NINE MORE times until she claims SHE was gang raped?

Wow. What a great citizen... well, other than those 10 times she was a possible accessory after the fact to criminal sexual assault. Give me a break. She has an ex-boyfreind of 4 or 5 years, who said she was a wack job, and not to be trusted... but who said "I will make NO more statements until such time as I talk to my attorney."

Well, he apparently has talked to his attorney and knows what he can and cannot say... he is going public tomorrow.
edit on 30-9-2018 by dasman888 because: edit

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Why first?

Yes... that's her... Citizen of the Year

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's a recent Avenatti tweet:

Michael Avenatti

Verified account

@MichaelAvenatti
6h6 hours ago
More
Be clear: 1. I CANNOT just walk my client into an FBI office. We tried that. They claim they don’t have jurisdiction and they refuse to take a stmt. 2. While we may file a criminal complaint, that will have no bearing on any vote due to timing. We will proceed with other options.

I have to say that I am a little disappointed that Swetnick is not, at this time, filing a criminal complaint. It is clear from this that political considerations are taking precedence, and I don't disagree with that approach, but filing an official criminal complaint would bring her point of view more weight, I think. Bringing the Maryland police into things might be a good thing, or not, Avenatti is a better judge of that than I am.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Of course it is all political. Avenatti wants to be president. He is trying to stay in the spotlight. And he is trying hard to be the one to take down Trump - all for the fame and power.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Michael Avenatti

Verified account

@MichaelAvenatti
6h6 hours ago
More
Be clear: 1. I CANNOT just walk my client into an FBI office. We tried that. They claim they don’t have jurisdiction and they refuse to take a stmt. 2. While we may file a criminal complaint, that will have no bearing on any vote due to timing. We will proceed with other options.

Bolded emphasis is mine.

That statement alone should show that this isn't about truth and justice for victims. It's a political stunt. Give me a break.....

A2D
edit on 1-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It would also open her up to filing false charges. Makes sense now doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why first?

Yeah that's her.

adding: just because Avonatti says the FBI hasn't contacted her doesn't mean they haven't.

😎

Yeah...unlike Avenatti, Sweatneck my have enough brains to comprehend what "lying to the FBI" will do to her life.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Here's a recent Avenatti tweet:

Michael Avenatti

Verified account

@MichaelAvenatti
6h6 hours ago
More

I have to say that I am a little disappointed that Swetnick is not, at this time, filing a criminal complaint. It is clear from this that political considerations are taking precedence, and I don't disagree with that approach, but filing an official criminal complaint would bring her point of view more weight, I think. Bringing the Maryland police into things might be a good thing, or not, Avenatti is a better judge of that than I am.

She likely cant file one because she has already issued a statement that would make her complicit in the gang rape of minors while she was an adult. And that's if you actually believe her story.

Personally I think she cant because it is not true and filing a report falsely puts her in major trouble.

If these allegations by any of the women were true and they wanted Kav to be prosecuted, they WOULD file a report.

The fact that NONE have tells me they cant....because they aren't true.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Honestly, I don't think that is the reason. Swetnick has been smeared somewhat in the press regarding some tax filing issues and her divorce issues with her ex, but Avenatti says that he has spoken with multiple witnesses to her story. I think there must be a strategic reason for what he is doing with her. I don't think it is related to his personal political ambitions, exclusively, although everything is part of the mix in politics.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Honestly, I don't think that is the reason. Swetnick has been smeared somewhat in the press regarding some tax filing issues and her divorce issues with her ex, but Avenatti says that he has spoken with multiple witnesses to her story. I think there must be a strategic reason for what he is doing with her. I don't think it is related to his personal political ambitions, exclusively, although everything is part of the mix in politics.

So he has spoken to multiple other people complicit in gang rape?

Apparently none of them could corroborate that Kav was there...they would certainly have come out by now.

It's almost as if Avenatti doesnt realize that if the FBI does talk to her and these other "witnesses" that his client and the others are going to be the ones they go after as being sexual predators of minors.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

He likely knows that her story is bogus. So, he will let it go and use it in the future as ammo against Trump and the GOP. He will forever claim that he had something and everyone refused to listen.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Very Trumpian. The big lie technique. It's clever but I don't think that is what is happening.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join