It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obstruction of Justice?: White House Forbids FBI to Investigate Swetnick Allegations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
I suspect Trump wants the FBI to avoid Swetnick because there were a lot of people involved in the scenario she described, hence more potential hostile witnesses. Trump is also, I believe, afraid of Michael Avenatti. Avenatti is too thorough.

I think the real reason that Trump won't let the FBI investigate Swetnick is because Trump was present at some of Kavanaugh's rape parties. If he let's the FBI investigate they will find Trump also guilty.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

what about her? what about her weird ass stiff mannerisms and twitchy # she did. pursed lips and tight face.

Gasp! How dare you question her?!?

Seriously though, the only thing I’d ascribe Kavanaugh’s behavior to is being bat# pissed off at being labeled a rapist, and her behavior to poor coaching from her attorneys.

Or poor execution of the act her attorneys coached her on.

Or both.

link   

A2D

link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

ignorance is ignorance. I welcome any view. However if you don't know the basics then ask questions. When someone claims that the local police was pulled off the JFK investigation so the FBI could take over, I am going to correct them.

I know you to be an intelligent and thoughtful poster and surely even you can admit this thread is not much more than a troll job. I know we differ at times as far as our political beliefs but again you are too intelligent to defend this. Perhaps I was more harsh than I should have been, if so my apologies.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

No, Trump was friends with Level 3 sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein (like numerous others).
edit on 29-9-2018 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

what about her? what about her weird ass stiff mannerisms and twitchy # she did. pursed lips and tight face.

Gasp! How dare you question her?!?

Seriously though, the only thing I’d ascribe Kavanaugh’s behavior to is being bat# pissed off at being labeled a rapist, and her behavior to poor coaching from her attorneys.

Or poor execution of the act her attorneys coached her on.

Or both.

i feel about the same

imagine how hard it would be to keep it together in front of the world after all the things said about him. him coming after the things she said. them asking him questions he can not possibly answer and not letting him talk.

it think he did an amazing job of staying calm and respectful considering the circumstances.

and for her i think she is just #ing weird and awkward.

simple as that

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i mean he is basically live on camera being streamed to the world being asked/forced to defend some terrible allegations that he can not possibly defend.
all he can do is what he is going and it is apparently not enough.

has to be rough man

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: DanDanDat

No, Trump was friends with Level 3 sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein (like numerous others).

But not level 4 sex offender Kavanaugh?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yep. It’s amazing to me how hard the left has attacked Kavanaugh on a deeply personal level, then sits back and says “well gee he seems angry, we can’t have a justice that gets angry!”

As if his reaction to being labeled a rapist is in any way related to him listening to oral arguments that have nothing to do with him.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

There's always a risk that it could come back to bite them, but I think the GOP has probably done their homework on this one. A good portion of the GOP Senate is spineless. They're not going to stick their necks out like this, especially the ones like Flake, Murkowski and Collins, unless they're pretty damn sure its not going to come back on them. But who knows if its a good gamble. We'll see.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
One things for sure. I've never seen anybody, anywhere, in any meeting like this or any other kind of meeting drink as much water as he did.
My God! A new bottle every ten minutes or so? Whew. Weird.

It sort of reminded me of people coming out of rehab for alcoholism. They have to have a LOT to drink. Water, tea, soda, anything.
(Used to always drinking and have a drink in their hand, and feel naked without something to drink.)

Anyway. It was bizarre.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
One things for sure. I've never seen anybody, anywhere, in any meeting like this or any other kind of meeting drink as much water as he did.

It sort of reminded me of people coming out of rehab for alcoholism. They have to have a LOT to drink. Water, tea, soda, anything.
(Used to always drinking and have a drink in their hand, and feel naked without something to drink.)

Anyway. It was bizarre.

Hang out with diabetics.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This was the scope of the investigation as assigned to the FBI:

WASHINGTON – The Senate Judiciary Committee will request that the administration instruct the FBI to conduct a supplemental FBI background investigation with respect to the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be an Associate Justice on the Supreme Court.

The supplemental FBI background investigation would be limited to current credible allegations against the nominee and must be completed no later than one week from today.

Trump did not tell them not to investigate Swetnick. If the FBI decides the allegation is not credible, that is up to them.

I like that they limited it to "current". This will prevent all kinds of new names popping up that keep delaying things further.

link

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

So, what you are saying is that BK is a coke head with absolutely no evidence? The 'symptoms' sound more like ms. victim than the judge.....

Just to be clear, if he's guilty, he should be held accountable.... problem is, his accusers are just that, accusers with no evidence, no corroboration, no memory, no witnesses, no recollection....

Law enforcement cannot investigate a crime that has not been reported, and many of these 'additional' accusers are pulling back on their claims because they have no leg to stand on.

It all boils down to the dems wanting to derail a duly elected POTUS because they think he's mean.

I say confirm BK, take the dems power, and lets get back to basics that this country was founded on.... WE THE PEOPLE.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Anyway. It was bizarre.

I wonder how you would conduct yourself under the same circumstances, with literally millions of people from all over the world watching your every move in real time in HD.

Millions of people watching you, ready to judge at a moments notice?

I wonder.....

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Actually I considered he might have diabetes. Does he? Do you know? Because if he does, that explains it.

And of course, when anxious and nervous your mouth and throat can get dry, and you need a sip of water, and there were times when he was crying, and obviously wanted to get the lump out of his throat.

But this went way beyond that, I thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Helps with mucus and keeping a clear voice when you're speaking. Stress, anxiety, trauma, etc...can all produce a mucus response.

What I find weird is how Dr. Ford spoke as if she was nasally and was having a mucus response at times...but then at other times she would sit straight up and speak clearly.... nor did she ever reach for a tissue or really clear her throat or anything....

A2D

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So....
Now drinking water is a disqualifier?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah, I've had some pretty uncomfortable moments speaking to groups. I hate it.

Dr. Ford had a cup of coffee, and then a coke.

Anyway, it was simply an observation. I still think it was weird. Never seen anything like it, except with recovering alcoholics and diabetics.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Interesting insights into people like Kavanaugh in this linked article.

www.washingtonpost.com... erm=.775be8d93680

I didn't realize that he is credibly alleged to have lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee when he said, in answer to a question from Senator Kamala Harris, that he had not watched Ford's testimony.

This collective agreement that accountability doesn’t apply to Kavanaugh (and, by extension, anybody in a similar position who was a youthful delinquent) may help explain why he seems to believe he can lie with impunity — a trend he continued Thursday, when he informed senators that he hadn’t seen the testimony of his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, even though a committee aide told the Wall Street Journal he’d been watching. In his furious interview with the panel that afternoon, Kavanaugh appeared astonished that anybody might impugn his character or try to keep him from the seat he is entitled to. “I’m never going to get my reputation back,” he complained.

I'm sure he did watch the testimony and I am also sure he lied about it so that he would not be questioned in detail about it. It's a sound strategy which seems to have required him to perjure himself, to succeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join