It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Vegans Turn Radical

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
They were. Period. Our teeth represent omnivore NOT HERBIVORE !!!! We do not have ruminating stomachs so we can't process plant matter to energy. Think!!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Animals CAN'T murder. Slaughtered animals for food is NOT murder.

Now that presumption is more than a little speciesist on your part. Regardless of the nit picking the sentiment of my previous comment remains the same

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: purplemer

I've been hearing that my whole life. We were coming up on 4 billion and we were going to destroy ourselves if we didn't change. Same with 5, 6 and now 7 billion. It hasn't happened and won't.

Its our biosphere we are destroying billions of years of evolution is what is being destoryed. That stats speak for themselves. Do you think you will be able to survive without the support of the ecosystems around us.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The remain of your point above it mute.

The word is moot not mute.

Thank you i am not so good with words need a spell checker :-)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yeah. That's what happened to the unicorns.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

As long as the acreage was efficient, it doesn't matter to you how far from you it came from, nor how much combustion fuel it took to get it to you. Ergo, the amount of pollution you traded from land pollution to transport pollution negates itself.

That is what you seem to be saying not me. Producing food locally helps vastly as so using local genetic material and local knowledge.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

s only true if you are eating both meat and plants.

Sorry that is true codswollop. Please provide me some evidence or source that I can read to pass further comment or please feel free to elaborate to a point you could be able to share some information on this. Saying I have done research on this and I was at farms mean nothing. May I have some evidence please.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Yeah. That's what happened to the unicorns.

Any proof to substantiate the above comment.

:-)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
They were. Period. Our teeth represent omnivore NOT HERBIVORE !!!! We do not have ruminating stomachs so we can't process plant matter to energy. Think!!

Hope your joking!
You know they found a shark that is a plant eater, same teeth as other sharks.
We have many athletes who don't eat meat, don't see them passing out. Many poor in many countries have zero meat and are fine.
Think!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Have you eaten your dog or cat yet?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Dog's not as horrible as one would think it should be. Stringy, but otherwise not bad. Mountain lion is actually quite tasty, though a bit fatty.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

We do not have ruminating stomachs so we can't process plant matter to energy.

So that is why I keep seeing dead vegans all over the roads

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Wow you are good at putting word in someones mouth. I said that animals were put here for human consumption. That is why we have domesticated animals. I also said by the structure of our teeth we are OMNIVORES but you may be from the left and would argue genetics is incorrect if one decides to become the opposite sex. Nature is nature. Since the dawn of time man has consumed both plant and animal matter. Moderation is the key. Those athletes you speak of probably drink advanced protein drinks. AMINO ACIDS can come from plant material but the best source is animal matter. Oh my God and sharks that eat plant material. Ok I can accept some species eat plankton i.e. the whale shark. Your argument is weak. Reference all your sport and Hollywood peeps that are vegan I care less. Hitler was vegetarian. Such a nice guy. I would also like to add that my cardiologist said many factors go into heart disease. He also said he has a lifetime vegetarian that needed five bypass surgery.
edit on 2-10-2018 by Ansuzrune because: added a fact

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

...Wow you are good at putting word in someones mouth. I said that animals were put here for human consumption. That is why we have domesticated animals. ...

Who/what put animals here for human consumption? If your survival DEPENDS upon consuming animal flesh, I can understand why you would want to fill your belly with the only thing available. I've been in that situation (desert survival training), and when you are near starvation you will eat ANYTHING. But, most of us now have a choice of what we want to put in our bodies. Maybe you are not familiar with the obesity problem that we have in the United States, but, apparently, many of us don't make the greatest choices for ourselves (or our families) when it comes to deciding what to use for nourishment and to stave off hunger. Your doctor's story of a lifetime vegetarian needing five bypass surgeries is probably true (why would a doctor make something like that up?), but I suspect it isn't the ENTIRE story.

As far as Adolf Hitler being a vegetarian? I hear this factoid spewed frequently by offended meat eaters when they feel judged by the thought of broccoli or kale. Turns out he wasn't a strict vegetarian at all, and only began endorsing a meat-free diet towards the end of his life (coinciding with Germany's adoption of a number of animal-rights laws, I know, ironic). If you want to know more about Hitler and his diet, you can read a short article HERE at the SKEPTICAL INQUIRER

edit on 1022018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Did you not say we can't process plant matter to energy.

That would make all plant eaters dead.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Take some chemistry. We can't convert cellulose to sugars smart guy. Period. I am off this thread. Do not respond I won't read it. Graze in the grass all day. Put a bell around your neck. I DONT GIVE A DAMN.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Take some chemistry. We can't convert cellulose to sugars smart guy. Period. I am off this thread. Do not respond I won't read it. Graze in the grass all day. Put a bell around your neck. I DONT GIVE A DAMN.

Well Friend I don't know how I made you so riled up but it was not my intention.
Jesus says what comes out of a Man (words) is what defiles him not what goes in. I am not interested in controlling anyone else. I have a grief with the treatment of creatures before they are eaten and greed.

As for the cow bells well, Friend, that is not a bad idea when I walk in the woods, will keep the meat eaters off me and maybe let some hunters know i am there too.

As for chemistry I have simple science degree so I have that already thank you though.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
wait..........so vegans who dont want animals harmed......

Want to harm human animals?

The irony is so funny that they have become a parody of themselves

Eerily similar top the disconnect when its women vs men instead of vegan vs omnivores. Theres an uptick in boldness that clears the protest line and lines up straight with assault and terrorism

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Anyone can turn radical.

As far as being Vegan though, it's a good choice. Many, many studies that plant based diets are the healthiest for us. Also, the evidence that our nutrition information is often provided by the industries that are trying to sell those products.

Milk it does a body good. Does it? Because that slogan comes from the dairy industry.

Beef it's what's for dinner. Despite studies showing that we eat too much red meat.

Ever watched videos of Chickens, pigs, and cows living among other dead animals and filth and their own waste. Makes you wonder how healthy that is.

consider this. I don't eat any meat, including fish. No milk. Very little egg or cheese products.

I've never been healthier. I get all the protein I need. I compete in Jiu Jitsu tournaments. I'm definitely strong enough.

As with all things, I can't and won't tell you what to do. I only share my experiences and my opinions. Eat all the meat you want. I don't want any though. LOL

edit on 4-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join