It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Vegans Turn Radical

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The remain of your point above it mute.

The word is moot not mute.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

My point is you don't own the world, you're merely one small dot on it's face. Your opinion of the world and your view for what it should be is in question. Our environment is not in "collapse" over meat eating and our economy's strength is the only logical tool by which we can ensure that the environment doesn't collapse. If you deny that, look at the environment in Venezuala. Their economy has collapsed and their environment is now degrading at one of the fastest rates in the world.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I wish I had never eaten a cows corpse I am much happier now as a vegetarian.

It is easy for people in rich countries who make a good living to switch their diets based on emotions.
Not everyone in this world has that luxury.

I am one of those. I can only afford $100 worth of food a month.

I have done the math, I have counted the calories , I have checked the nutrition.

I can not survive on $100 worth of plants each month. If I could I would. I love vegetables and I hate the way our countries treat our food animals.

But I am not willing to damage my own health just because I feel bad for them. And asking me to do that isn't fair.

Does my health matter to you guys at all? How about the health of all the poor people in this wold who can't even afford $100 a month like I can?
edit on 1-10-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: seattlerat
I don't agree with vandalism to prove a point. However, vegans make up a tiny percentage of the population in most countries (radical activist vegans even less), and I suspect that omnivores probably engage in far more destructive vandalism by percentage than radical vegans.

Towards Vegans? Don't think I've heard that one. Please tell.

Though, living in Austin, I do see a 'type' in 100% vegan restaurants. Granted, I love the food in some of these places since one of my dear friends is vegan, we eat out together now and then. Though, that type seems to be scrawny women with hairy armpits and slight muscle builds. Hey... That's alright with me but if you're gonna look like a man, at least wear some deodorant! Sheesh!

I know... It's not a vegan thing. It's more of an Austinite hipster vegan LGBT thing.

Wow!!! No bias here. Vegan women are scrawny with hairy armpits and slight muscles...give me a break. How about all men that eat meat and make jokes of animals suffering so they can get a jab in at vegans have teeny little atrophied dicks and are impotent and probably drive big trucks.... so much for vast generalizations...

How about vegans have an undeserved by-proxy victim complex, overinflated ego, and no sense of humor? They're fairly accurate.

Did You Know These 15 Rockin’ Musicians Were Vegan?
Lol hairy armpits
Leona Lewis
A vegetarian since the age of 12, Lewis made the plunge into veganism in 2012 and supports an animal sanctuary in Essex called Hopefield.
Carrie Underwood

The former American Idol winner and country crooner calls herself a “practical vegan,” which she describes as a person who eats plant based 99 percent of the time.

Yeah this one is hairy!
Rob Zombie
Don’t let his name fool you, this Zombie eats grains, not brains.

www.onegreenplanet.org...

edit on 1-10-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

am one of those. I can only afford $100 worth of food a month. I have done the math, I have counted the calories , I have checked the nutrition.

I was raised really poor. We ate almost nothing but beans, rice and potatoes. I have had great teeth (still have most of them) and hair (still thick) and health for most of my long life as has all of my 6 brother and sisters. Lyme did bring me down.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

am one of those. I can only afford $100 worth of food a month. I have done the math, I have counted the calories , I have checked the nutrition.

I was raised really poor. We ate almost nothing but beans, rice and potatoes. I have had great teeth (still have most of them) and hair (still thick) and health for most of my long life as has all of my 6 brother and sisters. Lyme did bring me down.

My grandmother is 86 years old has ALL her teeth still and hair. She has no problem walking and running.
She is a big meat eater and has been all her life.

People are not healthier just because they don't eat meat.

Have you and your brothers been vegetarians all your life? How much money do you spend on food a month now? How much do your brothers spend?

I two was raised on nothing but beans , rice, eggs and potatoes because of how poor we were. But I wasn't healthy.

When I was 16 years old I only weighed 97 lb. Skin and bones.

What is healthy for one person my not be healthy for another.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

My grandmother is 86 years old has ALL her teeth still and hair. She has no problem walking and running.

Have you and your brothers been vegetarians all your life? How much money do you spend on food a month now? How much do your brothers spend?

I two was raised on nothing but beans , rice, eggs and potatoes because of how poor we were. But I wasn't healthy.

You are the one saying you can't eat healthy and cheap without meat not I. I did not say a meat eater can not be healthy.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: seattlerat
I don't agree with vandalism to prove a point. However, vegans make up a tiny percentage of the population in most countries (radical activist vegans even less), and I suspect that omnivores probably engage in far more destructive vandalism by percentage than radical vegans.

Towards Vegans? Don't think I've heard that one. Please tell.

Though, living in Austin, I do see a 'type' in 100% vegan restaurants. Granted, I love the food in some of these places since one of my dear friends is vegan, we eat out together now and then. Though, that type seems to be scrawny women with hairy armpits and slight muscle builds. Hey... That's alright with me but if you're gonna look like a man, at least wear some deodorant! Sheesh!

I know... It's not a vegan thing. It's more of an Austinite hipster vegan LGBT thing.

Wow!!! No bias here. Vegan women are scrawny with hairy armpits and slight muscles...give me a break. How about all men that eat meat and make jokes of animals suffering so they can get a jab in at vegans have teeny little atrophied dicks and are impotent and probably drive big trucks.... so much for vast generalizations...

How about vegans have an undeserved by-proxy victim complex, overinflated ego, and no sense of humor? They're fairly accurate.

Did You Know These 15 Rockin’ Musicians Were Vegan?
Lol hairy armpits
Leona Lewis
A vegetarian since the age of 12, Lewis made the plunge into veganism in 2012 and supports an animal sanctuary in Essex called Hopefield.
Carrie Underwood

The former American Idol winner and country crooner calls herself a “practical vegan,” which she describes as a person who eats plant based 99 percent of the time.

Yeah this one is hairy!
Rob Zombie
Don’t let his name fool you, this Zombie eats grains, not brains.

www.onegreenplanet.org...

Trying to prove your own point with famous people kind of proved #2 of the 3 points I made.
Why are you bothering? Do you enjoy the taste of your foot or something?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Radical vegans like PeTA think they are doing animals a favor by killing them...In fact, PeTA kills thousands of cats and dogs every year under the guise that they are a "shelter". In fact, they are a sick death cult who goes out and steals people's pets and then KILLS them in the PeTA van.

Please Ingrid Newkirk, you evil women, don't threaten me again...

I've been doxxed and threatened by PeTA an Ingrid the devil Newkirk for years.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You are the one saying you can't eat healthy and cheep without meat not I. I did not say a meat eater can not be healthy.

I know for a fact because I have spent years testing and researching myself and my health , that I can not be healthy eating only plants.

Not unless someone is willing to buy a lot of extra food for me each month.

And honestly I don't believe that you were healthy as kid if you were so poor that you only ate potatoes and beans.
Was your family making enough money for health insurance, regular check ups and blood tests during your childhood?

Because if they weren't you have no idea if you were healthy or not. You only know how you felt.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
All I know is that I'd rather eat the high horse that vegans ride on than one more bite of a goddamn veggie burger.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Trying to prove your own point with famous people kind of proved #2 of the 3 points I made. Why are you bothering? Do you enjoy the taste of your foot or something?

What are you on about? Taste of my foot? You are a strange one. I used "famous" People because I can't use People I know and yes they do make a point. Like how wealthy, healthy, non hairy female and all kinds can be vegan.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You are the one saying you can't eat healthy and cheep without meat not I. I did not say a meat eater can not be healthy.

I know for a fact because I have spent years testing and researching myself and my health , that I can not be healthy eating only plants.

Not unless someone is willing to buy a lot of extra food for me each month.

And honestly I don't believe that you were healthy as kid if you were so poor that you only ate potatoes and beans.
Was your family making enough money for health insurance, regular check ups and blood tests during your childhood?

Because if they weren't you have no idea if you were healthy or not. You only know how you felt.

I told you how we turned out, good enough. You want to say you can't afford NOT to eat meat!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Meat gives me more calories and nutrition per dollar spent.

That means I spend less money on meat to get the same amount as I would on plants.

It's really very simple.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

What if it is instead fake vegans paid by the meat industry themselves? I have not met a violent vegan.

Nor have I. I can believe some people are down right idiotic. We have them on every plane of existence it seems. I have seen videos of PETA folks and other crazies so I really wouldn't put it past these guys but... I'm always up for a good conspiracy. I can't deny that your idea is possible. Plausible? Probably not. I don't see local butchers getting together to organize damaging their own windows and having to pay for them out of pocket.

But again.... Where did they get the pig heads and the other meat looking stuff?
Could be....

Grats on the veggies. My step mom says she feels great since she converted. I love certain foods too much to give myself over to a plant based diet. Seafood is my first and #1 love. 2nd up is a nice juicy steak with a side of shrimp. Granted, I like my veggies tremendously as well, just wouldn't feel right without a side of dead animal.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
All of this reminds me of this:

(2:26)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Meat gives me more calories and nutrition per dollar spent.

That means I spend less money on meat to get the same amount as I would on plants.

It's really very simple.

Wrong.
"When it comes to health, red meat is oversold and beans are undervalued."

During 10 years of observation, 47,976 men and 23,276 women died. The men who ate the most red meat had a 31% higher death rate than the men who ate the least.

While the NIH–AARP study linked both red and processed meats with death from heart disease and cancer, a 2010 meta-analysis reported that a high consumption of processed, but not unprocessed, meat is associated with an increased risk of diabetes and heart disease. But a 2010 Harvard study found that both processed and unprocessed red meat increase cardiac risk, while fish and poultry appear protective.

Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of severe visual loss in senior citizens. A 2009 Australian study found that people who eat red meat 10 or more times a week are nearly 50% more likely to develop AMD than people who consume five or fewer portions a week.

The NIH–AARP study is one of the largest of its kind, but it does not stand alone. In fact, earlier studies have established a particularly strong link between red meat and cancer. An important study tracked 478,040 men and women from 10 European countries. During nearly five years of follow-up, 1,329 people were diagnosed with colon cancer. The people who ate the most red meat (around 5 ounces a day or more) were about a third more likely to develop colon cancer than those who ate the least red meat (less than an ounce a day on average).

A 2009 study of 175,343 American men found that a high consumption of both red and processed meat appeared to increase the risk of advanced prostate cancer by about a third.

A high-meat diet is bad news for a man's heart and his colon, and a 2009 study from Spain found that men who eat lots of processed meat and whole-fat dairy products have poorer sperm quality than men who eat more nonfat dairy products and vegetables.

www.health.harvard.edu...
efficiencyiseverything.com...

Ultimate Low Cost Healthy Food Guide – 44 Micro Nutrients Per Dollar – Data’s Best Foods

Nor calories
efficiencyiseverything.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
Do these idiots think that the earth could support 7.5 billion vegans. These animals were put on earth for a source of protein. In no way could earth support that. Also what about all the domesticated farm animals. Keep reproducing without culling. The vary animals that they want to protect would compete for their vegetable matter. Jeez I almost can't take this insanity any more. The left is berserk !!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

Dude. What are you doing? Thinking logically? This is a thread about veganism! Where eggs are evil for some reason.

Vegans talk about their diet like veterans talk about their service. "I spent 16 months doing my part. Came home and made a few mistakes. Deployed again last week..."
edit on 1-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

These animals were put on earth for a source of protein.

Unbelievable!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join