It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Vegans Turn Radical

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: seattlerat
I don't agree with vandalism to prove a point. However, vegans make up a tiny percentage of the population in most countries (radical activist vegans even less), and I suspect that omnivores probably engage in far more destructive vandalism by percentage than radical vegans.

Towards Vegans? Don't think I've heard that one. Please tell.

Though, living in Austin, I do see a 'type' in 100% vegan restaurants. Granted, I love the food in some of these places since one of my dear friends is vegan, we eat out together now and then. Though, that type seems to be scrawny women with hairy armpits and slight muscle builds. Hey... That's alright with me but if you're gonna look like a man, at least wear some deodorant! Sheesh!

I know... It's not a vegan thing. It's more of an Austinite hipster vegan LGBT thing.

Wow!!! No bias here. Vegan women are scrawny with hairy armpits and slight muscles...give me a break. How about all men that eat meat and make jokes of animals suffering so they can get a jab in at vegans have teeny little atrophied dicks and are impotent and probably drive big trucks.... so much for vast generalizations...

How about vegans have an undeserved by-proxy victim complex, overinflated ego, and no sense of humor? They're fairly accurate.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: seattlerat
I don't agree with vandalism to prove a point. However, vegans make up a tiny percentage of the population in most countries (radical activist vegans even less), and I suspect that omnivores probably engage in far more destructive vandalism by percentage than radical vegans.

Towards Vegans? Don't think I've heard that one. Please tell.

Though, living in Austin, I do see a 'type' in 100% vegan restaurants. Granted, I love the food in some of these places since one of my dear friends is vegan, we eat out together now and then. Though, that type seems to be scrawny women with hairy armpits and slight muscle builds. Hey... That's alright with me but if you're gonna look like a man, at least wear some deodorant! Sheesh!

I know... It's not a vegan thing. It's more of an Austinite hipster vegan LGBT thing.

I'm not sure which 100% Vegan restaurants you are dining in, but
here in Seattle the customers at such establishments look pretty much the same
as in any other restaurant, except perhaps fewer morbidly obese individuals.

Here are some famous vegan men from both past and present that might suprise you:

Mike Tyson- call him a sissy, I dare you
Bill Clinton- call him a sissy, he'll have you shoot yourself in the head
Joaquin Phoenix- ok, so he might be a sissy in some movies, but he's a great actor
Carl Lewis- if you don't know who he is, look him up
James Cameron- he's badass for many reasons
Jeff Goldblum- almost eaten by a T-Rex, lost the stomach for meat
Albert Einstein- can't argue with one of the most intelligent guys to ever exist
Peter Dinklage- short but not stupid
HG Wells- amazing author
Leonardo Da Vinci- another brillilant mind
Nikola Tesla- was in love with a pigeon
Paul McCartney- he can afford to eat whatever he wants

Vegan woman outnumber vegan men at least 10 to 1 in the US so it is no surprise that you might encounter more of them than other gender(s). Very few of the many vegan females I know come close to your description. Also, vegans don't need deodorant to be attractive, at least according to one study done at the University of Prague, which showed that giving up red meat made a man's "odor" more attractive to the opposite sex.

edit on 9292018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What shall we eat: if we ever find that some plants are more intelligent and sensitive, than some animals?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Chandra Bose proved plant sentience in 1900, so...both sides of this present argument, are faulty. Like him or not Castenada was correct in one regard imo...its a predatory universe

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes.

I recall going to a nice little Creole cafe for breakfast, and there was a woman there with a friend who had clearly picked the place in order to have a nice breakfast with her.

Well, she had the poor waitress pinned there, and she was droning on and on about how nothing on the menu was vegan, not even the creamed spinach!

And she was doing it loudly in a nasal voice so everyone could hear her. And the poor waitress kept apologizing and explaining that what kind of food they served and why that meant they wouldn't have much vegan food ... I felt so bad for her.
edit on 29-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

I've read all the posts with your glib, sarcastic responses, trying to get a laugh off of people that have compassion for animals that are abused, disrespected and tortured the world over... I hope it was worth it. From my point of view you might as well be trying have some fun with pedo humor....

Really? Please , do post all evidence of all these posts ive made making light of abusing animals.........ill hold my breath........

And you might want to be very careful with calling anyone a PEDO.......

I was sexually assaulted as an 8 year old.........and i find NO situation.......NONE........where its acceptable to call someone that unless they actually are a convicted pedophile.....

Your accusation is effing disgusting......and you should be ashamed of yourself.
edit on 9/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why can't Vegans have a Libertarian view on things? But no, they have to go after people who don't bother them at all. Be Vegan all you want, just don't interfere with my smoking a Brisket, Ok?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I've been vegan before and am vegetarian now. Libertarian leaning as well. Why can't vegans/vegetarian be Libertarians?
Libertarian is not only conservative leaning. It means Fiscal Conservative/ Socially Liberal, and can vary, swinging, closer to one side of the other of the partisan scale.

Oh, and yeah the people in the OP DO make a bad example with extreme reactions, even if it's an example of confirmed case of defense but using the same tactics.
edit on 29-9-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

LOL I must be scrawny and hairy, muscle bound too.

lol I mean 'gyna power!!!

JK

Yeah, I don't let people know I'm a vegetarian anymore, unless they are on the same page, tired of being asked and insulted. At least there are more foods now days that appear like meat for a cookout, etc.
edit on 29-9-2018 by dreamingawake because: changed it a bit

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yes, but does it mean interfering with others liberty's and choices? I don't try to change Vegans into omnivores.

Libertarianism (from Latin: libertas, meaning "freedom") is a collection of political philosophies and movements that uphold liberty as a core principle. Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, and individual judgment.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That's great that you don't. Happy for that and others that realize this.
To answer left leaning Libertarian-ism does not mean interfering for many I know and well shouldn't as well.

The vegetarians and vegans that due also stereo-typically fall into newbies and trendies(one's that try it because their fav celebrity did) as well, or in other words they follow PETA-- yuck, which used to be a good org until hijacked by extremists killers for the most part-there's few good causes.)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
wait..........so vegans who dont want animals harmed......

Want to harm human animals?

The irony is so funny that they have become a parody of themselves

So now you are willing to call yourself a human animal when it is time to ask for the respect they give to other animals? Well, the point I think you missed is that we do not behave like other animals. Other animals do not torture and torment animals

We have a cat, Trinity is her name. Last week Trinity had a mouse in the garden. It was alive to start with, I watched as she threw the poor thing feet into the air and chased after it, clawing and ripping at it with her teeth each time she caught it again. After the wee thing died, Trinity kept this game going with its lifeless corpse for a while longer.

Tell me again how animals do not torment and torture other animals???
edit on 30/9/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

So now you are willing to call yourself a human animal when it is time to ask for the respect they give to other animals? Well, the point I think you missed is that we do not behave like other animals. Other animals do not torture and torment animals

We have a cat, Trinity is her name. Last week Trinity had a mouse in the garden. It was alive to start with, I watched as she threw the poor thing feet into the air and chased after it, clawing and ripping at it with her teeth each time she caught it again. After the wee thing died, Trinity kept this game going with its lifeless corpse for a while longer.

Shes apparently never seen chimps i the wild.........Or what wolves do in packs to livestock they dont eat.........

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Shes apparently never seen chimps i the wild.........Or what wolves do in packs to livestock they dont eat.........

Exactly. Having a vegan diet is a bit like having a penis. It's OK to have but you don't go round waving it about acting like it's better than everyone else's and you certain don't go shoving down other people's throats...

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Exactly. Having a vegan diet is a bit like having a penis. It's OK to have but you don't go round waving it about acting like it's better than everyone else's and you certain don't go shoving down other people's throats...

and besides that.......they should be happy......i killed an ate the animal that was trying to eat all their food........

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I know plenty of Vegans, Vegetarians, meat eaters, wasps, horses, and even a fly swarm. We all eat differently and think differently. We don't have food fights and shake fists across a kitchen.

I think educating people is the way to go. We all think and feel differently about a number of things. Each person is free to choose.
I will never be forced to give up meat. Only I will choose if and when that happens.

What a world we live in.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why can't people just mind their own damn business and leave others alone?

In all things. If it doesn't affect you just mind your own business please.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Animal agriculture is the single greatest cause of habitat loss and extinction on the planet. Its all a matter of perspective really. But in my opinion your short sighted eating habits are destroying the biosphere on which we live. Your behavior is fanaticism but you wont want to look at that.

edit on 30-9-2018 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

In all things. If it doesn't affect you just mind your own business please.

Thats mute. You could say the same about the Nazi holocaust camps. Many did. Would you be one of those poeple.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Yes, but does it mean interfering with others liberty's and choices? I don't try to change Vegans into omnivores.

When your eating habits are destroying our planet it becomes my problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join