It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today Smears Kavanaugh as Child Molester, Runs Column Saying Keep Him Away From Coaching Kids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

USA Today Smears Kavanaugh as Child Molester, Runs Column Saying Keep Him Away From Coaching Kids

USA Today ran a column Friday night by Erik Brady calling on Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be kept away from coaching children even if he is cleared of the last minute uncorroborated allegations of sexual assault that have stalled his nomination. President Trump ordered a new FBI investigation into Kavanaugh Friday afternoon, noting later that this will be his seventh FBI background check, all of which Kavanaugh passed without a blemish of any kind on his record.

Here is the actual article: I s Brett Kavanaugh right that he can no longer coach girls basketball?

Brett Kavanaugh testified the other day that he might never coach girls’ basketball again.

He shouldn’t – at least not until further investigation has concluded.

The U.S. Senate may yet confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, but he should stay off basketball courts for now when kids are around.

Dan Hill, a spokesperson for SafeSport, said a credible allegation of sexual abuse by a coach covered under SafeSport could well lead to an investigation, even where there are no formal charges brought by law enforcement. He said the burden of proof in such cases is the civil standard of more likely than not, rather than the criminal standard of beyond a reasonable doubt.

Hill did not comment on Kavanaugh specifically but more generally about cases with facts similar to Kavanaugh’s circumstance. Hill said decisions are made on a case-by-case basis. And he said there is no statute of limitations.

The nation is deeply divided. Sometimes it feels like we don’t agree on anything anymore. But credibly accused sex offenders should not coach youth basketball, girls or boys, without deeper investigation. Can’t we all agree on that?

Can we all agree this goes too far????

Speechless.
edit on 29-9-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

unreal. this has gotten so bad......I really feel for his family, it is being destroyed and there is ZERO evidence he did anything wrong. it doesnt matter to the left, it is scorched earth policy at this point.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

? You want people under investigation for sexual assault to coach kids? I don't.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Seems pretty clear to me that MANY on the left have declared war, while the right continues to think it's the 1990s.

God help us all.

+37 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

? You want people under investigation for sexual assault to coach kids? I don't.

So a new tactic for every douche bag sports parent?

Mad that your kid sucks at sports?
Can't make the team?

Make a BS sexual assault accusation! Get a new coach!

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

they are quoted......

"The U.S. Senate may yet confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, but he should stay off basketball courts for now when kids are around," writes @ByErikBrady"

what exactly is being insinuated here do you think??
edit on am99201818America/Chicago29p06am by annoyedpharmacist because: nvm

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
So if you bone your wife, now you can't be a coach for a girls (any girls) team because people will think that sex with your wife may influence thoughts of "wow, this girl is pretty, need to make her team caption). It is becoming a very sick world in America.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Clearly the democrat prty is run by an evil genius racist,sexist,homophobic,pedophile

The democrats have managed to nullify accusations of racism,sexism,homophic and now are they moving to nullify pedophile accusations?

I really hope they dont nullify the negative connotation associated with pedophiles like they have done with racism,sexism,and Homophobes

whats next beastiality accusations. #Mydogtoo movement?

these bastards are going to force me to vote republican with their bs and i dont do that , heck they are even scaring me to vote for trump next time. They have lost their minds and have absolutely nothing to offer.

edit on 52930America/ChicagoSat, 29 Sep 2018 06:52:55 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If he had done anything outside the normal standards of a high-school teenage life back then, there would have been hell to pay. There would have been gossip and rumours between other parents and students. He and his family would have been dropped from social events.

Having two middle aged adults reliving a drunken beach party from 30+ years ago with everything taken out of context was painful to watch.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Credible.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Depends on the context. In this context, yes.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't get what you mean?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Oh they haven't hit bottom yet.

A week is a very long time and bullsnip like this will only keep getting pushed without any real repercussion.

Trump really does need to revise libel,defamation,and slander laws with harsher penalties.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think you all are triggered and don't think straight. Read what Dan Hill said again and try not to fall for the trap set up by the author of the opinion piece about an opinion piece.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The confirmation hearing/vote was nothing but OPINION of OPINION.

That were passed off as facts.( Apparently the FBI was incompetent and need a 7th do over).

Can't have it both ways.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Oh they haven't hit bottom yet.

A week is a very long time and bullsnip like this will only keep getting pushed without any real repercussion.

Trump really does need to revise libel,defamation,and slander laws with harsher penalties.

I tend to agree with you there. this bought them more time to dig something else......that will most likely not be able to be proven either way.......again.......

at the end of this, if exonerated, I would love for him to go after, legally, the people who smeared him.....it would be tough sledding though.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

We saw what they did in 10 days.

Institutionalized discrimination that is nothing more than outright bigotry against BK.
edit on 29-9-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The left started with calling everyone racist............

When that lost its value and stopped working..... now theyve started accusing people of being rapists or sexual predators......

Believe me......when that wears off........the next they are gonna use is pedophile.........and were already seeing it.....

This mans record is impeccable, hes never had an accusation other than this woman, not from his staffers, not from his church, not from any of the girls he coaches in basketball.......

Any of you backing this are gutless wonders who want to destroy the bill of rights and are either too stupid to see the ruse, or dont care because it aligns with your politics........both make it despicable.......

But by all means.......keep pushing us........and this is coming from a known middle of the road guy and heavy critic of Trump and his administration.....that should say something......

edit on 9/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Those snip hats will probably leak a letter of Kavanaugh raping Mary of Magdala next.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

There are several implications here. First of all, even if what they are accusing him of is true, he would have been 17 and she 15. Why would anyone with a ounce of common sense deduce that he is a pedophile? Particularly, if there is no further evidence of him doing things to teenage girls? The woman was 2 years younger than he was at the time of the alleged incident.

The other implication is that this makes anyone with qualifications for positions like this hesitate to aspire to them because of these contrived witch hunts that devastate not only them but also their families, even if you have had a stellar reputation in the past.

I am really, really embarrassed for this country lately.

edit on 29-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join