It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a happy guy. :D

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Most here know I had a liver transplant 15 months ago. That's all good. The Prednesone they gave me for anti rejection screwed my eyes royally. I couldn't even read because of the cataracts. 6 weeks ago I had my right eye done and that was great. I could read and drive again.

Things were still not optimum. While the right eye gave me clear vision the left made everything slightly blurry. I could close the left and things were crystal clear but I had no depth perception. Up close that DP was off all the time. I kept hitting wrong buttons on my phone. That drove me nuts. Sooooo yesterday I got my left eye done and all is bright, clear and in focus. Just like they were 5 years ago.

I can't wait to see football with the new eyes. Happy dance.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Football ?
Soccer ?
US Style ?
Or the best ? Australian rules rugby...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Football ?
Soccer ?
US Style ?
Or the best ? Australian rules rugby...

NFL. Not a fan of the CFL. That said...Melbourne Demons RULE!!!! Well they did 30 years ago when I could still get Aussie Rules.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Most here know I had a liver transplant 15 months ago. That's all good. The Prednesone they gave me for anti rejection screwed my eyes royally. I couldn't even read because of the cataracts. 6 weeks ago I had my right eye done and that was great. I could read and drive again.

Things were still not optimum. While the right eye gave me clear vision the left made everything slightly blurry. I could close the left and things were crystal clear but I had no depth perception. Up close that DP was off all the time. I kept hitting wrong buttons on my phone. That drove me nuts. Sooooo yesterday I got my left eye done and all is bright, clear and in focus. Just like they were 5 years ago.

I have only one eye. I know what it is to have one eye with vision.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Thats great news!

Man weird coincidence.
I just sent an email off to Trick Lung Mickey asking how hes been doing since getting those new air bags installed back a few months ago.
His body took the new lungs, the Dr said those duffells look like theyve been in there for over a year.
But really theyve only been in there for a couple of months.
So thats great news.

Glad to hear the new filter and those Hi-Def. lenses are working out good for ya bro!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Congrats! From what I hear from people who have had it, cataract surgery is a small miracle that gives them a new lease on life. Glad you are doing well.

Sal

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

That's awesome! Sounds like someone upstairs is watching out for you.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I am glad that your sight has been returned to you, and happy that it has made you happy

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yay! That is awesome news!

I'll be needing cataract surgery in a couple of years. Afraid of the cost though. My health coverage would only cover the cost if the surgery was performed in the hospital. Maybe the rules have changed since I last heard that.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
hahahhahaha

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Borrowed this from Night Star...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Great news! Good for you....God Bless

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Happy for you!

One of my eyes is a bit dodgy. Nothing that can be done but my other eye compensates.

There's so many wonderful things to see in this world.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Man life has gotten so much better. I actually picked up a book last night and REALLY enjoyed reading for enjoyment again. I went with something light:

I had that one when it came out in 74. Got the series and more again last year.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
yaayyy!! ahahahah..

oh sorry this sounds so fun i couldnt help it

top topics

join