It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anddd that's how more as*holes get into office.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Don't pay attention to mid term elections.

Don't pay attention to presidential elections.

Keep your eye on the real issues like he said she said court allegations, and of course, always keep an eye on Russia. Let's argue about abortions and where people go to the bathroom. If you don't like Trump, talk about it some more. Don't focus on trying to change the system, take a stand, create grassroots movements or the like, things the left have historically been leaders of... . Could Hillary be the next president? Doesn't matter. Some lady is accusing a rich white guy of heinous things, so someone they hate possibly being elected for high positions is a back burner issue for conservatives.

We should demand presidents provide legal documents like birth certificates and tax reports instead of just stop allowing for crappy people in the first place ( you get to choose who is crap in this instance, I'm not making that point.)

Really, though, Ats - what's with all of the distraction lately?

What are you fighting for? Some lady with a hazy memory or a guy that may or may not be a pervert?

If that's what this world has devolved into.. I don't know.

I just don't know.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I like where your coming from and agree....if that is possible.

What we have here is too many partisan beliefs. Especially here on ATS. Most have fallen victim to the msm and “fake news” that they have lost sight of real values here in America.

They cherry pick news and issues that fit their beliefs. Very few people are actually willing to work together to fix issues that plague us all. All that happens in all aspects of media now are attacks on another’s beliefs and calling the other traitors and the like. Not a single person is actually willing to take their head out of the sand and look around. It’s disgusting and to be honest disgraceful.

All of you that call D and R horrible people are those I am talking to.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What are you fighting for? Some lady with a hazy memory or a guy that may or may not be a pervert?

I personally only fight for the truth.

I don't care about affiliations. Sometimes I'm a (D), Sometimes I'm a (R).

Ford was lying yesterday, and the girl asking her questions made a point to prove that. She contradicted herself so many damn times it was unreal.

She seemed sincere, that's for sure, but she was sincerely lying her ass off.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I remember a number of years back, a year before the 2008 elections I believe, there was a slip up in the narrative that's delivered to us common folk.

I think it was late December, early January, the talk was spreading wide about the federal reserve needing to be seriously looked at as to being a serious problem. I remember thinking, finally! We are going to be getting somewhere!

Then, the biggest issue of the day popped up, something that took over the entire focus of the coming election.

Rubbers.

They handed us some idiot college girl who went before Congress to complain how she couldn't afford contraceptives. (So brave).

That was the end of talk of the federal reserve and how it's destroying this country.

We are handed our talking points, and the weak of mind eat it up like candy.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

She did seem sincere but yes she made many contradictions. I personally believe she has had a issue happen to her at a party and through PTSD has forgotten who did it.

BK imo most likely did drink a bunch but I doubt he ever did anything she claims he did. I’m sure he has done some messed up things but things like that are very rare and I don’t see him as doing so.

I could be wrong but I doubt it. What I do know is that my TAX dollars are being wasted when this damn bike trail by our places could use better lighting for night rides.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I love American politics. It's a wonderful circus that affords us media types the opportunity to make some serious money during elections; Writing, Shooting, editing campaign promos for TV and social media. The political parties have insane budgets for campaign material, video, print, Tshirts, etc. Someone has to design and produce all that crap. My crew is in full swing getting ready for Nov. It's gonna be a Merry Christmas!!

I had no idea that when I took that production class at a local station, it would turn into a gold mine. I just wanted to make cat videos for youtube.
edit on 29-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

*thumbs up*

Glad chaos, turmoil, and corruption are key drivers of a capitalistic economy and you're benefitting from that. Kudos, kudos.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

For Christmas I would like a new telescope and if you can my current stove could use an upgrade. It’s an electric and I want a nice gas one.

Please and thank you

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Just to insert some facts here, "things like that" are not rare at all. Here are some statistics for you from the National Sexual Violence Resource Center.

One in five women and one in 71 men will be raped at some point in their lives (a)

In the U.S., one in three women and one in six men experienced some form of contact sexual violence in their lifetime (o)

51.1% of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance (a)

52.4% of male victims report being raped by an acquaintance and 15.1% by a stranger (a)

Almost half (49.5%) of multiracial women and over 45% of American Indian/Alaska Native women were subjected to some form of contact sexual violence in their lifetime (o)

91% of victims of rape and sexual assault are female, and nine percent are male (m)

In eight out of 10 cases of rape, the victim knew the perpetrator (j)

Eight percent of rapes occur while the victim is at work

www.nsvrc.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

WOW those are some crazy facts. I meant to look up those statistics but I didn’t.

Thank you for sharing those with us. I am sure everyone will appreciate those as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

For Christmas I would like a new telescope and if you can my current stove could use an upgrade. It’s an electric and I want a nice gas one.

Please and thank you

You got it...and you and your lady can come spend a 420 Xmas with me and the crew in Jamaica.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You really believe that 1 out of 5 women in the US get raped?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Please and thank you

You got it...and you and your lady can come spend a 420 Xmas with me and the crew in Jamaica.

“Your lady”.......LMAO

I am single and have no plans of ever being other wise. But I will still join and I’ll still bring some goodies from Vegas plus buy too many cases of wine(i like wine) for the event.

Just so you know I wear a speedo when I swim!!!!

Gotta show my confidence ya know!

EDIT: I will only go if NOTSURE1 is invited though. We share a certain brotherhood.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You really believe that 1 out of 5 women in the US get raped?

Yeah, that would be at the minimum.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
That is epic. Its downright genius. I thought i was cool at hustling pool for beer, but you sir deserve an award. Have my meager thumbs up and a star in lieau.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hmmm...

Well, seems to me that a-holes getting into office is only actually a problem for a certain percentage of the population. The gutter dwelling scum who praise the name of Trump for example, seem to have no problem with it whatsoever. And speaking of a-holes, no, this...

* gestures at the Kavanaugh situation *

... is NOT an example of how a-holes get into office. This is an example of how you make sure an a-hole is not about to take office. If you want an example of how a-holes get into office, you need to have a look at the hate train that Trump rode into the White House on. Perhaps if there had been a more stringent examination of his past by the relevant authorities, he would also have been proven to be too amoral for the role, to untrustworty, too criminally culpable in matters from failure to pay contractors for works undertaken, failure to pay for the materials used on a project, and a whole raft of other criminal or moral failures over the course of his life, including his treatment of the females he has encountered over the years.

No, this situation right now, is not how a-holes get into office. It will be if the a-hole actually gets into office, as in the case of the President, but in this instance, it is not yet a matter of how an a-hole attained office, but instead a matter of how vital it is that when an a-hole is about to gain office, those who know how much of an a-hole they are ensure their voice is heard and the truth is spoken about them.

edit on 29-9-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Excellent, simply excellent.

If we could remove our lords ability to suck nourishment off of our labor and withdraw our troops so we weren't killing people the world over, the rest really wouldn't matter. But that would take some major changes for US, not the people in power but US US US US US. If we reformed ourselves, everything else would fall in line.

Through our corruption. Through our greed for unearned income. Through our lack of self responsibility. Through our lack of living a moralistic spiritual life and enmeshing ourselves in the material. We are our own worst enemy. We could get rid of our entire government and in 4 years have the exact same structure with the exact same rotten representatives as we have today.

I wonder when we will start changing?

top topics

join