It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient papyri laments the theft of Egyptain secrets- who stole them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The Admonitions of Ipuwer papyrus c1800BCE, speaks to a plundering of Egypt and a host of ills befalling its people. Notably, it sheds insight into important scientific and mathematical documentation stolen by an unnamed adversary . One day at least, some of these documents will be regurgitated by mother earth, and some of Egypt's long lost secrets will be revealed.

Let me render mute right now the Moses cult as the papyrus predates his presence.

Some excerpts:

Indeed, the private council-chamber, its writings are taken away and the mysteries which were [in it] are laid bare.

Indeed, magic spells are divulged; smw- and shnw-spells are frustrated because they are remembered by men.

Indeed, public offices are opened and their inventories are taken away; the serf has become an owner of serfs.

Indeed, [scribes] are killed and their writings are taken away. Woe is me because of the misery of this time!

Indeed, those who were in the place of embalmment are laid out on the high ground, and the secrets of the embalmers are thrown down because of it.

Behold, he who was buried as a falcon [is devoid] of biers, and what the pyramid concealed has become empty.

Behold, the secret of the land whose limits were unknown is divulged, and the Residence is thrown down in a moment.

Behold, the Serpent is taken from its hole, and the secrets of the Kings of Upper and Lower Egypt are divulged.

the statues are burned and their tombs destroyed

It is indeed good when the hands of men build pyramids,

How comes it that every man kills his brother? The troops whom we marshaled for ourselves have turned into foreigners and have taken to ravaging . What has come to pass through it is informing the Asiatics of the state of the land.

Some culture holds the key to man's most ancient source of history, the mystery to the building of the pyramids and all else Egypt's intellectual community had to offer. Perhaps whichever culture, race or creed it was, raped and rendered the mental annals of Egypt impotent thereby explaining the sudden termination of their intellectual prowess. Could it be that whatever was responsible did not have the intellectual fortitude to comprehend or copy the advanced knowledge now before them?

Could it be that the plunderers plagiarized what history they did gather from the records and made it their own?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Could we have a link? Right now there isn't enough in your thread to respond to.

But, based on what you have posted, it seems like this piece is talking about an internal mutiny of Egyptian soldiers. I also find it unlikely that the secrets that are being refered to here have much to do with anything that would have a revolutionary impact on us... rather, it seems like the author is talking about priestly secrets that have been 'let out of the bag'. You have to remember that the priestly caste had power because its behavior was considered mysterious. Once its rituals and learning were exposed -- especially through a blunt and violent act that was not punished -- its power would diminish until enough time had passed so as to rebuild a sense of awe and mystery around its members/rites.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Could we have a link? Right now there isn't enough in your thread to respond to.
The link or Google search is " The admonitions of Ipuwer." www.google.ca...

I have accommodated the search, but have not read the sites. Not everything learned is taken from the internet.

But, based on what you have posted, it seems like this piece is talking about an internal mutiny of Egyptian soldiers.
Find it, read it then critique it.

I also find it unlikely that the secrets that are being refered to here have much to do with anything that would have a revolutionary impact on us... rather, it seems like the author is talking about priestly secrets that have been 'let out of the bag'.
As above.

You have to remember that the priestly caste had power because its behavior was considered mysterious. Once its rituals and learning were exposed -- especially through a blunt and violent act that was not punished -- its power would diminish until enough time had passed so as to rebuild a sense of awe and mystery around its members/rites.
And you have to remember that before you form a defence you should understand what you defend against and to not assume,which is what you have done. I might add I tend to agree, but then again as to whom the internal nemesis were most will not agree with me.

[edit on 2/23/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

new topics

join