It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleanin' Out My Closet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

That is some great wisdom right there.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Don't...
It's over grown now.

Gaurd down.. your expectations are to high.

It's overcrowded from Stead to Gardnerville... they just kept building.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I don't accept that viewpoint at all. If you want success at something, you have to be the best at it. That means hard work, but it also means eliminating those parts of yourself that hold you back. Addition through subtraction.

I don't think this is necessary for most people, because most people have wildly different goals in life than I do. But, I do still hold those in charge to very high standards as far as their personal and professional conduct goes.

It will make me sound like an ass (what else is new), but if that conduct is weak, I simply don't respect them or their office, and work to replace them. That's as true for someone in government as it is the manager in my office.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
It's overcrowded from Stead to Gardnerville... they just kept building.

Always liked taking the road out of Stead as a kid, drive about 5 min on the highway, halfway to the CA border, and there was an amazing view of the night sky.

I don't really have a desire to live there again (unless I get an Awful Awful addiction), but I wouldn't mind a visit. Tahoe is on the short list of places I would like to live one day... but the overdevelopment there is even worse. I remember when McCarran circled the entire city, hell I remember before it was even built.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Ok..
You have very high standards. I expect the best too. But realistically it's not yet possible.

And a quick jump onto pyramid hwy... best views of the night sky. Well.... long time ago.

Edit: plot twist!
Now ask how I felt in nursing school when I was told that %75 patient success rate was good.

Hint... yea yea yea..... I was the tyrant that semester. Still not perfect, but yes I demanded perfection.
And worked with REMSA, Careflight, washoe med and st. Mary's prior to nursing school.
edit on 29-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Actions have consequences.

Sometimes those consequences are unpleasant; consider the “Darwin Awards”.

Consequences for stupidity can be fatal, and fate takes little notice of age.

Usually the consequences of our actions are immediate, sometimes the true cost of our actions is paid long after we’ve acted.

“Sins of the Fathers”, and all that.

Would you have us protected from our actions, swaddled in the safety of entitlement?

Should no ever be held responsible for injury to another? Would you extend such license to those who would injure you, or your loved ones?

Or should indemnity be determined by how long the injury remains undetected.

Perhaps some people should be allowed to “get away with murder”, if the murder remains unsolved long enough?

Not the kind of world I would want to inhabit.
edit on 29-9-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

C'mon.. you just admitted trying alcohol.

Unfortunately. However, I've never gotten drunk, much less blackout drunk.

Nobody is PERFECT...

I went to Manogue.

You did kylie?!!!

Did you drug her?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

www.bishopmanogue.org...

Fun fact...
A plane crashed on their playground.

🤗

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Ummm...I’m sorry...you sound like an evolutionist...or an “enlightened” one...

You think you can lop off parts of your nature...your character...and move on to a lighter...more evolved you...

That’s all well and good...people lie mostly to themselves...then...they project that false image as their persona of choice...their...avatar...
There’s nothing wrong with that...as long as you recognize it’s a lie...

Stating that you just rid yourself of your undesirable traits...is fun to claim...but nowhere near the truth...humans bury the parts of their psyche they choose not to express...not excise them...these parts always find a means to express themselves however...

That’s the whole reason for therapists...

You can’t relinquish your nature...nor can you “eliminate those parts of you that hold you back”...you merely choose not to express them...they’re still part of you...not laying on some vivisectionist cutting room floor...

You’ve merely accepted that these traits are no longer in charge and made the decision to exercise other parts of your mind...other aspects of your character...

Balance is not about sitting on a fulcrum afraid to sway left or right...it’s about realizing that there are no inherently bad parts of you...in the right setting...they each have value...
Balance is more about characteristics...persona’s and aspects in their proper place and not suppressed...but integrated...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Bishop

That was cold....

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Now let's assume that Judge Kavanaugh did sexually assault Dr.Ford almost 4 decades ago..., is it really fair to use that against him today?

That's what I have been thinking this entire time. Not only that, but they were both minors, weren't they? If what she claims is true, she was definitely sexually assaulted. But she was not assaulted by an adult, and she was not raped. (Obviously a different story if he was 18 and she 15 but I don't believe that to be the case. Please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not sure of what the consequences would have been at the time if she had pressed charges and he had been convicted, but for sure by now it would be long behind him and probably not even on his record anymore. Rape culture is real and his alleged behavior was terrible; and it's true that if she had reported it then it would have just been pushed under the rug. We should be raising our boys to behave better than that. But I have a hard time swallowing the idea that mistakes we make when we're dependent children should be used against us 20, 30, 40 years later.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Now ask how I felt in nursing school when I was told that %75 patient success rate was good.

The way I take that is that current knowledge gets us to 75%, it's the responsibility of those involved to come up with new techniques to push it higher.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

No one can live up to the standards that these crazy leftists hold everyone else (except themselves) up to.

And you can never be a good person if:

You are a white male
Or a Conservative (male or female)

Forget about even trying if you actually call yourself a Christian.

So what I am saying is that in today's messed up world where the lunatics of the left get all the airtime, you will be judged for the rest of your days (and thereafter, in history) by the WORST thing you ever did or said in your entire life.

UNLESS YOU CHANGE AND BECOME A DEMOCRAT. Then you are forgiven for everything.

Your first statement is just about right on. I was talking to someone yesterday and he said a supreme court Judge should be as clean as a whistle, not ever having partied and be pure as they come. I told him that I hope I never have to be in front of a judge like that, I would never have a chance. I think we agreed on that point, he is no angel either. Most of us other than stout Christians had a little wild spirit. But I do know teens of stout christians who are more into sex than many other partiers, evidently sex is as good as alcohol when you are a teen.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Your first statement is just about right on. I was talking to someone yesterday and he said a supreme court Judge should be as clean as a whistle, not ever having partied and be pure as they come. I told him that I hope I never have to be in front of a judge like that, I would never have a chance. I think we agreed on that point, he is no angel either. Most of us other than stout Christians had a little wild spirit. But I do know teens of stout christians who are more into sex than many other partiers, evidently sex is as good as alcohol when you are a teen.

Ordinary people can screw up however they want without consequence. If you want a position of authority though, you need to be better than the ordinary person.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Bishop

That was cold....

😆😆

Don't take it out of context...

Someone posted Manogue. I placed the prefix Bishop..
www.bishopmanogue.org...

It's a Catholic highschool in Reno nv. And yes an airplane took off from Reno Cannon and crashed there many years ago.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Now let's assume that Judge Kavanaugh did sexually assault Dr.Ford almost 4 decades ago while he was still a young & drunk teenager (think about that for a second), is it really fair to use that against him today?

Yes, people change, and yes everyone makes mistakes.

Politics aside, if he did do it, then he needs to come clean about it. If he did do it, and he can't admit that he made a mistake as a teen and has changed as an adult, and still denies it, he's unfit for the position because he's a liar.

Period.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Bishop

That was cold....

😆😆

Don't take it out of context...

Someone posted Manogue. I placed the prefix Bishop..
www.bishopmanogue.org...

It's a Catholic highschool in Reno nv. And yes an airplane took off from Reno Cannon and crashed there many years ago.

Is it Minogue or Manogue ?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: rickymouse

Ordinary people can screw up however they want without consequence. If you want a position of authority though, you need to be better than the ordinary person.

Huh??????? most of the people I know that are of authority are overpowering and put down anyone that does not agree with them or they are making money on the side through not so honest dealings. Many of those who rose to the top stepped on lots of heads to get there. What country do you come from that you believe what you believe in? Can't be America or Europe.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Life is a meritocracy, I expect people to be a lot better... usually they're only a little better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join